Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭conor05

Watch Paudie Clifford from Kerry, his brother David gets all the plaudits putting up 1-7 etc but Paudie makes Kerry tick. His workrate and tackling is through the roof.

TJ is a truly phenomenal hurler, I’ve never seen the likes of what he’s done consistently for Ballyhale and Kilkenny over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭conor05

Looking at that team we are still going to be heavily reliant on the Ballyhale lads to light up the scoreboard, John Donnelly might get a score or 2.

Really need Billy Ryan to start using the lightning pace he has, he must drive Lyng bananas having that pace but not using it enough in matches to unlock defences.

Its time to man up tomorrow night and bring the fight to this Limerick team for 70 plus minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Village87

I'm 6 years looking at Billy Ryan and the same posts are written before every match

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jamesbond2022

Probably 2012 would be a random guess

m Fennelly and m rice before either one of them was out injured

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭kk.man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Charlie69

He did okay when he came on the last day and got a nice point but yeah he’d frustrate the life out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kentu

Our squad is looking much weaker overall than it has over the last 2/3 years in my opinion.

Still looking forward to going to Cork tomorrow evening and will be hoping for a good performance more than anything, result far from end of the world infairness.

Important that we get behind the team from here on in, I myself have been to only one game as it was a long winter going to support my club at matches which was great for that time of year. As others have said here before our support has been very poor over last while (I include myself in that BTW) lads can be happy to slate players on here, they need plenty of positive noise in their favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Very appropriate post. Every player gives it their all while sacrificing part of their lives for the good of Kilkenny hurling. The vast majority on here appreciate that and will usually suggest an alternative to a player they wouldn't start. But this continuous slating of individual players from a very small minority is disgusting at times. Asked to pick their starting 15 and they go into hiding for a while. Imagine asking them to pick a match day panel or full squad!

Unlike last Saturday when the match against Waterford wasn't televised, we'll have a larger audience of experts ready to slate no doubt this Saturday.

If I got as little enjoyment out of the hurling as some do, I'd pack it in. I don't understand how you'd be bothered at all.

To reiterate, the vast majority on here are very fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,868 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The team does look a bit frail in places. I'd much, much rather d blanchfield in cb, with deegan mf, or maybe k blanchfield in the middle. Whatever about getting a settled midfield I think the one named for this weekend is too small and will really struggle with the amount of physicality limerick being to that area of the field.

I don't see that we have the upper hand on any line of the field with the possible exception of our full forward line if eoin Cody really clicks and gets back to his best form.

But the reality is that lim just have too many weapons at the moment so there's no amount of moving players around that you can do that you'll eventually find a team that, on paper, should beat them. They just have a stronger squad than we do.

The good news is we are going in with very little expectations and a real opportunity for these players to lay down a marker, let us as fans, and limerick and every other team in the country, know that they are not to be taken lightly. Our play hasn't been joined up and fluid the way limericks has, our tactics are just not as well developed. But what we can do is front up, flight like dogs and let everyone know that we still mean business. That's basically what Galway did last week and it nearly worked. Ok they had an extra man and couldn't get it done, but also they were missing several key players but they fought like dogs in the muck and limerick will have woken up the next morning Knowing they were in a fight.

As long as we can do that, I wouldn't mind a loss too much, as long as we start within three or four of them. That would set us up well going into the championship. A hammering would be a disaster but i think our lads have a point to prove here.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭biglad40

eoin Larkin would really fill you with confidence in his interview today with our game podcast. His sad demeanor alone says kk will lose by 10 to 14 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Well I hope Eoin goes to support the lads tomorrow not like the time we got annihilated in Ennis he cut the s••t out of the players but wasn’t actually there.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭biglad40

When ur in the army you can’t just pop out to walk the dog or catch a game

Agree with all of this but I don’t expect us to line out as selected at all. Not sure how we will line out but I see positional changes on almost every line on the field.

I don’t see Shane Murphy as a corner back, and can’t see that midfield working at all never mind against Limerick. Cork will suit Limerick on top of all their other advantages too but looking forward to seeing how we front up .

Do you think Eoin Larkin might have contributed a fair bit to the cause over the years ?…and not just by sitting in the stands but by literally giving blood, sweat and an awful lot of his time ( three or four nights a week for over ten years not to mention the sacrifices made by him and his family )….. do you think he might have given enough to maybe have earned the right to give his opinions on players and watch it on the TV if he feels like it ?…. Just a thought.

Post edited by Charlie69 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Colm treacy was on frees and 65’s but got a few from play too

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Montys return

• Registered Users Posts: 10,868 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It's a joke. Five players and one of them the best to ever play in his position, somehow played out of position as if they were doing him a favor because he couldn't make it on the wing against two obviously inferior limerick wing backs?

Do you think he was right to slate that team then who were only trying their best, comparing them to the best team ever , that was hardly fair was it.

• Advertisement

By the way congratulations to the U19’s a good idea to retain a working panel for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Wedger90

Re combined teams. Tyrell, mick fennelly, richie power and richie hogan all should be there

Maybe it wasn’t fair but you seem more annoyed with him for not going to the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

🤣

a joke...... Written by a 25yr old that was too young to have seen that Cody team in action??

"rapid Eddie" .................................... 🙄

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭KK36

Did they ever play midfield together for Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭robwen

In fairness if it's based off the 4 in a row team there's no way Fennelly makes it

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

ICha last all ireland was 2010 he retired from the panel2011. Fennelly was captain as a sub 2009 moved into a permanent slot after that.⁹

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭The_Tank

It’s interesting to consider how many of those Kilkenny legends struggled to establish themselves and eventually came good - TJ, Larkin, Eddie, Cha, Mick Fennelly, Brian Hogan (debut in the Wexford loss if I’m correct), Jackie…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭kk.man

Larkin was always good imo..in fact one of my all time favourite forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Credit to Brian Cody for his perseverance and encouragement I guess.

Advertisement