Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Mother of God that is an absolutely rotten decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Should of won that game was sure that was penalty at the end but not to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Will take that get full squad back now and city will beat arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭steve_r

Sickened. Should have been a pen but really needed to take those chances when we were on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

ref's and var chickened out,

• Administrators Posts: 54,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If Diaz was playing with any confidence he’d have scored 2 today. Just no confidence on the ball at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Makes less sense than this weeks referendum wording. I've only seen one view of it so can't really comment yet.

However, what a performance.

Endo is a phenom.

Great team performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,516 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Need to release the VAR audio of that one, it’s criminal. Nearly as farcical as the Spurs fiasco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭cmac2009

That was a free kick all day anywhere else on the pitch. Cowardly decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

So you're just allowed **** kick our players in the chest in the box and it's no worries!! It's freaking insane what teams get away with against us week in week out. This sport is such a joke. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Diaz cost us that win.

That and the last decision.

We were superb 2nd half bar finishing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I dunno if I'm more furious with the pen decision or all the wasted chances.

Trying to remind myself how many players missing.

International break after FA cup.

Maybe another one or two back.

Let's try and keep the eyes on the next game and then see how Arsenal do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I've no idea how that's not a penalty at the end. Much much softer penalties were given this season. These decisions always go against us.

Saying that, I would have taken a draw before the game. Its better to be chasing Arsenal than City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭McFly85

It infuriates me having Mike Dean there as nothing more than someone to agree with the decision, as if that makes it any better. Outrageous call.

Anyway, great performance considering the injuries we have, was important to come away with something. Beat Brighton and hope Arsenal and City take something off eachother in the next game. It’s going to be nail biting right to the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Some very annoying misses, but all in all a real performance to be proud of. City's calm composure was nowhere to be seen - and I hate this word - but at times they looked thoroughly 'rattled'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We're not the only team who have decisions like that go against them....but they sure as hell never go against City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Stonewall penalty, robbed...........................again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I always felt the Leeds team of the 70s we're robbed of their greatness because of Liverpool, we were robbed of our greatness because something doesn't feel right, thank you money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That is the most stonewall penalty I've seen in a while.

Good grief.

Him barely touching the ball is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭steve_r

The referees just back each other. The VAR doesn't overrule the ref on the pitch because they don't want to show him up, and Mike Dean doesn't want to show the ref up either. English referring is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Would have taken a draw at the start of the day, given Citeh and Arsenal still have to meet. But 1-1 feels rather deflating after the fact, given our chances and the decisions that we didn't get.

Seriously, there are major questions to be asked about the refereeing in the PL. The richest/best league in the world and it has third rate officiating in nigh on every match. The biggest game of the season and yet again we're talking about poor refereeing. Getting sick of it now.

Still, onwards and upwards. We're still in an excellent position, and the squad will hopefully be in better shape come the next league game in three weeks time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,303 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sick over that we should of won, criminal misses from Diaz. Pep settled for the draw once we equalized he knew his players were losing control quickly and saw it going one way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I do think man city titles will have an *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The league is still in our hands if Arsenal drop points to City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

What a game but agree with you all.

Definitely a penalty at the end.

Poxy decision and it just keeps happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

IF we beat Brighton the next day out then we are 3 points ahead of Arsenal and 4 ahead of City before they play

One consolation I’ll take from today is that City certainly look like a team that’ll drop points before the end of the season.

They simply haven’t in previous years and that’s what cost us titles.

That, and some very questionable refereeing decisions.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Can I ask, do you actually believe there were multiple bad misses from Diaz?

Like the 1 on 1 I think he should score, everything else is him creating half chances for himself, if you look at his whole performance there is no way you can come to the conclusion he had anything other than superb game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Expected goals 2.46 . Dam how did we not win.

• Advertisement

So it's not in our hands is what you're saying...🤔🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Augme

The league is still in our hands even if Arsenal beat City. They have a big goal difference gapnbut these players know have a clear target to aim for as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Because expected goals is pure bollix invented by people who've never played the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

I wonder if that Doku foul had happened in,say, the 70th minute would it have been given as a pen.

The ref knew he was very likely making a match-deciding call to award a pen with only minutes on the clock.

Yet all the people who play the game right now use it?

He put in such a shift, particularly after the misses.

But yeah, come on, it's not a question of "belief" he should have done so much better with all of them.

As well as the 1v1, a bog standard first touch would have had him through for a 8 yard shot albeit from an angle, not taking that extra touch from Nunez's cross would have seen him test Ortega from 8 yards also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's a tool. It's a piece of information that you can use along with other pieces of information to paint a picture of how the game unfolded. It's not the be-all and end-all, but it has its own value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Thought Diaz was a warrior and we'd have been a poorer side without him.

It’s definitely not it is generally a good indicator for chances created

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Time should not matter ref should have been sent to the monitor at least

I just think the most logical explanation for how the refs have handled our games this season is brown envelopes and lots of them. If you just think about it for a second everything just makes perfect sense if you imagine the refs are being bribed. 🤣 Macca's red card earlier in the season, Jones red card. Both of which we saw happen about a 100 times each since and never a red card given. The goal they just decided not to give us against Spurs, Odegaard handball in the box, no pen against city for a kick in the chest etc etc it all makes sense...

The only other explanation is sheer incompetence but the incompetence never ends up favouring us funnily enough and I refuse to believe anyone can be THAT bad at their jobs week in week out and remain in their positions and only be that bad when it comes to decisions we should get in our favour.

Personally I can't wait for the ten part Netflix documentary on it.

Anyone else get a weird Message in their inbox from MrCrinklewood during the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Tough result considering how many chances we had in the second half.

Credit where credit is due. Quansah and VVD did a great job of silencing Haaland

And on the Man City forum they firmly believe in the opposite just complete blinkered analysis on both parts and somewhere in the middle lies the truth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭klose

Definitely missed Jota the most today, he plays and we would have won.

Quansah was class, heart in mouth trying to go around ppl in his own third and losing it but fantastic at everything else.

Really reminds me of Matip going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I genuinely believe they get that if Haaland is kicked in the same way.

Mad, mad decision.

Klopp has perfectly summed up the problem with VAR better than anyone else has in one sentence.

Did anyone feel Mo seemed a bit unwilling to take on his man today? Were a couple of times he had the full back or LCB isolated but went for a cross that wasn't necessarily on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement