Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COUNTDOWN TO CHELTENHAM 2024!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

1:30: Slade Steel 5/1

2:10: Quilixios 13/2 e/w

2:50: Meetingofthewaters 5/1

4:10: Love Envoi 16/1 e/w

4:50: An Bradan Feasa 22/1 e/w

5:30: Apple Away 15/2

No bet in the Champion Hurdle for me. I feel State Man will win but hard to back at his price bar multiples etc.

1:30: If Ballyburn’s performance at Leopardstown was one of the standout novice hurdling performances of the season, SLADE STEEL kept him reasonably honest until the end even though the winner showed a great turn of foot to power clear on the run in. But in a fairly open-looking Supreme, I feel he’s there with every chance for Henry De Bromhead and Rachael Blackmore. Mystical Power would be my pick of Willie’s, as I feel he is the most open to progression. 

2:10: Sticking with HDB and Rachael, I feel QUILIXIOS has an each way chance in what is again a very open-looking Arkle. Almost something of a forgotten horse since winning the Triumph here in 2021, his Festival form is a plus coming in here. He could be open to further progress over fences that what he has shown so far for a trainer who has won this race in recent years with Put The Kettle On in 2020. He will need to take a step up in order to win here, though, you feel. 

2:50: Irish trained horses do not have the best record in the Ultima, but I am siding somewhat tentatively with the favourite here more so after having not really seeing anything else at a bigger price I wanted to take him on with.

4:10: Lossiemouth is very hard to knock, and she will be very hard to beat. If the favourite has any issues with the trip – which is one of the only things you can question her on coming in here – I feel LOVE ENVOI could be bang there to pick up the pieces if running anywhere near her gallant second behind Honeysuckle in this race last year. 

4:50: Bright Legend was the horse with a similar profile to Jazzy Matty who won the race last year coming out of the same Naas race, I felt, and I see his price has shortened up today. Milan Tino stood out for me initially, but I am going with a horse that ties in very closely with him in AN BRADAN FEASA – having finished ahead of him over course and distance in November. On the bare form, he seems somewhat over-priced, so I am happy to side with him at a double-figure odds in what’s always a very competitive race. 

5:30: I’m not sure when the last mare to win this race was, if ever, but I am going to take a chance on Lucinda Russell’s novice, APPLE AWAY. She has G1 form over hurdles at the Aintree Festival last year, and having run creditably in G2s this season, she could have a chance if relishing the step up in trip getting the mares’ allowance. Barry O’Neill on board is another positive. 

Good luck all for the week!

Really looking to seeing Hunters Yarn, think he'll run a cracker.

13.30 Mystical Power

14.10 Hunters Yarn

14.50 The Goffer

15.30 State Man

16.10 Lossiemouth

16.50 Batman Girac

17.30 Corbett's Cross

Hunters Yarn, State Man, Lossiemouth, Corbett's Cross - 45/1 accum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Onlymatteroftime

Great shout on Bradan Feasa ..going into the lucky 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

1.30 Mistergif ew 11/1 mystical power win 7/2

2.50 The Goffer 13/2

5.30 Corbetts cross 9/4

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dickdasr1234

Passing rain at Cheltenham this morning, big doubts in the camp about Lossiemouth getting home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Stateman boosted to evens on bet 365 I was able to get 20 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭thelostboys23

13.30 Fire Fox

14.10 Quilixios

14.50 Victorrino

15.30 State Man

16.10 Lossiemouth

16.50 Bright Legend

17.30 Salvador Ziggy

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Onlymatteroftime

1:30: Slade Steel 5/1:

210: Found a fifty 7/1 e/w

2:50: Stumptown 10/1 e/w

3:30 State Man 

4:10: Love Envoi 16/1 e/w

4:50: An Bradan Feasa 25/1 e/w

5:30: Kilbeg King 12/1 e/w

Best of luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Todays darts

13:30 Jeriko Du Reponet

14.10 Quilixios

14:50 Strumptown

16:50 Ndaawi

Win Yankee

E/W double 16:10 Echoes of Rain & 16:50 An Bradan Feasa

Best of luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭muloc

1:30: Firefox

2:10: Quilixios e/w

4:10: Love Envoi e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭oppiuy

EW Luck 15

1.30: Mistergif

2.10: My Mate Mozzie

2.50: Stumptown

4.50: Nara

Double

Meetofthewtaers & Liari

Single on Iberico Lord in the 3.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

“If you want to win a champion hurdle you have to turn up, and we turned up”

good man willie mullins

Did your winnings land in your account yet?

It's showing settled bet for me but haven't received winnings...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Think there is going to be folk who think because C Hill wasn't in the race that it takes away from the winner ,Willie was spot on to throw it back to Chapman .C Hill is a great horse but he wasn't in the race so of course couldn't win it this year .

• Advertisement

They did yes had him in a double with lossiemouth ( sorry after timing) and that's been paid too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

You can actually see Nicky Henderson cringe whenever that twat Chapman approaches with a microphone!

I couldn't believe he brought up Constitutional Hill again after how the first interview went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Definitely a favourites’ day! Best horses in the races tended to win in Gaelic Warrior, Lossiemouth, State Man and Corbetts Cross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

State of them clowns bringing up constitution hill not once but twice in the interview, fair play to willie he handled it brilliantly.

In saying that I've always felt winning a champion hurdle when it's clear there is a better horse out there just isn't the same but as willie said you have to turn up to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭flos1964

Henderson ran 6 horses today, 5 pulled up, of his last 30 runners 16 pulled up...Sir Gino ???????

Post edited by flos1964 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Panrich

I have gone for Brazil in The Coral Cup. Looks to be fairly treated and his handicap rating has been well minded in the past 12 months. I'm a little bit worried about the ground but he's surely been laid out for this and a past festival winner.

I'm already on Path Doroux for the Grand Annual and have added Solness of Joseph O'Brien. A few bits and pieces in other races. I have Ballyburn in a single antepost and in an accumulator with El Fabiolo. Fact to File and Montys Star also antepost so will leave these races alone.

1.30 handstands

2.50 jigoro and zanndabad

4.50 triple trade and sa fureur

5.30 you oughta know and fleur au fusil

All E/w

Ballyburn/ el fabiolo double

Hoping 365 will super boost either of those this morning will have max bet on either if they do

Zanndabad out so going Brazil instead

Post edited by NATLOR on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭MacDanger

After slade steel winning yesterday you would think ballyburn is a penalty kick ( famous last words 😁)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gary_dunne

13:30 Ballyburn

14:10 Stay Away Fay

15:30 El Fabiolo

E/W Treble doesn't seem a bad shout. Tempted to throw in Saint Roi in the 16:50 to boost the odds.

Heading there tomorrow. I'm told the course is in shyte so should be a good day for the Mudlarks !

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

You'll only be getting pennies on the dollar each way part. Not worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Just looking at Fridays Dec's and Mighty Bandit is declared for the Triumph and is currently 66/1 with PP. Form received a huge boost yesterday in the Boodles when Lark in the Morning won as MB had him 9 1/1L behind on debut.

Worth a nibble surely at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gary_dunne

8/1 w/o Sant Roi, not bad value to me. Not in it to make big money just enjoy the racing more with a stake on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

What I mean is the each way part isn't worth the money

Ballyburn some machine

El Fabiolo saved the bookies a fortune there. Hopefully he's alright.

Mad merrigan is trying to make out something hooky took place there! That fella is heading for some more slaps the way he's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Nicky Henderson is more brandy than man at this stage.

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jamieon

Advertisement