Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JD. 60

Jamie Barron rolling back the years

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A bit more urgency so far about the performance today

Let's hope we start the 2nd half well

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dammo

I see the third quarter coma has kicked in again 🙄

Cleaned out in the 2nd half.

Are we ever going to have a reliable freetaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭seananigans

Can we start a petition or something, Davy has to go championship won't be any better sooner we get shot of him sooner we can improve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Are we doomed to 1B now or whatever it’s called

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cbwfd

Some of the things today were blatant I thought. People getting cleaned out in the back line all day and nothing done, anyone could see when we had targets inside and left good ball in we were doing serious damage yet time and time again we had nothing to aim at. Such a pity as there was some huge positives like Barron and Lyons but to be let down by the sideline like that is hugely dissapointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭914

Coming into the Championship with our poor record in Walsh Park we had to beat Wexford and Kilkenny in order to build momentum.

That was a game we should be winning and should have won.

One league game to go against KK and in Davy's two years in the league he has only managed to beat Antrim, Laois and Offlay and a draw with Dublin.

Don't care what anyone says that is poor preparation no matter what way we look at it.

I'm done with his over thinking and worrying more about the opposition rather than just playing to his own teams strength.

Ultimately the championship will define our year, stating the obvious we have to win our two home games.

What a **** show

Yep atm it's

1A

Clare

Kilkenny

Wexford

Limerick

Galway

Tipperary

Cork

1B

Offaly

Waterford

Dublin

Westmeath

Antrim

Carlow

Laois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭seananigans

it isn't the first time, it isn't even the 20th time, Davy is the biggest bluffer in history ,he has to go , retreating everyone and trying to hold doesn't work in rugby let alone hurlinng, yet 16 years later it's still the same crap from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

From a neutral viewpoint, Waterford look to be like a car trying to go with the handbrake on. By handbrake, I mean Davy of course. He seems to be more of a hindrance to the team than a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Listened to most of the match on my phone and again the 3rd quarter, they were dire. Seems like they have a sleep at half time and can't get going again. Saw the last 5 minutes on the telly and the long ball in with no forward within 30 yards of the goal or a hit and hope shot, as its hard to know what they were doing. We've no reliable freetaker either so at this rate, we look like we'll be in 1B and not like we'll go far in Munster this year unless they improve between now and month end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

higely disappointing defeat.. Outfought in the second half by a hungrier side after Davy Fitz ear marking this as a ‘must win game’ in the pre match interview. It’s getting desperate for him now ahead of the Kilkenny game

hope to see Bennett and de burca back soon because the season is looking ominous before it’s even began

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭loves_me_county_boy

Looks Like another short championship run ahead with this muppet at the helm

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dilinja1

It's awful stuff. how you can expect to win a match with no forwards near the goal is beyond me. Players in possession have no targets inside so have to shoot or double back into traffic. Its mind boggling really.

It's hard too look forward to the Championship as you know Davy won't change anything and still believes in his system whatever the **** it is

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭5948ai

Very disappointing. Fade out again in the second half. Relegation now confirmed. I've never seen such a lack of interest within my wider group with the team where Waterford hurling was always a big talking point. I suppose it's a realisation that we're nowhere near it now after a few years where we were knocking on the door. Form isn't like a water tap where you can turn it on and off. A clean sweep of losses in munster probably beckons again!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Junior Hurler

4/5 different freetakers

No forwards inside 45 when 6 points down

Dummy teams

Hard to detect what the forward game plan is?

Second game in a row lad runs 60m straight in and scores a goal without any real tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Junior Hurler

Fans voting with their feet

and please no guff about Walsh Pk being a fortress for Waterford. It simply isn’t.

• Advertisement

It never was a fortress and don't knw where it came from

Kilkenny game now like Tipp in the Championship last year. Only pride to play for

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LohansRedHelmet

Waterford don’t have the players but giving Davy the job and worse still keeping him after last years sh*t show is laughable.

I said last year the worst thing to happen Waterford was to beat Tipp. Waterford are going backwards with Davy in charge but even with someone else, they will struggle to get out of Munster with the current crop of hurlers. With Davy Waterford have no hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Oddly, I'm actually seeing some positive improvements in some passages of play with some nice passing and movement but overall it's still a **** show.

At this stage, it'd be nice to just play in some what of a traditional way and go for it. We had good success today with ball into Kiely and then wide ball into the corners to Dessie for example. We definitely still have holes in the full back line as was evident today. It was great to see Barron back in that form too.

Could Padraig Fitz be good enough to be a regular championship starter? I think he's showing up and could be the one to bet on the frees from inside our own half. If we go into the championship with Bennett hobbling and shooting 5/10 on frees I think I'll just give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This'll all snowball to less revenue for Waterford next year.

Matches against Antrim/Westmeath/Dublin/Offaly and Cork or Wexford won't quite get the juices flowing.

Less revenue for a Davy Fitz run team = unsustainable. They're probably running at one of the worst deficits as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

He will probably trot out sh1te about how they lost two games by a pt and bar a couple of poor player/ref decisions would have drawn today……and of course it’s only the league. this time two years ago during the league an awful lot of punters/shite talkers were saying W’ford were the ones to topple limerick and despite what you might think bar the departure of gleeson the panel isn’t that different there has even been a few really good players added (such as the two Fitzgeralds)…….but with this guy in charge there is only one way the team is going…….utter bizzare tactics…..hard to even pick out a pattern of play……how many puck outs today did Wexford get time to play the ball across to each other up to rhe midfield line almost with hardly a challenge……when Dessie came on he put some pressure on them and disposed a them a couple of times but for the most part it was free reign for them….:.maybe they will get a victory or two come the championship and get through Munster but it’s a long shot looking at today and previous games…..Davey’s ‘Midas touch’ appears to be gone..😀

Although I accept it’s hard with the fare being offered, Waterford fans need to get out and support their team, the support is appalling. Worst in Munster by a mile. Must be hard to motivate the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

What was going on for the throw in at the start of the game? All our forwards nearly came up and stood in the stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

after last seasons debacle in league and munster, a huge a amount of fans have made a decision to stay at home and it’s hard to blame them…….:how well were Clare followed in the bad days pre loughlane…..:I’m assuming you are from Clare given your ‘name’.

Once again, Aussie must be the happiest man in Waterford. I feel sorry for the old guard (likes of Curran, Barron & Shane Bennett), having to suffer this ritual humiliation.

I'll go to Kilkenny match and hopefully get tickets for Cork & Tipp matches but fear the worst for round robin ; I've seen enough beatings in Limerick & Clare so they're not on the agenda.

It's not to soon to start speculating about Waterford's next manager. Surely Daragh O'Sullivan must be in the frame next time.

• Advertisement

Clare have always been well followed, in the 70s and 80s we brought big crowds to matches. Pre Loughnane was 30 years ago so not really relevant anyway. We have won f*ck all since the league in 2016 and still being huge support to matches.

Advertisement