Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midleton Very Rare

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The arrogance of that post. Don't tell me what I can and can't do. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

First off, it was clearly tongue in cheek.

Secondly, I didn't "tell" you to do anything. I politely requested that you desist from doing something, as evidenced by the phrase "please don't".

Of course, if you wish to engage in complete and utter twattery, you are perfectly free to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What's a bottle kill ? Is that actually tasting and drinking the product? Or drinking the whole thing..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just draining the last few drops from a decent bottle. I'm hoping to do something similar with a Thomond Gate single malt tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It's what all the old square fogies who refuse to get with the times and use hashtags would have, I believe, referred to as "finishing" a bottle. Maybe they even occasionally would have added some colour to the language and gone with "polished off".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

It was rude and arrogant as evidenced by the full stops and 'ever'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Well, someone is certainly engaging in complete and utter twattery here and it's not the person who was accused of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ah grand. I thought there was some crime committed.

Carry on enjoying your drop .👌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭adaminho

Bottle kills are for newbs! Infinity bottles are where all the cool kids are at!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Get yer pitchforks ready, men. I know a guy who mixes some bottles into his very own homemade blends when they get down low enough. >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It'd take a while to fill that with coins..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I've an infinity bottle.. tbh.. I'm afraid to try it

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MVR2021

2024 in stock if anyone is looking for it

https://jamesfox.ie/products/midleton-very-rare-2024?syclid=1f6d4fc3-a3ef-4546-859d-9d0e769da530&utm_campaign=order-confirmation-email&utm_content=product&utm_medium=email&utm_source=OrderlyEmails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Flying recently, couldn't believe how many bottles on the shelf. Chap mentioned to me, he had more in the back.

They have absolutely killed this, producing so many bottles. I still think it makes a great gift as it's a year dated bottle but outside of that, not sure why anyone would buy a bottle.

I'm not sure they killed it. They merely cashed in on an obsession with buying and collecting this whiskey. They sold loads and perhaps they will release somewhat less going forward, now that the craze has passed. I don't see the problem. I also don't see why IDL would care that people are disappointed that their bottles don't have the value they thought they would have. I think it's the resale market that has been killed, the retail market will be fine, if a bit smaller.

Some years there are more, since years there are less.

Just look at historical prices of bottles, some years are more valuable due to less being produced.

There'll be a short run again at some stage.

But I must agree, people with zero interest in whiskey were buying cases of midleton to flip, and eejits were Q'ing up to buy them.

Have they overpriced mvr, absolutely.

Will I continue to buy it, absolutely.

I have started a collection that's over 20yrs old, (all bought at rrp) and my very small children have collections as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Ronney

Yeah thing the hype has died down. Lots of bottles not selling (probably down to unrealistic reserves) and some going for below retail at last months celtic whiskey auction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Its pretty obvious that the increases in value of MVR over the last few decades wont continue at the same rate for the recent and current years at least not in the Irish resale market. It probably has scope to grow a little internationally as Irish whiskey grows but the increased output and increased purchase price (2021cost me €150) will eat into the resale market margins.

And anyone who thinks the current production levels are going to drop needs to take a drive around midleton / dungourney and see how much whiskey is maturing…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

got an email today that 2024 is back in stock….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭rodge123

It’s regularily been in stock in both supermarkets I’ve been to over the last few months.

Tesco Maynooth, Supervalue Kilcock.

You are aware that it's just not mvr that they produce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

No.
    Thats all they make.

Just MVR.
    The distillery has survived since 1975 by only producing one type of whiskey which they started bottling in 1984.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭JVince

Production capacity of New Midleton distillery is over 90,000,000 standard bottles - 90 MILLION! Most of which is bog standard Jameson

Advertisement