Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

We need to try someone/something else up front. Anybody.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I think it’s over for Dyche in the next few weeks. We have been abysmal.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

He's going nowhere imo. No one to sack him anyway. Lack of a clinical striker is killing us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

They are all at it. Starts with the strikers but they are all useless and fluffing their chances

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

The problem here is that Everton sought mitigation against a points deduction by claiming that though there was a breach in the limit of losses, they were heading in the right direction by reining in spending. However, all that good work was undone in Lampard's last summer in charge when we spent money on Onana, Mcneil etc and despite a downward trend, actually increased the losses. Double jeoprady will not apply as the year inquestion did not make up part of the original offence. I fully expect another 6 point deduction.

Meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

if we had a striker who could score, unless Calvent Lewis recovers form we are down, as Beto is another Maupay

In fairness we sold Richi that summer, thats where the money came for the Lampard spend.

• Advertisement

Even Iwobi is scoring goals, which is galling

I’m at an all time low as an Everton supporter. I turned the match on yesterday, we were muck. Turned it off. So I’ve no comment really on how we did. I just can’t take watching it anymore.

they/them/theirs

Same boat myself. Over 30 years watching but they've finally drained the life out of me. I'd be delighted if they folded the club tomorrow and ended the misery.

The only positive is the stadium , which looks class, but is probably costing us 12 points.

I was never a fan of Dyche, and he did well under appalling conditions, would obviously like a more exciting appointment, but until our circumstances are resovled , ther does not seam another choice at this moment in time, As a said earlier unless Calvent Lewis regains form and confidence (and goals) I think we are down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Forest were given a 4 point deduction because their beach was deemed to be not as serious as ours? And instead of getting 6 point deduction, they were given 2 back because they cooperated with the premier league?

By my math, we exceeded the PSRs threshold of 105m by 19.5m which is a breach of just over 18%

Forest exceeded their threshold of 61m by 34.5m which is almost 56% over the threshold

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here because I'm struggling to understand this one.

Deleted

• Advertisement

Deleted

Premier league just making it up ,as they go , so as to look good. Farcical. Masters will be sniggering at all 'the little clubs.', whilst keeping his Tory masters happy.

Don't bother. They are just making it up as they go along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

In a way we are in this together, but you also need to be careful what you wish for Forest, as of your second charge is up next week...

You have to remember Forest had 44m less than everyone else in the PL, and a squad worth pittens as a starting point.

We spent in January knowing we would need to sell by end of June to balance the books, then delayed the Jonson sale to maximise profits (funnily enough), so we were only breaking the rules for 3 months and this was supposedly discussed with PL.

Things that should worry Everton though from the Forest decision are as follows....

PL wanted to give us 8 points when the punishment for insolvency is 9. Part of Everton's mitigation and reduction to 6, and probably helped Forest.

Reports Everton's second breach is between 50m to 80m. I don't know if this is true or not? And you continued to spend in the third year, when you could tried to rebalance?

And finally,....

So Everton's appeal probably helped Forest in a way and you really want Forest punishment to be as low as possible as your back up again?

Meanwhile I might as well say Man city, Chelsea etc.........

Best of luck by the way

Given we sold Gordon last winter window with no purchases, and sold Richi window before for 50 million , reallly not sure how we could have ammased the losses you suggest - We are building a new stadium , which in todays inflated market obviously cost a lot, and not mentioning the war in Ukraine , and its financial impact it had on the club. The whole thing is a basket case , with the premier league making up punishments as they go.

• Advertisement

I don't disagree, but inflation, war etc. also impact Forest with 44m less in the budget to even start eith.

the 50-80m is coming from Forest forums, seemingly taking it from reliable Everton sources, but I really don't know TBH, it could be complete BS.

But the calculation now for Forest

-3pts for the breach

-3pts severity (highest I guess)

+2pts mitigation (Forest full co operation)

So I guess it's clear if there is some sort of breach it's -3 anyway

Mitigation I'm not sure and how a second charge will be seen?

The +2 for cooperating with the premier league would suggest Everton did not.

What am I missing????

I'm getting info from Forest Forums so take it with a grain of salt.

I think not co operating at least applies to the current 6pts, so Everton got no reduction on that. Something to do with disputing the accounts and they had to be resubmitted? But again I could be wrong.

On the second charge, maybe Everton are co operating, will get -3, severity unknown, and get 2 back on the second charge.

But if this is really the case now, teams (with rich owners) might as well completely break the rules , co-operate and take a 4Pts penalty....😁

So they give us 4pts back. Hit Forest with a 4 point deduction and our decision is next week. I wonder how many more points we’ll be deducted/s

The original 10 point sanction will be back in places next week.

we break sustainability rules so they make we’re relegated and probably go into administration. Sound lads.

they/them/theirs

Here is a Forest article on Forest's deduction and some differences to Everton's...

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/how-nottingham-forest-points-deduction-9174055

It really looks like window dressing from Masters and the Premier league, before the new Tory backed 'independent regulator' is in situ , which is in place to save clubs going under. Its a total farce , that will come crumbling down once they look at City and Chelsea, and the next word crisis, meanwhile we get screwed.

I expect Everton will see no more points deductions.

Our latest hearing takes place next week. I can see two points max being deducted

I agree, on 2 points, meanwhile the ownership drama drags on and on

We're up in court again , Andors Townsend is totally right the whole thing makes a mockery of the premier league - they had a league that worked, but Masters and the Torries are determined to wreck that, like theyve wrecked most things in the country - its a total farce, making a few briefs very wealthy :-

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68664880

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

In Kangaroo court again you mean! In a proper court, the prosecution doesn't choose who the judge is!

Dyche has really grown on me , he's obviously not Pep, but the way he handles all the contoveries I admire.

We can't even be arsed commenting at this stage

they/them/theirs

Clocks going forward tonight.

How can he survive if he loses the next two? I've been a fan but we're now in Mike Walker territory with no win in 12. Depressing stuff

He has to be dead man walking at this stage. The team have nothing to offer. I see people praising Tarkowski et al as being decent at the back. But we are shipping goals every week.

We’re simply shite.

they/them/theirs

He's been dealt a bad , in fact dreadful hand, but Dycheball is past its sell by , by some, I've grown to like Dyche but he cant cut it as a a manger in the modern game, so would like someone new, dynamic, energtic in his place, but given the off field fiasco , not going to happen.

Dyche got lucky with 'Dacoure ball' for a little while but Dacoure is back to being useless again..

There's something worryingly passive about this side right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

In fairness, we've sold our best players and bought no one decent. The squad is just sh!te

the squads around us and below us are no better. The Premier League is getting worse outside the top 6-7 teams. Another decade and it’ll be like Spain.

But given the other teams are also shite, we should have won at least 1 of our last 12 games. That’s a shocking record.

He has to do something to change the pattern. I’d drop Harrison, McNeil and DCL. Make something out of Chermitti, Dobbin and Danjuma. It probably won’t work, but it’s better than watching us fail the same way every week.

they/them/theirs

Even if we scrape by this year, next year is going to be a step up and I don't see we're getting new faces from! And I'd be surprised if we hung on to many of the faces that we do have.

Pickford, Branthwaite, Onana, DCL are surely talking to agents

I assume the plan is to somehow stay in the league for the next 2 seasons, and the new stadium , which is nice, will generate income so we can compete. Things are so bad , I think 777 cant be that bad, Moshiri reign has been dreadful apart from new stadium.

DCL can talk to whoever he wants. 1 good season in 7 is it?

Not arguing. But that was the one season we played to his strengths and had never ending quality balls in to him from James, Digne and Sigurdsson.

But at this stage I wouldn't miss him.

Better hope Dobbin and Chermiti amount to something

• Advertisement

I never blame a striker for not scoring when we don’t create enough.

We’ve created enough and DCL hasn’t delivered. Beto is like a baby giraffe, but he can occasionally finish

they/them/theirs

There was a spell earlier in the season where Everton were creating chances but not scoring. Now we're not really even creating chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

We are in free fall but on the law of averages we are due a win.... 🤞

Its 2024 and we have Ashley Young starting as a right winger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement