Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel-Gaza: 'We are at war', says Benjamin Netanyahu

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

The only problem with a two state solution is that it would be seen by Israel as rewarding Hamas/Palestine for October 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,147 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why should any country have to take them in? They have their own country. Oct 7th would not have happened if Israel had treated them fairly. Helping settlers to steal land in the West Bank and treating Palestinians like **** doesn't seem to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Good loser

Israeli humiliating treatment of the Palestinians over many years provoked Oct 7. Netanyahu is/was an obnoxious, vindictive, self centred, criminal without any redeeming features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭deirdremf

a two state solution is that it would be seen by Israel as rewarding Hamas/Palestine for October 7th

Hmm, you could be right.

So that leaves a one state solution, one adult, one vote. It's worked in South Africa, it's working in NI, it'd work in Palestine too. WAY to GO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭deirdremf

I was expecting some sort of a reaction to my reply above, but it looks as though the poster I responded to hadn't considered the alternative solutions available. I'll put them here:

1. a one-state solution with one vote per adult
    2. a two-state solution with one vote per adult in each state
    3. the status quo, which has clearly got a number of serious drawbacks
    4. send everyone in Gaza to Egypt, all the Arabs in Jerusalem and the West Bank to Jordan and all the Palestinians in Galilee ("Israel proper" to the Lebanon; which involves a number of serious drawbacks
    5. murder all the Palestinians, which has also got a number of serious drawbacks

Now I can tell which solutions would work best for Israel & Zionism, but 4 & 5 aren't really on at the moment, particularly because Biden is losing votes daily as a result of the ongoing massacres, and is currently looking at a clear defeat in November. 3 has been tried for the past 20/30 years under the auspices of Uncle Sam, and has only allowed Israel to take over more and more territory and make the remaining Palestinians more and more angry.

This leaves 1 & 2.

Take your pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

You think this suddenly become an issue just a few months ago?? Israel has been brutilizing non-Jews for decades via illegal detentions, killings and land grabbing. Not to mention the amount of lies they have spun about what actually happened on the 7th of October

A one state solution- are you mad? The Arabs would outbreed the Jews in 20 mins and run them out of the country in quick time. This would be akin to giving Israel away to the enemy.

A two state solution would reward terrorism. The radical Palestinians would use their new state to reign terror on Israel. This is what they have done with Gaza since they got control in 2005.

Israel needs to defend itself from either of these futures.

on another note I was disgusted to see Palestinian flags being paraded in my local parade yesterday. More useful idiots.

Do you think Palestinians only just started terrorising Jews?

I can remember the Munich Olympics and the highjacking of airlines in the 1970s.

If you’re trying to get me to sympathise with the Palestinian cause then you’re barking up the wrong tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Suckler

Sympathizing is not agreeing with them. Children are being murdered at a rate the world has not seen in centuries. Tell me why they are undeserving of sympathy.

Hamas/Palestine could surrender and return the hostages immediately. Obviously they don’t sympathise enough with their own people.

Why hasn’t Varadker and Michael D come out asking for a Hamas/Palestine surrender?

• Advertisement

You seem to think this simply started in October. As soon as the last hostage is freed, Israel’s armed forces will not simply stop.

it’s amazingly naive to think that’ll be the end of it.

Also, you justify the massacre of innocent people because Hamas must have sympathy. I’d openly question your morality.

If you don’t think that Hamas/Palestine should free the hostages then you are a supporter of terrorism. Another useful idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Israel is a rouge state no better than Nazi Germany.

Israel is actively committing genocide against a population living in a walled ghetto. That must make you so proud.

The mighty IDF - Vile Scum, not one bit better than HAMAS.

In YOUR opinion- but still you don’t call for a Hamas/Palestine surrender to get a ceasefire

There’s the abuse from a cornered rat.

when have I stated they shouldn’t be released?

start there and we’ll go back to the bit you dodged.

No, it’s a fact. We have video evidence daily. We have the Irish Army reporting Israel using white phosphorus in Lebanon. The IDF are scum with no regard for international law.

Israel is a terrorist state hiding behind the primary ideology of judeasim. Using religion to justify conquest and setteling of a marginalised people based on race.

”they’d outbreed the Jews in 20 mins” - your a supremacist at best but realistically a filthy racist with a superiority complex.

So you’re for a Hamas/Palestine surrender to get a ceasefire. That’s great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭carfinder

youre a seriously disingenuous poster - one of Bibi's useful idiots

• Advertisement

So you don’t think that the Palestinian population is growing faster than the Israeli population?

Who’s the aggressor again? The US funded Military complex or the lads with the AK’s who only know life in a literal prison, curtosy of the lovely people of Israel.

So you don’t think the IDF and by extension the people of Israel are committing genocide?

Obviously a population without basic contraception, family planning and healthcare will outgrow a country with a first world health system - only a real moron would expect anything different.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GeminiLad

This is becomeing increasingly frustrating to repeat.

IDF are fighting an entity that has spent the last 18 years and billions of dollars to build apparatus that enables them to hide beneath, within and alongside a huge civilian population, knowing this day would come (it's their aim). Hamas modus operandi is the blatant and indiscriminate slaughtering of innocent Israeli civilians and the collateral damage of innocent Gazan lives when Israel comes for them. Thus, Hamas will win in the judgemental eye of public opinion and this heaps pressure on western governments to relinquish support of the Jewish state.

It really isn't that difficult to understand but albeit difficult to decipher the truth from the mis-information (which is also Hamas modus operandi) with the help of UNRWA and aid agencies in Gaza that have done sweet FA to provide any kind of relief/assistance to kidnapped civilians.

I would advise people to stop spouting this Genocide bollox. Firstly, because it simply is not true but also because much information being released from Gaza is and will always be anti israel and pro-hamas. That's the demographic on the ground!

People say they have seen evidence but this still isn't verified and not as clear as people make out. As an example, it has been stated by Gazans themselves and drone footage showing Hamas firing upon their own people when trying to collect aid. Assumptions will make an arse out of you!

I've seen footage of Gazans pleading with the world to rid them of Hamas. I've seen videos of Gazans thanking IDF for removing Hamas from power. But anti-israel supporters will determine this fake and misleading (even though there are videos). However, when a rocket hits a hospital, the world screams Israel at fault!

This war is being played on two completely different levels. Hamas have free reign and an 'understanding' of why the atrocities of Oct 7th were committed due to 'Occuptation' over 70 odd years. Yet, same people do not (or will not) understand Israel war in Gaza and necessary targeting of Hamas terrorists, bases and infrastructure because her people suffered a massacre on par with the holocaust on Oct 7th - while Hamas tell whoever will listen they will repeat that slaughter again and again.

It's all a little absurd.

Oh, sorry your frustration is increasing.

Maybe bomb some more hospitals and apartment blocks, level a few more neighborhoods, force people into another segment of what’s left in rafah and bomb the **** of of the same place?

That may make you feel less frustrated. X

oh if that doesn’t work let the lads blow off some steam firing into crowds of starving people. Heros.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GeminiLad

I don't think you understand the point of this website.

Are you here to debate or to abuse?

Feel for your wife and kids fella, if you have any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The choice of ending it remains with Hamas. Release the kidnapped hostages, surrender.

Until they do that, Israel has to keep going.

Not much good all the trendies here calling for a ceasefire when Hamas could have ended the fight months ago but still refuse.

• Advertisement

I think that’s a better summary than most could do in a few lines.

The inexorable issue though is the continued bombing of a ghetto. Stating this isn’t necessarily taking sides, what happened on October 7th was wrong, it didn’t happen in isolation though.

The whole situation is crying out for the UN to step in but the longer this (and other situations) go on, the more I think they’re military eunuchs that’s become a giant money spinner and jobs for the boys.

Advertisement