Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Would have taken a point before the game given all the players missing but they should have won in the end. That was a really excellent 2nd half performance in particular. Absolutely battered City apart from that one City chance from Doku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m happy enough with the draw .Could have won it or lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Our two title matches at Anfield this season, both ended 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

I know yeah. One of my oldest friends is a city fan and was when they were in division 2 or whatever. I've had so many rows with him on this subject and it beggars belief tbh.

If it's just blinkered analysis go ahead and show me the perfectly legitimate goal that city scored this season that the refs just decided on a whim not to award them for no reason that likely cost them a point if not all 3....go ahead, I'll wait....

Show me all the red cards city players have gotten this season for tackles that are not even given as fouls in games against them....go ahead...

Show me the man city forward who gets fouled constantly for years and years now but gets nothing from refs time and time again, and yet gets labeled a diver somehow, like has happened Mo Salah basically since he got here.....

I'll go get the popcorn ready while you show me all this footage, it's bound to be a long one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,516 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Clearly isn’t fully fit yet, which isn’t surprising. I’d hope to see a better version of him against United next week.

We can afford to have a good crack at them next week with the international break straight after.

Mo was not at the races at all today when he came on unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭McFly85

PGMOL is just an old boys club that’s not fit for purpose for refereeing at the top level. They get calls wrong(which can happen) but then come up with rubbish justification on the fly that has nothing to do with the rules of the game.

They are more interested in backing up their mates than getting the call correct, they bring in new rules but enforce them for a wet week, apart from a couple of instances that end up really standing out. It needs an overhaul, but unfortunately they’re a law unto themselves - and I think refereeing would massively benefit from having a football regulator in place to start holding them to account on training/guidelines/VAR etc. Oh, and stopping the massive conflict of interest of them refereeing in a league associated with the owners of City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Var will cost us the title this season, corruption,these decisions never go against city... Always for city... City players would have ran from everywhere to contest that var decision,and pep, arsenal would do the same... It's disgusting that's what you need to do to get the decision.

Quansah better take Haaland out of his pocket before bed tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Bottom line it’s not in our hands right now. I really would have started believing we might do it despite all the injuries if we won today or that peno call in 99th min today goes our way.

City are looking beatable and not the usual machine at this stage of season they normally are so Arsenal have a real shot at winning that game given the amount momentum and form they are in. theyll be delighted with this result.

There’s something horribly familiar about being in 2nd on GD praying for result elsewhere as it’s never gone our way under Klopp .

What really baffles me is how so many people are convinced that Man City couldn’t possibly be paying off referees, when they’ve used their money to financially cheat in literally every other manner.

I’m not saying that it’s a certainty that it’s happening, just that it’s deemed a ridiculous notion by many when all the logic and evidence points to it being very, very possible, if not likely.

When you have 115 charges standing against you and no punishment in sight, what’s the incentive not to add to that?

It’s late where I am so I’m afraid I won’t be around to answer the inevitable replies calling me “deluded”, “biased” etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

You'll be waiting because it's not corruption or brown envelopes.

They are just useless. From the top, there is a distinct lack of direction and accountablity.

That feeds down, refs defending each other and not wishing to put their chums into any bother.

I don't consider that as corruption or brown envelopes.

Just absolutely useless.

Absolutely 100 percent correct (didn't see this post prior to my own).

I could easily see this being the year we lose it on goal difference.

Leave him there, he’ll shrink in the wash tomorrow.

After today though, for the first time this year I actually think we can win it.

The players are phenomenal. Diaz to keep going as he did after missing those chances. He's not a natural scorer, we all know that but to keep going and not let the head go down is a fantastic trait in a sportsperson.

We have that in abundance.

Kelleher again. What a bloody keeper. The guy is top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

You can't be serious! No one is bribing refs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Arsenal and City can't both get 3 points in the next round of fixtures.

We just need to beat Brighton at home and see where we land.

We'll be top again unless Arsenal beat City away (tho part of me wants Arsenal to win that and, without any disrespect to Arsenal fans, you'd expect them to drop more points in the next 10 than City)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

A little moment of appreciation for Endo, absolutely colossal at DM. Really controlled the game there, and KdeB was a little upset at being hooked early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It looks to me like the ball touches Doku's upraised arm too in that screenshot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭McFly85

It’s just not an idea that I can entertain without concrete evidence - it’s a huge accusation like.

The more obvious issue is PL refs going over to ref in the UAE, where Cities owner heads the main sponsor I think. It create a situation where a ref could hesitate on calls if they feel they get a call wrong that will affect their selection to ref in the UAE, which I’d imagine is a handy payday.

It’s where a football regulator would be really valuable. Right now it’s only up to PGMOL whether they can referee there or not, and Webb has already said they will continue to do so - sure why would they say no to that if nobodies stopping them? A regulated entity though would take the decision out of their hands at least.

Liverpool will have to go out and hammer Sheff Utd get the GD up with Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

What was in our control today - not the referee - but hard to fault anything else.

First half was k ly ok, bit great, but the second one was. With the XI we had out, we did brilliant. Lads here wanted to pull Elliot at the break, he had been good in the first half, was really brilliant in the second. The middle 3 with him helping out absolutely dominated for over a hour, all apart from the first 15 minutes or so. The 2 kids on the RHS at the back more than held their own, and while I'd have been inclined to sub off Lucho after half time, he really carried the fight over the last 35/40 minutes, he was immense, even allowing for his missed chance.

It's 2 points dropped I guess, but there is still 10 games to go and of we don't win the EPL, it won't be because of today. This performance will boost us, but it may also encourage other opponents to be less passive against City and who knows then what will happen.

I said weeks ago, if we came out of today ahead of City in the table we have a great change, and that's where we are now. COME ON REDMEN - LET'S FVCKIN DO THIS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Did you see the defence splitting pass he played that put Diaz in on goal? He would have been lauded as the difference between the teams if Diaz had any composure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

3 of next 4 at home, Brighton, Sheffield, Palace . While Arsenal have 4 of the next 6 away

I've always said it, we won this league in first half of season with our killer away games, but we came through them top of the league.

Right now we just need to concentrate on ourselves and win the easy games and watch the rest fall over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I honestly think if McAllister doesn’t try and turn to the side and allows himself to be kicked full on in the chest, it’s given as a penalty.

so basically you get penalised for trying to avoid being seriously injured.

I'm sure the majority of people thought the refs in Italy were just useless too years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

How many turnovers did Endo get today? He was amazing. Turned the tide of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Just back from the pub so no idea what the general view is but I thought Liverpool were magnificent.

So unfortunate not to win and I think this result is going to be looked back on at the end of the season with some regret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I just can't understand how VAR hasn't told the ref to check the monitor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Of course no one is bribing refs! But we do know that one team has cheated to get to where they are

Maybe maybe not but I am 100% serious when I say we have been reffed highly unfairly all season and had it been more balanced we could easily already have one hand on the title. Just the two non pens against city today and against arsenal alone would account for that, never mind the spurs game and all the rest.

Bribes or no bribes the refs will end up costing us this title.

Yikes. And what would you call that then? Giving handy pay days to refs that you know will be reffing your games. Do you think that's all inoccent or that they know exactly what they are doing by giving these gigs to refs?

Bottled it. No doubt at all if that happened with 20 minutes to play he would have asked the ref to have a look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

You mean Liverpool hacking into the Man City Servers. Caught red handed.

City not proven to have done anything just charged let's wait and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Thought we were excellent today,endo and mac were unbelievable, defence wre top notch also tbf.

I honestly think this lge title is still very much in our hands.

Only slight downside today was how infuriating Diaz can be,the chance he had he has to be scoring in souch a tight game.

Elliott was also excellent today.

Most stressful game of the season so far without doubt, also the crowd went very quiet the last 10 mins which was surprising

• Advertisement

Ikozma in positive mood? What's gone wrong with the world🤣🤣

Diaz was brilliant as an outlet today. His dribbling had City in all sorts of difficulty at times. Never stopped running.

Unfortunately his finishing was terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Well, you do know that their former manager Mancini spent a few days coaching in the UAE for the'love of the game, 'it was in no way a way to pay him under the table and cook the books.

The Emirati have no history of under the counter payments or bribes.

That's very true. That was the pass of the match for me. Apart from that however he was kinda poor in everything he did. Not having a go, the guy is obviously a legend but I think he would say himself he was poor today. Just a shame we didn't get to play this match with Alli, Trent, Konate, Jota and even Jones at all and without a fully fit and firing Salah and Nunez too.

That's not a knock on the lads who played. It was a very good effort from everyone but just that extra bit of class we would have had with all those fit and firing would have been too much for city imo.

When you list out our injuries over the past few months it just goes to show what a legend Klopp is that we are even still in this title race and every other competition. With that injury list we have no right still being in this hunt but we are and that is testament to Klopp and all the players. I do still believe we will ultimately fall short cos I don't believe in fairytales and it would be an absolute fairytale were Klopp to win the title on his way out but just the fact that he is giving us another genuine bash at it before he goes in these conditions playing kids etc is just testament again to the legend of the man...

I'm too young to remember Kenny leaving or any of the legends before him but this is gonna be absolutely devastating when he leaves. Rafa leaving comes closest but nowhere near really as it felt inevitable or whatever but if anything if feels too soon for Klopp to go with the team he is building etc. It is hard to imagine watching Liverpool without him standing on the sidelines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If it can't be a draw, I'm leaning towards wanting an Arsenal win versus City.

City need to be behind heading into the final few games. They'll walk their last few, whereas Arsenal's run-in is the trickiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

I definitely don’t want Arsenal to beat city. We need to Beat Brighton and get praying Arsenal drop points to take back control of the league in our hands again.

Being 2nd separated by GD if Arsenal beat City would be incredibly stressful run.The boost Arsenal get from City would be really set the stage for them for rest of season , the same way winning today would have done for us. I fancy Arsenal to win that game - City are looking 100 percent beatable.

I guess our history of hoping the team above us will drop points despite hitting 90 plus seasons is a big concern not a mind thought of losing the league on GD as we sit. When we are on the wrong side yet again of another VAR Controversy to the benefit of both Arsenal and city taking the league out of hands it’s a horrible way to end the match after a great performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

I wouldn't be worrying about goal difference with 10 games to go,2-3 games can change that significantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Love this. "Hacking"? Total espionage! Like a Mission:Impossible flick!

When, in fact, it was 2 ex-City employees who used their still valid log-in credentials to access the City database. More fool to City's admin staff who were negligent enough not to cancel their accounts once they were no longer employees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Second half performance today was unreal. I do wish we left Darwin on (I’ve a slight concern that Klopp has forgotten Darwin can play wide and doesn’t have to play down the middle) but no complaints otherwise with any LFC player.

People were making all kinds of nonsense excuses for MacAliister early in the season when he was so poor with giving the ball away and getting caught in possession. The truth is he just took a while to settle. But he has been tremendous in 2024. And Endo! What a star! The resurrection of Virgil has been a joy to witness. Back to being the best centre half in the league.

Win 10 in a row and we might just win this league!

Advertisement