Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No complaints, didn't deserve to win - had it entirely in our hands in the second half and just got lazy and overconfident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Shambles all round there.

Really thought Kelleher had that too I have to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think we wasted a 5 on 2, a 4 on 2 and a 3 on 2 in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yep... there's no other word for it.

We should be halfway home on the bus now 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

What a way to sign off for the international break....terrible performance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,516 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There better be a massive receipt on the way in the league game against this lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

An absolutely shambles of a performance. To lose to that United team, that’s on Liverpool.

Elliot was terrible but Tsimikas was the cause of that loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Hard to complain about the result.

Hard to take but can have zero complaints.

Klopp is going to go through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭M3CS

A complete disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Got just deserts for that arrogance in attack

Era he played 90 minutes on Thursday, after only just coming back from injury. Unfortunate as it was, I'd guess there were medical instructions to not overplay him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

That defeat is going to sting for a long time we butchered that game and kept united in it,and no matter how bad a team is or has been when chances aren't taken that's what happens

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The most unprofessional performance in lots of ways. Nunez and Gakpo making wrong decisions again and again.

Got what we deserved, we lost that game more than they won it. Should have scored in hte second half when we owned the ball.

Gakpo is getting way too much abuse here.

Most of the overload butcherings involved other players.

The last two goals were caused by outrageous individual mistakes as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭Cartman78

First training session back should focus on how to be clinical in 4 on 2 situations....never seen anything like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

We only have ourselves to blame. We should have put that game to bed so many times but kept making the wrong decisions in the final third.

That’s the kind of performance you’d want to see players fined for.

Hopefully this serves as a massive, massive wake up call for our title challenge. Absolutely no room for complacency at any point, in any game. 10 cup finals.

• Administrators Posts: 54,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I don’t think he’s getting too much at all, he was absolutely mince. Every time he got the ball he either gave it away or totally killed all momentum.

I honestly don’t think he’s going to make it.

Nunez has plenty of faults but you can see he at least causes problems.

Yup - really hope they remember this feeling for next month. That's the big one, need to have the cut-throat attitude then that they lacked tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,750 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That 5 on 2 where we delayed the pass was a killer . Should have buried that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

60% possession 25 shots 8 corners and out of the Cup

Unreal,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Huge disappointment with the manner of that result. Were far the better side, but not ruthless during that second half. Only ourselves to blame, allowed united to stay in the game and the manner of the goals leave a lot to be desired. Some of it may be explained maybe by fatigue, but this was a great chance to get to Wembley.

Anyhow, let's move on, it's the least important of the 3. Let them draw city now and hopefully trouble them in Wembley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭McFly85

Poor performance, could have and should have won it in normal time, but I’m not that bothered of being out of the cup - feels like 2 competitions is enough for this squad. We were out on our feet in extra time and having to play midweek definitely had an impact on the subs we made.

Nice to have a bit of a break for some players, and hopefully they’re in much better form when we go back there again in the league!

This has to be you trolling?? "Kelleher ain't great at saving spot kicks". Has he ever lost a penalty shoot out?

Normally I’d be hoping for another bloodbath against them in the league, but I think winning it ugly after tonight’s performance would be even more satisfying.

Yeah, people calling him an awful player etc... i know emotions are high, but i dont think we should be turning on our players like that. Plenty of the team's performances deserve criticisms for sure, but blanket statements like that aren't helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

That's it in a nutshell. If Darwin doesn't play that cross field pass we most likely see out the ET. Ah sure look it's one less semi final to play and City have one extra as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

A match that just shows

Nunez

Gackpoo

And Diaz

Are just not good enough to do it alone ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That was annoying, but honestly a poor performance like that is a good reminder against complacency in the more important games to come. Dropping the semi final may be no bad thing in the end…

I like Gakpo and think he's a good addition - especially for the pricetag - in the squad.

Whatever about performing poorly is one thing.

But to be strolling around - completely obliviious to the occasion or the rivalry - and thinking he has 2.5 weeks on the ball is lunacy. it's braindead stuff.

Darwin was out on his feet and probably mentally by the stage he made his mistake. Still an awful mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭strawdog

Deflating, only silver lining is it might help ten Hag keep his job

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A game that showed they played poorly - nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Second half onwards we were too cocky.

Yeah, just gonna post their numbers again.

It's not all bad.

I am disappointed with our decision making in those situations though.

Sometimes it's like the passing player gives zero consideration to the the pace and direction of the pass he is giving to the next guy in those overloads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭freewheeler

Embarrassing loss to a piss poor team...Zero game management

I would put forward the run of games we had without Salah as evidence of this not being true. Today wasn't about how good they could be at their best but more about how poor they can be at their worst. They were all off the boil today as was Salah but there was a complacency permeating the entire team today if you ask me. How we lost the second half I'll never know. We should have scored a few in that second half but were so profligate in attack and had little urgency to get the third goal.

Even tho we actually scored 3 I don't we will see such a tepid performance from our boys again this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well that was frankly embarrassing and a worrying mind frame about the game, doddled on the ball trying to walk it in second half and we were duly punished, I would hope Klopp tears strips out of em. Better to happen in a cup game, I’m confident it won’t happen again

I am fully confident that we will absolutely Batter them in the league game in a few weeks.

Diaz ..is a fine lad...great skill ...

But does he really create or score much for all he has the ball ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That's on the players. 100%. Klopp should be absolutely fuming.

Absolutely arrogant performance. Dawdling on the edge of the box. Not shooting when they normally would. Taking a million touches when completely unnecessary.

The narrative will be that Utd stuck in it, and took their chances. It's just not true. They didn't. They'd given up. There was oceans in midfield and in the inside forward positions. Many had stopped running and pressing.

We just got arrogant IMO. Whether consciously or not, I don't know. But they thought they were cruising 2nd half. And that's where it should've been won.

Just on the last bit, that’s the biggest thing we miss since Firmino left. More often than not, he got those decisions spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I don't think that was a Liverpool fan who called him awful to be fair. He was horrible today however!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Gakpo is a great player, plays left or central midfield for Netherlands though, not where we play him

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Far to casual and lackadaisical for most of the game, butchering 5/2,4/2,3/3,Gakpo completely anonymous,Mo poor,our passing non existent,Diaz offered nothing but running into space,for all our attacks,despite putting 3 in the net,we never looked like scoring,2 deflections and a rebound are a poor reward for all the ball we had. Sickening to lose to a team so bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I think our injuries caught up with us here, players have a lot of minutes in their legs and having to go another 30 minutes would have been tough for them. Its not the subs it is the players still on the pitch that cannot run like they used to. We still have a bunch of kids on the bench and need to get players back to build up the strength off the bench again.

I am sometimes too positive, but we threw that match away. We had the lead twice, we had a 5v2 break and another few good ones where we did not take the chances. But this now means we play Fulham as scheduled and we do not have to rearrange that match. City on the other hand have to play the FA Cup semi the weekend of the 20th April and have to make up matches against Spurs and Brighton. If they make the CL semi's they are playing every 3 matches from now till the end of the season. The minutes you think will eventually tell, we are on par now with Arsenal for our potential fixtures.

Focus on ourselves, forget this match, I would take losing this one and winning the league match there any day of the week.

No point in over analysing this result, as hard as that may be. Great cup tie for the victors and the neutrals to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

United were completely gone there in the 2nd half. Heads were down. Arguing amongst themselves. Stopped running. They couldn't get near Liverpool who were strolling around them and cutting them open. It actually took a monumental effort from Liverpool not to finish the game at that point but somehow they managed it. Never give a sucker an even break.

Fair enough ..but international soccer a lower standard.

For us ..he is too slow ..lacks ball control..lacks the ability to do something quickly and is a poor finisher..

He isn't good enough for top level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Overreact much? Take some time, have a nice walk and clear the head. We all hate losing, we all hate losing to United and in the last minute makes it especially galling, but let's not go overboard on our own players because we are frustrated. I bet you they are just as gutted as we are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement