Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic wooden speedboat build , sink, search for, recovery and rebuild.

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Welcome back 😀 hopefully it won't be too much longer before I can put an end to this story 🙄 maybe when she is done I will have her blown up in the next James Bond movie and that will be that, depending on how many pieces she is in 😉😁

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

You need help, not sure what kind of help, deffinetly a screw lose somewhere and it's not the boat.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

At last a bit of dry weather

managed to get her flipped back up and started to clean up the side panels, the black marks are from metal and go deep into the wood "you see this alot around screws or nails" it can't be sanded out but "bar keepers friend " dose a good job of removing it, I just make a paste and put it on for a few minutes then wash it off. Weather back to normal now 🙄

Stained the sides and center board with Grain Guard black ebony then sealed it with WEST SYSTEM Epoxy leveled it off and gave it 3 coats of Epifanes pp vernis extra, I'm not going to varnish it till I'm finished climbing in and out of her but she should be sealed and protected now.

I left a few of the black marks "war wounds"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

@fergal.b , I've run out of hats to take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,054 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

is she going to have a wet backside this year do you reckon?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Only if we have no rain for the rest of the year 😀 I still have another 12 coats of varnish to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Just thought a decade on, it might be a good time to drop this in……

It's turning out to be a bit of a long story alright 😀 some of your babies are starting secondary school and some have been through college.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Daibheid

But one thing we've see consistently over that time is that your track record on getting the job done is 100% and whether it's 2025 or beyond when you recreate this picture isn't what matters.

Advertisement