Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Tony does not seem to fire people to much he usually lets the contracts run out and not renew. I’d speculate there is more to that firing than a Xwitter spat/meltdown.

Shame really Kevin is a good commentator but just didn’t seem to find his feet in AEW/ROH

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Scapegoat Jack Perry giving some great promos in Japan’s and sucking up to the EVP’s.

Jack to return and replace Hangman in the Elite would be great.

It really looks like Nigel vs. Bryan is going to happen at All In.

That has me going back over for All In this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm looking forward to Bryan vs. Will more

Nice to see Edge going for Darby look as a show of respect for him hitting the glass ceiling but on the floor 😁

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

What's in the spike box...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

This is probably my favourite version of TYB we've had. Love the corporate slimeball personas, their new theme (smack of Succession off it) and entrance is excellent. It just works so well, TYB can be a bit annoying even as faces with their smugness but they can totally lean into that here and it works well. Also loved them tossing the coin to almost "summon" Okada.

Love Okada's presentation so far and him being part of the "New" Elite after kicking out Hangman and Kenny is awesome. Definitely seems like a seed for Omega/Okada again down the line, which is exciting, assuming Kenny is healthy enough. Gonna be curious to see what his first feud is and when they start mixing him into the title picture. Pac as a first feud would be awesome, especially for Pac but not sure if they just want that to set up the six man.

Well sad to see the reason why Miro & CJ haven’t been on TV much

Fans always forget talent are human and have personal life’s outside of their job of entertaining fans.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

Miro had already subtweeted about being frustrated for not being used, so not sure that's the whole reason.

Not sure it's a question of fans forgetting personal lives or anything. Obviously CJ had an infection in her finger that was serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Why is Kevin Kelly gone?

Decent offer from Fite for the next three PPV’s

• Advertisement

I'm so happy Sting had such a brilliant run in AEW. He went out on such a high and it will always amaze me how a nearly 65 year can still perform like he does.

Man he's going to be so missed

With Darby Allin climbing Mount Everest, is there going to be a film crew? You think they would document this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Do we reckon Mercedes opens or closes the show? I might watch the start of it but I'm up early in the morning and I need my sleep or I'm no use!

Could see her opening the show same way Punk did, everyone knows she's gonna be there and they might be better off giving the crowd what they want straight off.

Alternatively I could see her coming out to confront Willow Nightingale after her match, Willow beat her for the NJPW Strong championship in the match she was injured in. Could be an easy first feud without putting her immediately into the title picture.

I doubt a film crew would be with him, however I’d say he will film it himself while on it.

Then again it might just be a deeply personal thing he wants to do for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who is her first feud gonna be? Saraya?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Deeb? Although her vs Britt would be decent too. Either way I hope they give her some decent feuds before moving to win the womens title and not rush into it.

The new president of Stardom is there tonight.

Well Mercedes opens the show.

Wow this Boston crowd are red hot for Mercedes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heel bitch Okada is great

Damn I love Okada's drop kick

Just a thing of beauty

Surprised they're doing Okada vs Eddie next week and not at dynasty

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've not really seen much of him before, cause I don't really follow the Japanese stuff.

But, man oh man, I love his heel stuff at the moment. He's just got this smooth heelish nature, but is so cool. Really love him.

What a roster AEW have

Man oh man so many dream matches down the line for me

Wish Jericho would f off for awhile, no need to have him on regular TV anymore with the roster they have, don't be surprised if he loses next week and we get yet another heel turn where Hook is stuck with him for months.

As mentioned they have a stacked roster atm and thats excluding people injured like mjf,cole, Hayter etc. I think they should rotate where you don't see them on each show every week, for example you could have the elite on dynamite this week but only collision the following so can give other stories/wrestlers a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Mercedes came off as a proper star, albeit that "CEO" music could get very annoying very quickly. Looking forward to seeing her in the ring.

Love that it feels like Ospreay is going to drop an F bomb in every promo and he is doing his best not to.

By god is he over with the US fans he has them eating out of he plam of his hand in every promo Bruv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Mercedes got a great reaction from the home crowd but the promo was a bit of a snooze 😴 not exactly selling her boss/CEO status

She'll be back to WWE in 2 years

Advertisement