Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 4 in 1 CORDLESS multi tool

Options
  • 30-05-2019 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking to get myself a pole saw after belatedly realising my petrol brushcutter is the wrong gauge for the pole saw attachment (only available on the light gauge strimmer).

Few diseased trees in the garden so plan on using it to take out the top branches before felling the trees. Lot of other trees that will be pruned as well so it will see a fair bit of usage the next couple of years.
    Saw decent reviews on the lidl petrol version of this but a bit concerned with power on the cordless version due out next week.

Already have a powerful petrol strimmer/brushcutter, as well as a decent enough hedge cutter so only reason I want it is for the pole saw.

Anyone any experience with this, is it worth a punt? https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=19871

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

They've sold a petrol version of this every summer the last few years for cq. €150

Woodies also have this on sale:
    https://www.woodies.ie/lawn-garden/garden-powertools/grass-brushcutters/procut-plus-4-piece-loop-handle-33cc-multi-garden-tool-1133974

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Big Nasty wrote: »
    They've sold a petrol version of this every summer the last few years for cq. €150

Woodies also have this on sale:
    https://www.woodies.ie/lawn-garden/garden-powertools/grass-brushcutters/procut-plus-4-piece-loop-handle-33cc-multi-garden-tool-1133974

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yeah I know Lidl do the petrol ones from time to time, think I may have missed it this year though.

Took a look at the woodies one, couldn't find any reviews. To be honest though if I'm buying cheap I'd normally stick to Lidl or Aldi as the build quality for the amount you're paying tends to be decent enough. Plus they've got a 3 year warranty.

Just not sure how a cordless would stack up against the corded. Pretty substantial garden with a lot of trees around the place so might be better waiting til a petrol model comes back on the market...,that or break the piggy bank and get a husqvarna or similar

Cheers

Woodies one is fine. Have it myself.

Lighter and quieter than the Lidl one.

Do you use the polesaw much? No details on the site re cut size. Only thing I'd be using really.

DamoKen wrote: »
    Do you use the polesaw much? No details on the site re cut size. Only thing I'd be using really.

3 / 4 inches max.

• Advertisement

Cheers, that's a bit on the small side for what I'd need long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone get this yesterday?!

Hi Pacifico, haven't picked it up yet. Still in two minds whether long term the battery option would work for me. Going to do down to the local one tomorrow if I get the chance and see if the max cutting specs for the polesaw are on the box and make a decision from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

DamoKen wrote: »
    Hi Pacifico, haven't picked it up yet. Still in two minds whether long term the battery option would work for me. Going to do down to the local one tomorrow if I get the chance and see if the max cutting specs for the polesaw are on the box and make a decision from there.

Yeah in two mins myself... battery is appealing but not sure the power is there

Hi Pacifico, took the plunge and bought the cordless yesterday. Initial report is favourable, didn't seem to be any issue with power. Just rested the blade on the top of the branch to be cut, pulled the trigger and let gravity do the rest. Didn't need to apply any pressure.

It stopped a couple of times, possibly binding and to prevent motor burn out? Not a problem though, restarted by releasing and depressing the trigger each time.

Not sure of the battery life yet as I used the charge it came with which normally wouldn't be full charge. Even with that lasted around half an hour or so of continuous cutting fairly thick cedar branches around 6-8cm in diameter cut to stove size in situ, i.e. started cutting at the ends while still attached to the trunk working my way in.

Put the batteries on the charger and were fully charged when I checked on them within an hour.

Next test will be to see how long fully charged batteries will last. I'll try that before the end of the week. If they last a reasonable amount of time test I'll try and source spare batteries. So far happy enough though, I'll also test the hedge cutters by next weekend. Could be handy for the tops of hedges I normally need a step ladder to reach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smaktardis

Would love to know how you are getting on with this cordless multitool. Its on sale again this week. Its 40V so requires 2x20V batteries.

Is each tool OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭blackbox

I have an Aldi petrol one and it cuts way bigger branches than that. At least 6 inches and maybe more. It has a 10 inch bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sorry for the old bump but does anyone know if Lidl still does this cordless tool or if it has been in recently? I know the petrol one is there right now but the battery powered one would suit me much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Dont forget to check screwfix and their reviews.

All I see is this Einhell but its €400 with less battery power. The Lidl Parkside version, which is made by the same company in the same factory apparently usually goes for ~€200 and will have a 3 year warranty.

Einhell GE-LM 36/4in1 Li-Solo 36V Li-Ion Power X-Change Brushless Cordless Multi Tool - Bare - Screwfix

Can anyone remember seeing the Parkside version in Lidl any time recently? They seem to come around every 2 years from what I can Google, really want one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Redlim

I bought one a few years ago and I'm almost certain it was closer to summer time when it was being sold. Think it was similar in subsequent years as I was keeping an eye out for family.

Yep, very happy with it. Mainly use the strimmers attachment around the edges of the lawn. Have also used each of the other attachments a bit - all for relatively light work around the garden but it's more than capable for my needs.

Obviously it wouldn't really be suitable for prolonged use like a full day of strimming as you've to stop to charge. If you have extra pairs of batteries though you'll be able to charge one pair while using the other. Be sure to get the double charger as it needs both batteries to run.

Excellent thanks for that, hoping one appears now but I can get by with what I have until then.

Just a heads up that it's back in on the 28th. You'll have to buy the batteries and the charger separately. I'd recommend getting the bigger batteries unless you have a small area to cover. If you've a bigger area then it'd be no harm getting 4 batteries so one pair can be charging while the other pair is in use.

• Advertisement

Ah excellent, thanks for the heads up, Im going to go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 noddy1909

did you get it? Is it any good? Need one for some light work, small garden

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

I got the petrol one but I haven't put it fully together yet. The instructions are a complete nightmare tbh. What oil do you need to put in the little bottle beside the chainsaw?

I regret buying the petrol one, I didn't know there was a battery powered one. It would have done me just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pacman114

Have had the electric 4 in 1 from Lidl for a good few years now…it's excellent. Mainly just use the hedge trimmer and strimmer but it has held up and the original batteries are still fine

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ULMarc

You'd have to put the oil in that tank on the battery one too as it's for lubricating the chain bar.

Something like this. But you find it in any co-op too.

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/no-nonsense-hp-146-chainsaw-oil-1ltr/27933

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

Thanks for the link.

Yeah, I knew I would need the oil regardless.

What I meant about the petrol v battery is that for me plugging a battery in is much easier than getting a jerry can of petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Lol no after all that I chickened out when I saw the size and weight of it in the shop and a couple of Youtube videos, I grabbed a battery powered strimmer and hedge cutter instead and a 4ah battery, very happy with both and they're so light and clean I can leave them hanging in my utility room and just grab and go when I see something that needs whacking in the garden. This is the best system for me and I can add more tools from the range as I need them, I only need a chainsaw once a year or less so can just borrow the auld lads one.

A couple of people at work got them and are very happy with them though.

Advertisement