Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Murt2

I had the same issue with a Solis inverter and a twin Puredrive battery setup on days with intermittent strong sunshine. I raised tickets with both companies, and eventually told my installer what to go do with himself as he hadn't s clue, and was far more concerned with how I was noticing the system was constantly tripping out on a battery overvolt fault..... The issue was the default settings for that battery make stored in the Solis inverter aren't correct. For twin setups, the overvolt is set to 60 Volts default in the inverter, I lowered it to 58.5, I haven't had the issue since.

This may not be your issue, but it's worth trying.

Post edited by Murt2 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Thanks, I don't seem to have access to the voltage settings though, seems to happen through the Bms automatically.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Murt2

No problem. It will be in advanced settings, you'll need a code to access them. The manual online will help. Most battery settings are controlled by the BMS, but undervolted and overvolt can usually be be overridden manually on most inverter models.

You also have a very large installed capacity for one inverter, particularly for just one 5kW inverter. This is likely contributing to the issue, as there will be huge surges in DC string voltage when the sun suddenly peeks out from behind the clouds, which the inverter is likely struggling to deal with. A slow buildup is fine, but to go from very low generation, to full in a slit second.... I would say the combined voltage on those strings could be very close to, or exceed the inverters tolerances. I'd have to read the tech specs to be sure.

Post edited by Murt2 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭SharkMX

My parents house had the same. Issues gone since I change the battery make to LG - even though I have puredrive batteries. Checked and it will have no effect either on the inverter or the battery warranty. Someone had told me before if you dont set the battery on the inverter to the correct make it invalidates your warranty. It doesnt according to both solis and puredrive. They even said that a lot of people have issues when setting the battery type to puredrive anyway.

No, my string voltages are within spec, current too. I only have 5.95kwp dc connected to that inverter.

These are the only battery settings I have on the inverter and I have full access.

I'm growing conscious now that I'm derailing the thread.

☀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I think you should untick the BMS_Error_Stop, can't remember why but I remember seeing it online.

Also in the sunsynk app you can actually set the battery min/max values, think it's 41-60v if I recall, could not find this on the inverter screen anywhere though.

I had that unticked when the faults occurred, I was watching a sunynk video and Keith had it ticked so thought I better too.

☀️

Needed for sunsynk batteries which I assume no one has 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

3.2kW so far from 5.22kWp E/W in West Dublin. Heavy clouds so I'm surprised as I got literally nothing since Friday afternoon until a trickle yesterday afternoon when a bit of less dark grey cloud appeared. Now it's 3.2kW and it's only noon. It's looking to be a grim week but sure we'll see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Yes I thought it was gonna be another write off today. But have 4.5kwh today so far which is a sight better than the last few days. Battery charged back up and 2kwh sold back to the grid.

Edit. Ended up with 7.3kwh in the end. Not the worst for this terrible weather

Post edited by tommythecat on

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

10.4kwh in East Cork. Not bad considering it was drizzling most of the day.

☀️

Not sure where 16.5kwh came from today, probably from a parallel universe if I was to guess since every time I looked outside it was overcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fantana2

10.2kwh in Cork off 6.96kwp system.

6.96kwp South facing

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

9.3kWh today in South Dublin. 6.35kwp East-West array.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

So the quote I have, AFTER the 40% discount, is €4,850; no thanks. I can't imagine there are too many being sold at 100% / full price....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Ended the day with 8.3kWh from 6.5kWp E/W. There was a few short periods of sunshine but for the most part thick clouds. The generation surprised me as for the most part the day looked just as cloudy as the weekend.

5.8kwh in East Cork

☀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭idc

7kWh North Dublin from SE/SW 5.95kWp

4.7kwh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,773 ✭✭✭micks_address

9.3 today.. even if it's mostly a crap day a few bright spells makes a lot of difference

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

7.8 kwh today in South Dublin. 6.35kwp East-West array.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

9.5 kWh today

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Seventy Plus

On the display on my Solis Inverter to the right of the panel it reads

0.33kW

Pardon my ignorance

What exactly does that mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

as con says its what you are generating. its not a lot but it could cover the base load in the house if it remained in and around that level. worst case its at least reducing the amount of power required from the grid. for reference i'm currently drawing just over 800 watts (0.8kW) which ain't great either.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Could you take a picture of your screen and we'll explain it.

Terrible start to the day. Nothing really kicked in until 12.30. Managed 7.5kwh in the end. Not bad considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

Tues 10.92 kWh, Weds 8.21 kWh, Thurs 8.84 kWh

7.8 kwp, South Facing, Meath

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Advertisement

East Cork, tomorrow looks promising

☀️

Advertisement