Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Talisman

It'll be interesting to see what position he will play in when he does return. Having missed almost a whole year, it's hard to see him displacing anyone in the line-up when everyone is fit.

At under age level for Spain he has been a defender and his cameo appearances for the first team earlier this season were at right back. Given the emergence of Bradley and Quansah in particular, he could find himself in the role of utility player to fill for midfield or defensive absentees for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

What actually happened to Bajcetic?

They have been minding his injury for months I now forget?

Full team tomorrow(what's available) and hopefully we have a few ready for return in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,548 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

More work going on behind the scenes, though doesn't look like it'll actually be LFC related...

Bajcetic suffered a back injury at underage level in 2022 and it wasn't fully healed when he returned to training. He moved up to the first team squad and the pains he was experiencing in his thigh were thought to be a combination of him still growing and his body adapting to the increased intensity of the training level. Through a combination of the way he was moving in response to the back injury, the training intensity and the fact that his body was still developing his femur bone was damaged. In March last year he got injured. Initially it was thought that it was an abductor muscle injury but subsequent tests showed that the femur was stressed.

Everything looked good when he returned to training last summer and the medical team took the decision that it was best to ease him back into the squad. In September, the pain returned and the femur became inflamed. If the condition wasn't treated properly the miniscule cracks in the bone would lead to stress fractures and possibly end his career. He has been wrapped in cotton wool and every step of his recovery closely monitored since. The medical staff haven't been willing to sign off on his return to first team training until they are certain that he is fully recovered and that it's not going to flare up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I'm hoping we don't meet Leverkusen too, firstly they are probably the best opposition left in the competition, but, also especially if Alonso is coming to us, as it would place him in a difficult position he could do without before joining us. While it's unlikely to be announced before the final if both get there, both clubs would know what's going to happen. On the other hand if Alonso is going to Bayern, it might already be announced, so won't matter. Ideally we avoid them if we reach the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Anyone have any insight as to when the Europa final ballot will open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hopefully they don't do one and just allocate more to the clubs. Silly to have a general ballot sale before final is known.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ballyargus

They won't do that. It's not their way.

I'd enter anyway. We have a great chance of going to the final, even if we don't, I'd still go anyway, regardless of who was playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Hard to see much of a role for Bajetic unless we are in an injury crisis tbh.

Endo, Mac, Sobo.... Grav, Jones, Elliott... even allowing for Thiago permanent injured/sold.

Quoting myself 😋

Last year, the ballot for final tickets opened the day of the QF second legs for one week

13k tickets out of 40k went to the ballot (10k to each club), if they keep the ratios the same it would mean about 16k in the ballot this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭dzer2

If you are registered will you get a notification

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yeah me too. I went in 2011 to the Porto v Braga final at the Aviva

I expect though the ballot will be impossible and the tickets will just end up on resale sites anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

How or where do you register, on the UEFA site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

No details at all on the UEFA site. I set up an account on it thinking it would maybe then provide some info but nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Was just about to ask the same thing. Seem to be going around in circles on the website.

Was just about to ask the same thing. Seem to be going around in circles on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Steviemak7

Off topic for the game later but somebody mentioned Naby Keita the other day to me. So I checked how he is getting on in Weder Bremen. He's played 84 mins this season in all comps. I know he's irrelevant to us now but I just thought it was interesting.

I'll leave it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Thud

it's good to see these small teams getting a FA cup run, hopefully the gate receipts from playing us will help them out a bit

Fair play to Bremen on taking a chance there, but they're probably regretting it now. It's sad how some bodies just never seem to recover properly from injuries. No doubt there's a good player in there, but I can't imagine anyone seeing much of him again

Edit: just looked myself and he's been on the bench plenty, which suggests it's not just injuries keeping him off the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Always hate playing United, especially when no one is giving them a chance. I know we've generally had the upper hand in the last few years, but, I think there have been plenty matches against them too that we haven't performed in; the match before Christmas and last year at Old Trafford come to mind. They also knocked us out a few years ago when we were in the middle of that terrible run at the start of 2021. I'd be happy with a scrappy 0-1 win and no injuries. We have the chance to win at Old Trafford twice in one season over the space of a few weeks, the league match is obviously more important, but, would love to win both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Game will suit us today more than the last one at anfield. Cup game, so will be expected to attack us. Get a goal early they will crumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

United are playing at home, have rebuilt some pride and will be expected to attack us and not sit back. Hoping for a good game today, but fear it'll be over by half time. They don't have the collective football intelligence as a team to handle us today, and our threat on the counter will be their un doing. Feels like a free hit with our involvement in league and Europe too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,422 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bruno will be playing today so that definitely means we'll have more opportunities than the 0-0 game earlier in the year. Yes he may create something going the other way but he'll leave tonnes of space for us to attack with his lack of positional awareness/responsibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I am shockingly calm about this game. Not in a smash them 8-0 way, more a que sera sera way.

This will almost certainly change 4 seconds before kick off though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Damien360

Exactly. He may be the main creator for Utd but he is also their main disruptor of the team dynamic. When he gives up and starts moaning, they fall apart. He should never have been their captain. Harry for all his failings just doesn't give up.

They sat back and held us in the last game, did the same against City before finally tiring out. It will be a similar unless Bruno decides to do a solo run and they will be torn apart.

Team is in. Quansah starts. Bradley misses out but Gravenbach on the bench.

No Casermiro for United. Should be well able to win the midfield battle today seeing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hate when they list the line up numerically

• 62 Kelleher
    • 2 Gomez
    • 78 Quansah
    • 4 van Dijk
    • 26 Robertson
    • 10 Mac Allister
    • 3 Endo
    • 8 Szoboszlai
    • 11 Salah
    • 9 Núñez
    • 7 Díaz

Substitutes

• 13 Adrián
    • 18 Gakpo
    • 19 Elliott
    • 21 Tsimikas
    • 38 Gravenberch
    • 42 Clark
    • 53 McConnell
    • 76 Danns
    • 84 Bradley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,516 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Still missing Trent, Jota, Alisson and Konate and yet we have a strong looking eleven and four really good options on the bench.

The squad depth is seriously impressive, and the likes of Bradley, Elliott and Kelleher making huge progress this season is a big part of that.

I think we’ll win this convincingly, but even if United do pull off the upset, I honestly won’t be too bothered about it. We have bigger fish to fry than another domestic cup, although it would be nice to win it as it would be our last game of the season and potentially the perfect send off for Klopp in Anfield South.

• Advertisement

Good to see Souness back debating with Keane, woke Sky kicked him to the curb because he said a game between men, was a proper mans game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Lets.

Do.

This.

This won't be easy, Kelleher getting a lot of praise of late......................because we're giving away a lot of chances for him to save .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fine save from Kelleher.

• Advertisement

Great save !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was coming here to say come on red men but come on you white and greens

Kelleher looks the real deal .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nunez can find a pass to Salah with his eyes closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They just completely lost Garnacho there, terrible awareness

I thought Rashford was offside there from the quick free kick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Could of been ahead now behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Been half asleep since the start of the game. Not really tracking runners or anything. Got away with a couple before the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Been a very fast start to the game, a bit wild. Shame to go behind, but as it calms I’d expect us to take control and start dominating chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,516 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They’re far more up for this than we are.

United were always going to start fast in Old Trafford.

• Advertisement
Advertisement