Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Excellent. I see no reason why they should stop trying to cripple an aggressor's logistics, especially when that aggressor launches salvos of missiles at civilians and civilian infrastructure without constraint. Hopefully they can take the lot out soon. It shouldn't impact oil prices since Russia have sanctions against them and are capped at the price they can sell their stocks for anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Russian media share pictures of four suspected terrorists, in the Crocus concert hall massacre in Moscow, giving their names as (clockwise from the left) Makhmadrasul Nasridinov, 27, Rivozhidin Ismonov, 51, Shokhindzhonn Safolzoda, 21, Rustam Nazarov, 29

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭rogber

Inevitable they'd try and tie it to Ukraine in some way, we'll see how far the link goes, whether the terrorists they caught will soon appear on TV claiming Zelensky gave them the green light to proceed. Scary thought but not impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

You also couldn't prevent the possibility of them claiming random Ukrainians as part of the cell. They really don't care what international media says.

• Advertisement

Absolutely. I'm inclined to believe the US intelligence that this is a genuine Islamist attack but if the Russians use it to announce a huge wave of mobilisation it will start to look very suspicious. Though, much like Netenjahu in Israel, it's hard to know what is just opportunism and using atrocities to carry out personal agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭techman1

but it has to be believable and credible even to their so called friends like China and Iran and even to gullible russians. The fact that Tehran was also hit by Isis recently at a very high profile memorial would make trying to link it to Ukraine look ridiculous. It throws the whole putin propaganda and narrataive into the fire, Isis hit Moscow the same as it would a western capital because they see no distinction. Even gullible russians must be scratching their heads, why are we prosecuting a war against Ukraine and the West when we are being hit by islamists. Isis would have preferred to hit a european city but Moscow was a much easier target precisely because it is prosecuting the war in Ukraine and because it cut itself off from western intelligence. It circles right back to the year 2000 and putin invading chechnya to take out the terrorist threat, that was credible if brutal, now Russia is being hit by islamists again but Putin is prosecuting a war against Ukraine a non islamic country, even Russians have to see through that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

Even before the theater attack happened putin's terrorists spent another day burning through massive military resources in Ukraine yesterday. This attack exposes that putin's hard man act is simply using his massive military as a terrorist organisiation and now he has depleted it to the extent that it can no longer defend moskow from even small groups motivated to make him pay from his terrorist activities. wagner group paved the way for this by showing how weak putin has made his empire by wasting his military resources in a pointless war of conquest and terrorism.

This was tweeted a couple before the attack. Looks even extra ridiculous today after what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭aidanodr

So we know ISIS have claimed the attack in moscow last evening.

Putin still has not addressed the russian people.

Word on CNN is the FSB/security forces have captured 4 of the purps on there way into .... yes you have guessed it ... Ukraine.

So i reckon reason putin has not addressed the russian people is because he has to get his story straight and arrange evidence so this can be pinned on Ukraine.

I also imagine he might say this ISIS taking responsibility thing is the US coercing them to do so and that ISIS and US are one and the same or something along these lines.

Regardless putin will pin this on Ukraine and announce some sort of escalation. We can but wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

Highly probable you have the captured terrorists confessing live on TV to the Russian audience later Zelensky himself paid them to carry out this attack out of his own wallet. Okay maybe that's a stretch but i can easily see a scenario that this is twisted to blame Ukraine no matter what and justify a full mobilisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,398 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

It's as much about softening the West's and more importantly Christian America's attitude to Russia.

Across social media last night were the messages from the Russian stooges with the Russian flag saying "We stand with Russia" and who thanked them? The clueless christian anti muslim or just clueless across the world. It doesn't matter that Russia is using 500kg bombs and are now building 3000kg bombs. That goes over the heads of these people as they can't relate to apartment buildings being blown up. But five guys with machine guns in a theatre that's recorded then that they can relate to and abhor. It's about bringing the conditions about that Trump will again be shaking hands with Putin and there won't be uproar from his voters in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Well, I am a bit suspicious about what happened in Moscow yesterday. I do not at all believe the Ukrainians were involved. How exactly did the Russians know who to arrest so fast after the event, and, why say they [bad guys] were going to Ukraine when they appeared to have been heading to Belarus? I will wait till more is known but it's all very convenient for the Kremlin right now. A harsh but true comment.

Dan.

Absolutely all possible. They're writing a narrative that has to tie into the current narrative.

They might even claim the US and all NATO countries knew about the attack in advance and withheld intelligence from Moscow, and Ukraine supplied the weapons

Yip, said similar in my post above yours.

But lets also add this .. The possibility this event was a false flag and this was all arranged by putin. Its not as if he hasnt done this before. Even spreading false intelligence via US embassy who unwittingly played a part.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Russian MP Alexander Khinshtein claiming passports from Tajikistan were found in the suspects’ vehicle.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/two-suspects-moscow-attack-detained-after-car-chase-lawmaker-2024-03-23/

Hmmm but using people with obviously Muslim names and appearance doesn't really tie in to the false flag narrative. They could just plant a bomb and parade a few Ukrainian pows and say they did it. Why give Isis the chance to plausibly claim responsibility in an attack that exactly replicates similar Isis attacks like in Paris? Doesn't really add up

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭techman1

Hmmm but using people with obviously Muslim names and appearance doesn't really tie in to the false flag narrative. They could just plant a bomb and parade a few Ukrainian pows and say they did it. Why give Isis the chance to plausibly claim responsibility in an attack that exactly replicates similar Isis attacks like in Paris? Doesn't really add up

yes exactly, and its terrible timing from a russian propaganda perspective a day after Russia sends missiles into Ukranian cities and power grid and a week after Putin election. Also be difficult for them now to arrange a narrative to implicate Ukraine because they don't know what else Isis or the US knows , the cat is now out of the bag anyway ,its a terrorist attack by islamists on Moscow, Putin cannot control this story

@.Donegal. Yip, i think we all see where this is going. They are constructing the story in front of the worlds eyes. And when its cooked properly putin will address the russian people. Prepare for angry putin with a long monologue diatribe type thing with treats and all sorts of escalations. The gloves are off type thing

• Advertisement

Like October 7 or September 11, I think it's a genuine surprise attack that will now be exploited by the rulers to pursue their criminal agenda further. A double insult to the dead and wounded to exploit their suffering

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.....

I think gay thoughts are terrorising putins brain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,398 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

If Putin is behind this "ISIS" attack then there's the very real possibility of more "ISIS" attacks in America and Europe to deflect from Putin's involvement whilst providing a vehicle for Russian terrorist attacks in Western Europe and America.

Intelligence agencies and governments will know of the background but official media will report ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

How the hell can people drive from Russia to Ukraine now anyway with the war going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,061 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I don't believe that it was a false flag operation. However I do believe that the Kremlin are capable of twisting the real motives to suit their own goals.

So for example, say this was really carried out by ISIS or some other muslim fundamentalists because they are unhappy with the disproportionate burden being placed on Muslim Republics and satellite states (e.g. Tajikistan) in this war in Ukraine. Well the Kremlin can just contort the story to instead imply that they were paid off by Kyiv to carry out this attack. All they have to do is call ISIS a bunch of liars (for trying to claim it as their attack) and torture these captives until they'll say whatever they want them to say.

You don't want to be captured by the Russians. Torture then death. The shooters were not random guys off of telegram. They had training, they were calm and professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,061 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Putin's about to give an address.....should be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

No, they aren't typical Russian names, more like Caucasian republics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

I imagine Russia will spin Ukraine as the architects of this attack, and use it as an excuse to ramp up their bombardment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement