Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prison Officer recruitment 2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,860 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Nothing yet, i only did mine last week, I think 2 weeks is the norm,

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tomjonesgrewn

Also in the same boat, will you let us know when you get a call for medical ? Still waiting on mine.

Thank you

i got a mail at lunch time to say i passed the interview stage,

So on to sending through my qualifications next ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 david_393

Any one get anything about stage 3 yet I know a few people already after getting start dates from stage one

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tomjonesgrewn

Hi,

Received my invite to medical there in the last hour. Did you hear anything since?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 3715

@TheBackRoads

Hey im I’m batch 2 & having the same problem, can’t find the original leaving cert I’ve ordered a new one but supposed to have it submitted by this Wednesday which I can’t see happening!! How did you get around it? Did you find your original or did they grant you an extension? Thanks 👍🏼😁

Hey im I’m batch 2 & cant find my original leaving cert I’ve ordered a new one but supposed to have it submitted by this Wednesday which I can’t see happening with the weekend thats in it!! Also could take 2 weeks to be posted, did anyone have this issue? If so how did you get around it? Did they grant an extension? Any help would be appreciated thanks 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheBull8586

Same problem.Im going to try ring the state exam commision in the morning and see if they can email me a copy of the original.hope it works if not will have to email public jobs.I think they have to give a bit of leeway.we got onto it straight away so we will see in the morning👍

Yeah 100% that’s my plan too, just typical it would be Good Friday and the offices are probably closed same with Easter Monday 🤦🏼‍♂️ surly they’ll make exceptions, would be very harsh to pull an application at this stage over a delayed document 🤔

• Advertisement

I got lucky , went to my parents house and done some digging and found my original leaving Cert

@yourdeadwright

No such luck here ☹️ pretty sure all I ever received was the provisional statement of results I thought that was my actual leaving cert

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheBull8586

Im the same as you buddy.I emailed publicjobs today and state examinations.presume i wont hear anything back till tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mihail1983

Could someone tell me if they are still calling for the interview? And what banch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Recruit101

I passed the Interview stage got news Thursday and was asked to provide scanned copy of original qualifications by Wednesday at 3pm. I ordered a degree duplicate document and emailed the prison service email. They emailed back and said send on your order for a new certificate and they will use that in the interim. Good Friday and Easter Monday between the informed date and date to be submitted but as I said they seem to be flexible if you've ordered a duplicate..

Anyone have an idea when they ring your references,

Just in regards of letting your job know your leaving, I;d like to let them know before they got a call but at the same time i don't want to let them know if i'm not getting the job if you get me,

• Advertisement

You should get about 3 to 4 weeks before offer of a start date, that should be plenty for your job to tell them

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rachel2024

hey I was just wondering does anyone know what number they have called ?? I am number 887

Thank you

I'm 549 still didn't get the call, I was on to public job to see if I could get any info off them on time line but all they said was keep an eye on your messages

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rachel2024

thanks David I say we hear definitely by May

I am 549 as well.

• Advertisement

Well that's odd

Racheal2024 from what I know and been told it's coming around every 6 week or so.

Mad to think 6 months to a year down the line ,we could all be relying on each other to have each others backs,

Best of luck to everyone , all in the same boat just looking to better ourselves

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AOS1213

Hi all

Does anyone know When was the last date of interviews for the last batch? Just trying to gauge when the next batch of interviews will be called? Thanks

It's was the end of Feb

Hi all

I have 2 penalty points for unaccompanied driving. Could someone tell me if it affects the veting. Thanks

No not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭timmy2772

Post edited by timmy2772 on

• Advertisement

Ahh Timmy your one of the good ones, i know yous two have some banter but giving the circumstance that could be a touchy one ,

Anyone form batch 2 heard back since sending on there qualifications

You know on the security clearances ,

My parents both come form huge families 10 kids in both, For various reasons i can't ask my parent about there brothers & sister as they can't possibly answer me , I haven't spoke to a lot of Aunts or Uncles in decades,
    Do you have to go around finding out where they live & what not now ?

What if you don't have info on some of them

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TheBackRoads

I'd strongly recommend emailing them with this, just to avoid any delays. Worse case scenario, your application gets delayed. I'd list them to the best of your knowledge anyways in the meantime

Just arkward after 20 years contacting them asking details ,

Although come to think of it i reckon i'll get the info from 1 or 2 Aunts i do speak to ,

Hey guys.

Those that have done their medical exam, how long did you wait for a response back ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CMT123

Anyone that has done the medical. What's involved?

How long after you sent the security clearance is the medical on average ?

I don't remember everything off the top of my head, but BMI (weight and height measurements), eyesight, hearing, blood pressure, and a few others.

They'll send you a more detailed one closer to the time.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the medical involves ,

Iv always presumed you get a blood test ? do you ,

I didn't do a blood test, just the blood pressure with the arm cuff thing.

So during the 12 weeks of training in Portlaoise ,

Do people from Dublin normally try to stay down there each week or commute, each day ,

Pretty sure they offer accommodation for anyone living further from the college. Also it's 6 weeks in Portlaoise. I think the other 6 are in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 keyser.soze

Whens next start date? Anyone know exact starting salary 🤔?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Momo84

Yeah it would be good to know how much new entrants are actually making?...I would imagine the stated salary and the real salary after overtime etc is fairly different.

Isnlt it around 33 grand flat rate for new recruit but because over time is in your contract so has to be done so you'll earn close 50 k in your first year , Don't forget you get extra pay for over time, nights, weekends, & all thee things have to be done ,

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭timmy2772

You will make 50k in year one easily....you have to do 90 hours a quarter overtime at about 30 quid and hour so that's nearly 11k extra per year in itself

Post edited by timmy2772 on

Cheers I was thinking it would have to be at least around that figure.

Thanks it's good to know all this before hopefully starting soon

• Advertisement
Advertisement