Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

Imagine what they could do when properly stocked with western weaponry.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭IdHidden

Ukrainian president nailed it. When he said that “Those hundreds of thousands of Russians who are now killing on Ukrainian land would surely be enough to stop any terrorists,”

A spokeswoman for the US National Security Council said ISIS bore “sole responsibility for this attack”. “There was no Ukrainian involvement whatsoever,”

By linking Ukraine to the attack, Russia can stoke domestic anger against its neighbour and deflect attention from the gaps in its security system that have widened since the war in Ukraine.

Another day of lives wasted 7x the amount compared to the attack in Moscow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes, and even when they have indoor plumbing in Russian buildings. It still leaves a lot to be desired, ( like a lot of things in Putins Russia) even in relatively new construction, as Russians found out during the winter. Mobilising all your tradesmen and maintenance technicians has a price, as they are now finding out.. and this is on top of "normal" Russian standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

The attacks on the oil refinaries is the most important factor for Ukraine now. This puts pressure on Putin to defend these plants and undercuts the finance of the war.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Undoubtedly, but in the meantime it's the smart play if they can't wage symmetrical war. And there's no evidence Russia has developed a way to counter these strategies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Its all too pat...It was all preplanned, from the videos, they acted very professionally, calm and collected, no hasty movements. They shot people and then double checked, and if in doubt, shot them again. They set explosives and had fire accelerants which they doused the building with before setting it on fire. They locked escape exits, hoping to kill many more people locked inside. Then they made their escape, and to my mind, all according to plan, and for what its worth, they hid out in Moscow. For sure they didn't make a bee line for Ukraine,,,thats beyond belief!!! The burning question though is who actually did it? and perhaps more important what is Putin going to do about it?

Thats true in the sense that they are not going to inflict heavy military type damage, but terrorising the population and by doing so, making it clear to Russians that Putin is unable to defend them, will weaken their faith in him, and cause them to question other activities he's claimed are necessary. I'd say that Skabveena and Solovyov etc are sweating now cooking up their storys.

Putin couldn't care less about the lives lost, but for sure, its a big thorn in his side if indeed ISIS carried it out. Thats something else entirely.

• Advertisement

Did ISIS not release a video showing the terrorists using bodycams while performing the attack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Jaysus. X is swamped with isis is israel, cia is isis, usa is isis and so on. I dont see any russia is isis or isis is putin :D .. X is just flooded now with bots and pro putin tweeters. Used to be able to mute the tweets / users before to clean it up but now there are just too many. Mr Musks concept of free unmoderated speech

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

yup, if you see sudden influx of ruSSian trolls and propoganda scutters around media, it means whatever just happened hurt them badly. It means collectively we are doing great job!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭amandstu

If it wasn't those 4 men and Russia doesn't have 4 others who are actually guilty then they can't keep on looking and that would be untenable.

They must have the men ,but where are they?

If it is those 4 men they have they been given a script to learn before being "interrogated" in public?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Thats quite the haul, 3 planes and 2 ships and I believe another wild refinery ?in one night....russia is huge but there is only so long they can sustain these losses.. months ? years ?

So from what appears to be an Xer on team putin / russia. Note just tweeting the following "info" but no source what so ever. Anyway here ye go, try this on:

In case you're wondering why "it took so long" to apprehend terrorists. This is important to understand:

The secret services found the terrorists either while they were still in Moscow or in the Moscow region, and tracked the car to figure out where they were going and whether they would meet with anyone.

At the same time, their phones were being listened to, which led to seven more detainees in this case.

Then, in the wee hours of morning, when the terrorists were already tired and the information had largely been gathered, the arrest took place so as not to "spoil their skin and take them alive for interrogation."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭rogber

You seem to be suggesting this was some kind of inside job. Why can't you just accept the evidence that Isis did it? They have produced very credible claims to back it up and the US seems to fully believe them, these were not some fsb guys with beards taped on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Twitter is a busted flush and while I don't see it fully collapsing if the journalists abandon it, it's fúcked. But primarily the best response to its sharp decline of standards would be to log out, and stay logged out.

• Advertisement

If, and it's a big if, the current rate of hitting the refineries keeps up I'd say months before they are in serious trouble, at the front, at home and financing the continuing war at all..

Yes @pixelburp Over the years I carefully curated a list of people to follow, mainly known journo's, papers, experts in areas and all that .. alot of work in that :D .. I can get away from most of the rubbish by sticking to the FOLLOWING tab rather than the FOR YOU tab. But even the FOLLOWING TAB is now getting infiltrated some what. If that gets too much yes I will abandon. Its a shame, because the concept if run right and moderated right is good.

I think the whole Social Media aspect of the Internet is a busted flush at this stage.

i would assume months but russia seems like a forever juggernaut. I reckon one day there might be a chain reaction of things collapsing.

I can see why your man lost his job.

What I'm suggesting is that whoever did it, it was a very professional job. And was planned down to the last detail. I'm not suggesting anything, because I don't know who did it, or who ordered it. But all the details supplied by the Kremlin, linking it to Ukraine are just unbelievable.

I've read that the way things go in Russia one day it looks like nothing could ever change them out of the blue everything changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Wonder how many refineries there are in Russia and is it feasible that most can be taken out.Proberly wishful thinking but that and giving the people who so far have not suffered the consequences of Putin's the jitters seems one big way to hopefully turn the tide .There seems little chance of enough military defeats against Putin to turn in favour of Ukraine .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭rogber

Yes there is not a single person, probably not even in Russia, who genuinely believes Ukraine had any involvement.

I'm not actually sure Putin is going to use this to escalate in any way, more just to cover his ass: if he admits it was Isis, it's a massive security failure and a new threat, if Ukraine then it justifies endless war, so it's the excuse that serves him best (still a security failure but hey it's Russia nobody expects accountability)

• Advertisement

Yes, I've just seen it, with the faces blurred out. And even by their build, they don't look like the ones caught by Putin's FSB even allowing for them having their uniforms removed. So did they do it? I dont know, even if the US says they did, which is admittedly very compelling evidence. We will see how it pans out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement