Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,676 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rhea Ripley has named her Mount Rushmore of female WWE stars:

- Herself

- Bianca

- Becky

- Charlotte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky has two months left on her contract. She's obviously going nowhere. She didn't even bother playing the "Maybe I'll leave?" card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Does say nothing has been discussed yet though and that it’s unusual.

Still, I can’t see any world where she jumps ship.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's possible she might just take a year or two as well and expand the brood. 37 now so may not get that opportunity again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ThePott

I reckon this is a case where they've given her assurances and the exact amount of years/money hasn't ben nailed out, so no formal offer has been made.

Mind you, come to think of it, there seems to be a lot of contracts up this year and think that's another reason why WWE aren't chasing 'free agents', they've got some of their own stars they have to nail down first and foremost. Thinking Becky and Drew at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Endeavour have shown with the UFC they will offer what they offer and if you don’t like it you can leave.

They happily sent there UFC heavyweight champion packing when they couldn’t come to terms on a deal.

Another championship in the world of overcrowded wrestling championships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

WWE must be releasing their own branded version of Amphetamine.

• Advertisement

"Exclusively on X"

So, a Twitter Title? I'd put the 24/7 title above that in terms of prestige.

3 minute matches, appealing to the demographic of people whose attention spans are absolutely fúcked due to Tiktok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could they not do it on Vine? 😀

Helwani is interviewing Punk on Monday. "No restrictions, nothing is off limits, no holds barred, nothing is taboo."

I think a certain NDA will say otherwise.

Which is likely exactly what they want. A way to tap into that market who won't sit through hours of content per week and only watch stuff in bitesizes. Not exactly mine or your thing but it could turn out to be pretty brilliant marketing if it gets their attention.

Linda McMahon is on the board of Trump's board of Truth Social going public

She is one of the people who can vote for him to cash out early while the stock price is high and hasn’t crashed and not have to wait the 6 months to cash out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

X are losing users and eyes on the product so apparently they paid big money to WWE to jump on the bandwagon/momentum WWE has at the moment.

Another savvy business deal by Endeavour and Nick Khan.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

When does the Netflix deal kick in? And how will it work exactly with Raw and Smackdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭fman

January 1st raw is netflix worldwide. Everything else including smackdown and PLE's goto netflix everywhere outside the US when existing deals run out.

There is some limbo from about September til the end of year where raw officially has no TV home in the US at least.

Raw averages about 1.7m so far this year.

January 1

2024: 1.751 million viewers

January 8

2024: 1.464 million viewers

January 15

2024: 1.419 million viewers

January 22

2024: 1.686 million viewers

January 29

2024: 1.909 million viewers

February 5

2024: 1.890 million viewers

February 12

2024: 1.747 million viewers

February 19

2024: 1.870 million viewers

February 26

2024: 1.738 million viewers

March 4

2024: 1.649 million viewers

March 11

2024: 1.751 million viewers

March 18

2024: 1.687 million viewers

March 25

2024: 1.729 million viewers

Smackdown averages about 2.4m this year.

• January 5, 2024: 2.465 million viewers
    • January 12, 2024:2.384 million viewers
    • January 19, 2024:2.408 million viewers
    • January 26, 2024:2.475 million viewers
    • February 2, 2024:2.469 million viewers
    • February 9, 2024:2.578 million viewers
    • February 16, 2024:2.555 million viewers
    • February 23, 2024:2.272 million viewers
    • March 1, 2024:2.348 million viewers
    • March 8, 2024: 2.439 million viewers
    • March 15, 2024:2.340 million viewers
    • March 22, 2024:2.235 million viewers

One is on cable and one is on free TV so there will always be a difference in numbers there.

You would expect an increse of viewers coming in from the Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania.

But like most TV ratings numbers don't really matter anymore TV compaines find other metrics to show success of shows and once the streaming deals start ratings won't be a thing as they don't release ratings they use other metrics than viewer numbers.

I thought that move Jeff Hardy's 😁 everyone has similar or same moves with different names

• Advertisement

Ah yes, Dana Brooke, titan of industry, originator of the Swanton Bomb....

Is that where she is nowadays. Always baffled me how she avoided release from WWE for years despite being terrible in the ring! The female JTG if you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Her finisher is a version of Christopher Daniels' BME but don't hear him saying anything. Now who gets to complain about all big men doing choke slams or power bombs? Won't mention Goldberg and the spear comments.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There was stories about him being like that too in AEW, approachable and helpful to younger talent etc. Then he exploded, twice.

The penny has to drop with him at some point so maybe he keeps it up and stays mature this time, but I wouldn't bet on it.

When he first came back I never imagined him even coming close to being this entertaining and ruthless. I thought he would be pristine and super safe given his Hollywood commitments but he's been unhinged in this run. It's brilliant stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/therock/reel/C5GpCQ4rug9/

Edit: I don't know if you can embed Instagram stuff on here.

If you time it right you can get a free weeks trial of Fite. TrillerTV+ and you will be able to catch a lot of the Indy events over wrestlemania week including Bloodsport X & other GCW events along with the Revolver show.

Dana Brooke claiming what she said about Tiffany, was in keeping in her character Ash Elegant who is TNA with Tiffany in WWE 🤔 good one Danash

• Advertisement

Clash in the Castle 2024 confirmed for the OVO Hydro venue in Glasgow, June 15th.

Big homecoming for Drew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

12k venue you would have though they would go with Hampden park when they are going to Glasgow.

still, if they’re willing to run that level of venue, gives you hope maybe Becky could get a similar one here someday….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah pity it's such short notice

It will be a cracking atmosphere

Maybe sleep on the floor in Glasgow Airport 😄

Shame it's such a small venue, the demand will be crazy, they could have sold out MITB in London ten times over with the demand that got.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'm guessing they went with a smaller venue cause it's relatively short notice but also I think the days of 'massive' arena shows in Europe for WWE are over, it was fine when WWE coming there was a rarity. They've got 3 European PLEs over the Summer alone. A giant stadium show would only be cannibalising themselves at this point.

Did notice that it's the day after Scotland's opening match in the Euros which might be a bad call but we'll see.

With Becky, Sheamus, Lyra, Finn and JD, they could do a summer PPV PLE in Croke Park that would sell out imho maybe mad yoked Conor McG as host 😁 would he sing like Tyson Fury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

I’ll have what your having if you think they could sell out Croke Park they barely sell out the 3 Arena whenever they are here.

Regards,

p.

Keep McGregor away from it. Don't want him near the product.

With all the allegations around McGregor he would have been a great side kick for Vince.

I doubt they would want that publicity then again Logan Paul is a crypto scammer and one of the worst humans going so you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I don't want him near the female locker room.......

An actual recorded show, especially a PPV show, would sell out easily enough, if only for the fact fans from Europe would travel over too. House shows struggle a bit when they run them twice a year every year, cause house shows are ultimately missable.

A PPV show though, which celebrated the huge number of Irish wrestlers on the card? Think they'd do that easily. I'd kill for that here. I'm still bitter about the NXT UK Takeover Dublin show being cancelled cause of Covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

If you think the WWE could sell out 80k tickets it would take to sell out Croke Park I’ll have what your having as well.

If the WWE knew they could sell out 80k in Dublin that’s Wrestlemania numbers they would have booked here already if there marketing department saw that happening. People are thinking with green tined glasses on thinking they would sell out Croke Park.

Regards,

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could easily do Glasgow on a budget but can imagine ticket prices will not be budget friendly. Be huge demand (even with the late announcement)

Looking like only a handful of 'single event tickets' will go on sale

It's a great venue and city, saw my first ever 'recorded shows' in there in 2016

On croke park there is no way the WWE are paying the price it would cost to hire it.

WWE do these Supershows when states or governments pay them to come to there city or Country for PPV Supershows.

WWE in Cardiff, Melbourne, Perth were all heavily incentivized with government money just like US PPV's are with tax incentives etc. The Irish government would be shot if they paid WWE to come to Ireland.

Katie Taylor wasn't happying in croke park due to cost and the promotors knowing it wouldn't sell out and they would end up losing money.

It's the money reason that we won't see a major PLE in Dublin as you say. Can you imagine the reaction in the country if the Taoiseach or Dublin Mayor comes out and says "we're going to spend this money on bringing WWE to Dublin!"

Though, the posts on Boards would be very entertaining for a while it must be said🤣

Catherine Martin even though a GP TD would get my vote then if she did, RTE gets enough money

for clarity, I was more referring to your point about barely selling out the 3Arena. They’d sell that out with zero hassle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement