Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭queueeye

If I was fleeing a war where my life was in danger I’d consider cleaning up a dirty cubicle in a country that offered me refuge and safety to be a price well worth paying.

However if I was chancing my arm as Georgian, Albanian, Nigerian etc my nose may be out of joint!

The entitlement is off the charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

Again not our problem. They are all fleeing war or persecution right or at least that's the narrative, so they should be grateful for the shelter and toilet/shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,131 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hahaha this hasnt turned out well for you has it?

15 toilets...

Are you sure that's not your toilet in the twitter link as your posts spew enough **** to overflow the toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

It beggars belief that people coming from safe places and countries can simply use the "I'm fleeing war and persecution" spiel, and just get to come here no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No one with a quarter of a braincell can genuinely try to moan about overcrowding WHILE campaigning to increase the overcrowding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Probably read Roddys leaflets about own door accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Poster been proven to spread misinformation many times. Always get good laugh from their nonsensical posts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I want a zero refugee policy but I don't expect them keeping one toilet clean. If I had to use that I'd be like a **** hovercraft taking a dump there. Place must be disease riddled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭SteM

There are 15 toilets on site according to reports.

Mount Street was disease riddled, that's for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ultimately it comes down to this..

No one is forcing these people to stay here and live in conditions they aren't happy with.

They're not prisoners. They're free to leave Ireland again at any point and try their luck elsewhere or go home.

It's really that simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Can always see what other European countries are offering. Probably nothing. Definitely not own door accommodation in 4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Extraordinary to hear that some of the lads who left Crooksling apparently said it was too remote and not to their liking. Prime area for living, you wouldn't be buying there for much less than a million. Just up from Tallaght, lovely countryside, No 65 bus passing the gate fairly often. Frankly I and many others would love to be able to reside in that area. Next time, bus them to a camp in rural Roscommon, take all phones off them so no Google maps and see how far they get.

Anyone know who gave them tents and sleeping bags when they rocked back up at Mount Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭sonar44

I suppose we could spend a few million upgrading Crooksling so the far left agitators could revise their offensive and brand it an "internment camp" like the good old days with direct provision. Maybe look for a state apology for it too.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/minister-refuses-to-rule-out-state-apology-for-residents-of-direct-provision-1087933.html

It's just a discussion. Something more important is bound to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Anyone here send "tips" to some foreign media outlets about asylum seekers being bussed up the Dublin mountains like a Fr. Ted episode and their camps demolished to make the place look nice and tidy for the tourists?

I've looked and no foreign media outlets seem to have it. Would be a pretty "shocking story" to get out internationally.

I mean Leo, Micheal and poor Rodders. They are all telling us how kind and tolerant we all need to be and need to provide sanctuary, until it doesn't suit and they feck poor innocent people fleeing persecution into the middle of nowhere. Even poor Rodney was out this evening stating expressly it had nothing to do with St. Patrick's Day

Their poor little egos would be shook with the mask having slipped on just how much they "care"

What outlets/journalists would be interested? Would it be more a thing to use X for rather than those email a tip addresses?

Any of them would be worth it no matter their persuasion. Daily Mail, Guardian, BBC, Telegraph, anything to get it some traction

Next time bus them to the airport and put them on a plane to wherever they arrived from.

Let them see how far they get with that attitude elsewhere in Europe seeing as most if not all of them have "fled" safe countries like the UK, France and others to get here in the first place.

As I said before, these aren't genuine refugees. A genuine refugee would be happy to just be away from the war or persecution/life-threatening situation they were fleeing. This lot are economic migrants with a massive entitlement complex and who have the hand out expecting freebies and their "preferences" to be met.

Pandering to them as the misguided volunteers and supporters are is only encouraging their entitlement attitude. They aren't appreciative of the safe haven they've been given, nor the charity and work of those on the streets trying to help them. They just see us as a cash cow - one they intend to milk dry and which is being facilitated by this nonsense idea of being obligated to them, or some sort of (White) first-world guilt complex that some seem to be suffering from.

They see us as fools to be exploited. The last 24 hours are proof of it. Whining about locations and the weather and heading back to town for their 15 minutes of media coverage to push their "woe is me" narratives.

More fool us though for allowing it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭patnor1011

1 toilet/shower for everyone. Make Ireland great again.

(I would argue that toilet/shower in question was installed spotless clean. What we see in picture is how entitlement works. Nobody is cleaning after himself and now we will have to find someone who will do it instead of them? That picture is worth thousand words - that is how every toilet/shower most likely look like out of 15 installed there)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Can we stop discussing moderation on thread please, if you have a problem with it, please take it to feedback or helpdesk, don't drag the thread off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The actions of the **** stirrers and enablers from the NGO's and PPP needs to be looked at. It just not right that these groups are funded by the taxpayer, yet work against their best interests.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Another one to add to this list...

A Zimbabwean asylum seeker Kelvin Kudgenga (35) charged with the assault-causing harm of his fellow asylum seeker Carrolle Sarah Nadege Batiglag who’s from Cameroon. Batiglag suspected Kudgenga of having an affair with another woman in the centre, and when she asked him he about it he lost the plot, causing a scene at the Asylum Centre where they were all housed in Sligo.

Why is Kelvin Kudgenga here? He attended a political protest in Zimbabwe and had to flee and seek asylum here, 'fearing his life'. Judge Keenan Johnson said the only reason Kudgenga was not going to prison was because the effects it would have on his asylum application. His application should be denied and he should be deported. Commit a crime during application review period your gone!!! Also, all they did was move him to another asylum centre

Another ridiculous sentence from our broken Justice system, but more than that - why is it that this individual has been pandered to in this manner? Because his application might be affected? Tough! He should be deported immediately as you rightly say. He's proven himself a danger to others yet he gets away with it?

What kind of message does that send to him or anyone else? Also, had this been the case of an Irish native/citizen then they would have faced prision (by the judge's own admission, it's only the defendant's status that spared him from that), so again... why??

It's bad enough we're being treated like fools by all this, but we're also being treated as second-class in our own country as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The place has been under 24/7 protest for a few months now including an arson attack , so I doubt the place is in great nick

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I am enjoying the dublin mountains stranded story, its 3 miles from jobstown and is served by the 65 bus :)

If the Waterford whisperers weren't generic open border session lads: 'Mountaineering Ireland excited as asylum seekers uncover hidden mountain beneath a patch of grass in Crooksling.'

Here we have Mahmoud, a “Palestinian-Jordanian” seeking asylum telling RTEs Eleanor Burnhill a sob story of how he was left feeling 'miserable’ after leaving Crooksling stating “This is not a humanitarian suitable place,"....no facilities for the dignity of life. No washing”, yet later Rte news also showed new, modular units with toilets & showers onsight. Burnhill spoke to an Afghan asylum seeker who recently arrived in Ireland from Afghanistan (no direct flights) and claimed the same as Mahmoud. He had also returned to the city centre saying there was no running water in Crooksling and only a small amount of shared toilet facilities. He said he had come to Ireland believing it was "the most honest country all over the world" to have full respect for human rights and for the Palestinian people."....... the NGOs on overtime.

The 65 bus stops outside Crooksling and the main arterial bus routes with 4 bus routes to the City Centre, at Citywest are just 2.6klm away. So I don't know why they were claiming to have had walked for ages, sure they had virgin media reporters and journalists giving them lifts from the facilities back to the IPAS.

Give me a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭tom23

I just hope he can get over this trauma…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Yeah I'm pretty much done with this.

How the media interview these and still run with the fearing for their lives line....

They genuinely think we are stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Much the same here except ours have come back home to live.. which is nice one hand but it'd really pisses me off that they don't have fair opportunities due to the crap show that the current government has encouraged and is presiding over. Bad cess to them all.

We are being treated like fools and many of us only regarded as taxpayer fodder in our own country.

But come the elections - time to kick ass big time.

Advertisement