Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Routes near newry?

• 14-03-2024 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

Starting from newry, are there nice 50km spins that would be a good way to spend the morning? Im eventually working my way back to howth junction so can get the train home if I get tired

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Ravensdale, Big wood, Rostrevor? Don't need to go far for any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Your planning on doing a 50km moutainbike spin in the Newry/Dundalk area and then cycling home to Donaghmede,are you Tom Pidcock??

I did London to Brighton last year. That's 120km mtb spin. Having said that it did take 7h!

In all seriousness the reason for staying close to a train line is that it gives me the option to bail if I get tired/sore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Gerry

you could look at rostrevor, seems to be within a 50k round trip.

Would you train to Dundalk or Newry for rostrevor? (Thanks for the steer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Yes you'd get the train to Newry. 15km from Newry to Kilbroney Forest Park in Rostrevor on the road. They are class smooth big roads, would be pleasant even on a mtb. You will actually pass Big Wood outside Warrenpoint so if I was you I'd call in there too. Can't give much advice as I've never been in. Kilbroney itself is amazing but very hilly, I'd be exhausted in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭youllbemine

CDundalk train station is only 9km from the trails at Ravensdale. 30 min cycle but granted the last couple km's are uphill. But sure isn't that the point of mountain biking!

Advertisement