Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunsynk (DEYE) Hybrid Inverters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭hexosan

My Sunsynk app updated this morning with a new power flow graphic and shortly after it disappeared and has remained blank all day. Anyone else have similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,612 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭irishchris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Sunsynk are on a roll, my inverter had a small issue so I requested a firmware update. Since the update, I'm getting multiple overcurrent faults and my batteries only charge at 4.5kw from the grid now.

☀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭AmpMan

I've been reading up on these inverters.

Have people here gone to the hassle of splitting their consumer unit into two sections for the battery back up ?

What happens if the inverter dies ? you'd have to bypass it to get your critical load circuits back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

The better way of doing this is to have a changeover switch which moves all of your circuits between grid and inverter, that way you just leave it on grid mode for any inverter servicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Experimenting with dumping some excess from batteries for about an hour before nightly grid charging from 2am-6am, with a 5kW Deye, but have noticed something odd.

When I set working mode to "Selling first", inverter dumps from battery up to Max sell power. During this, the "house load" on the inverter drops to near 0 (which obviously, isn't accurate). After a while (about 15 mins in the example attached), export stops, and the load power as seen by the inverter sticks at 0. An automation switches the mode back to its usual Zero export to CT at 2am and meter readings return to normal.

Anyone seen something similar? Unsure if its the meter or a setting. Using a 120CT which works great other than this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

What is your schedule setup like?

Also is it hitting a set SoC after 15 minutes?

I don’t think so. Timers settings:

I suppose I’m wondering what behaviours other see when “selling first”

Did you check your inverter's idea of SOC? Any inverter / BMS typically gets this completely wrong a lot of the time. In your case your inverter might well think the SOC dropped under 10%, so it will stop exporting. Here is my own SOC according to Sunsynk (22%) and based on voltage fed by my own table (76%), the latter is correct

Obviously I do not let my Sunsynk make any decisions based on what it (completely wrongly) reckons the SOC is. My Sunsynk is set to voltage (as in the lead acid settings), then any automation I have is based on my own calcultation of SOC (correct) based on voltage

• Advertisement

Yeah, Inverter + pack’s actual BMS SOCs are the same, so perhaps not that. Lifepo packs.

i must take a look to see what the Easton meter says while dumping. If it helps any, general solar excess has worked fine without any weirdness around load numbers for the “house” load.

The same just means your pack and inverter communicate and your pack (well to be precise: your BMS) tells the inverter what the SOC is. Most likely wrong 😂

Do yourself a favour and check again this evening and note what your BMS reckons the SOC is when it suddenly stops exporting again. If indeed less than 10%, then switch to voltage settings and check again the next evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

You're looking at the wrong value in solar assistant I saw the same thing at the start.

Change grid connection to CT clamp installed instead of the default value and this will also display the correct numbers on any of the SA dashboards

You should already have the correct value (with CT) in HA:

Nice one, that seems to have been it. I’ll see if I see battery dumping stop at any point now too..

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭oaklands

Just got a new Sunsynk ECCO 5kW with 15kWh DIY battery+JK Inverter BMS operational over the last couple of days. The main remaining task for me is to automate exporting battery remaining amp hours to grid late at night. Next step is to integrate with HA, which might help with that.

So this now seems to be the norm for me (except 2->5AM when battery is being charged)

The other interesting thing is the following (even at low power)

Its easy to see the constant 15kHz for the inverter @ ~50dB. Ambient was ~30dB when Inverter was turned off. Fortunately, it is in the garage & I cannot hear anything, but OH says it is annoying for her. However garage also has washing machine, dryer, fridge, water pumps etc.

Other things of note:

• difficult to get full 120A charge at night seems to be closer to 83A. I will double check settings later after HA integration.
    • Inverter Temperatures seem to max out at 75 degC for DC & 67 degC for AC during overnight charging.
    • I have just the Inverter & battery (no solar)
    • Bord Gais stats are reporting no details available for many periods during the day. Presumably, they have error checking algorithms looking for bad records from ESBN???. Interestingly, they appear to apply a €0.02 charge in some cases as a min charge. I expect this will be cleared up later once they figure out that it is not an error.
    • ESBN also seem to have stopped reporting since the battery came online.
    • JK Inverter BMS is connected via CAN to Inverter (protocol 0)
    • RS485 ready to connect to HA via DIY cat6 cable (with CAN/RS485 wires split)
    • Currently happy with set-up.

Thanks to all here on Boards.ie for all the useful tips etc.

forgot to post this above

The later versions of the deye has a low noise mode, the function of that is to change the frequency/coil whine. Not fan noise.

I can hear it, but it's not in the house so no big deal for me.

As for charge speeds, what is the charge voltage set at?

The later firmware update on the Sunsynk 8.8kW also included the low noise mode. As you say not silent, far from it. But a lot quieter than it was before.

Just activated low noise (under battery settings). Noise has now shifted to 20kHz.

OH cannot hear it, 30 year old son can still hear it (says it is slightly different). So now not really an issue for us.

Thanks for the tip. I will chase down the charging issues later once I have HA set up.

PS: The inverter alarm went off as I made this change. Not sure if it is related to this and/or because I had a 7kW+ load running at the same time. Just restarted the Inverter and it cleared the alarm.

Based on the log it seems the change caused it.

18:17:07 Grid_Mode_changed

What voltage is your pack at while it's charging?

Your inverter can only charge at 5kw from the grid.

This translates to about 90 amps dc from the grid with my battery. I've seen 125 amps dc from the panels.

☀️

• Advertisement

Below are a set of charts from the Inverter perspective, showing the charge cycle from 2 to 5 AM.

As I have only just started I might have to do a full top balance and wait a few cycles before the BMS characterises the Battery capacity properly.

Battery Voltage (peaked at 55.7V)

Battery Current (Max charge current 86.7 A)

Battery SoC (Peaked at 100%)

Battery Power (~4.7kW)

That does seem low. Mine charges at 5.5kw to the battery 5kw from the grid.

What firmware version are you on. They updated mine last week and I couldn't get anymore than 4.8kw dc to the battery. I got them to roll back to the previous version and all was good again.

☀️

55.7 is a bit low for high power charging, Id try 56.5 or even 57.

Version info is SW Ver.: M 3.3.8.5 / S 1.5.1.5 / C E.4.3.6

I will go over the settings again tomorrow....just getting HA dashboard going after some initial config challenges with the Sunsynk add on.

@graememk Where is the voltage of 56.6 or 57 to be set? Inverter or BMS?

That looks like the latest firmware and the one that was a problem for me. They rolled me back to 3.3.8.4 and I got back to the expected charging rate after that.

☀️

@allinthehead Good to know....not a big issues for me at present as the battery is more than our daily consumption at present. But I will keep an eye out for an update.

Inverter, it could be a per cell setting I'm not totally sure

Does anybody know if the Eastron 230 meters have any adjustment in them? In other words, I'd like to bias it in favour of a slight export.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭jasgrif11

I had one and I couldn’t find any such setting. I have since reverted back to the CT with one leg connect to ground and I’m always exporting about 40w.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭championc

Thanks to graememk, I grounded my CT clamp and since, have a constant export of a few 100's watts all day, every day.

Obviously, it's not the Eastron route that you are on, but I thought that it was worth mentioning while on the subject

Advertisement