Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mercedes EQE

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭User1998

Serious range. 450km based off those figures. I wonder will it do 500km+ in Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,449 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd say it would have done it yesterday easily, it was showing 17kWh per 100km, weather was about 13° so a good bit up on the previous few days, a lot of that 1600km was sitting at 120km on the motorway. I'd be expecting 600+ once it warms up.

Thats unreal. Most petrol cars can’t even do 600km to a tank.

It's enough range to make sure range doesn't even cross your mind, I'd have maybe 2 or 3 stops in a usual day, do they have a charger doesn't even come into it. It'll do Mallen to Mizen in it's stride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Malin to Mizen might be a bit of a stretch at 589Km unless you’re in the middle of summer. https://ev-database.org/car/1713/Mercedes-Benz-EQE-300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

did a 380 km trip on friday/sat (about 70% @ 120km/hr on the motorway) and came home with 25% .. thats 500km range I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Cheapish red one on sale today I noticed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

All the 2023s are in around that price - a 2024 can be had for 64k and still won't sell, saloons are just so out of fashion these days its unbelievable. After driving saloons all my life and recently moved to a hatchback and an SUV, I can kinda see why.

I like them, a bit odd looking but very nice interior.

I am an interested observer as to where the prices of EQS are going, I smell an absolute bargain coming down the line next year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes my bargain in future senses are tingling considering the EQS was so overpriced and is end of line - ie not being replaced.

Yes, once we are reasonable enough to realise we are not getting out the other side too easy and retaining value on it

Maybe I am naive but I still think theres a car out there that I will buy and be happy to keep for 5 years plus! A 500km real world all season all roads car would do me perfectly forever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Cheapish but probably needs to be cheaper. These were €63K new and it could be 2 years old in a few months with 47K Kms on it. I wouldn’t think it’s worth €45K now. Unfortunately they’re not plentiful outside of Merc dealers hence it’s hard to figure the pricing on them.

Just said i'd give a little update, bought the eqe 300 end of march, think there was 7km on the clock when leaving the garage so the usage stats are all me, it's on the motoway a lot of the time sitting at the speed limit, between holidays and travelling it's been idle for 1 month out of the 7. So 20,000km in 6mts.

It's had one hicup, some small heater part caused a drain on the 12v battery, It didn't leave me stranded but mercedes picked it up to check it out and gave me a 2024 c class diesel while they were swapping the part, besides that it's been flawless, really comfortable for long drives, range wise i've never broken a sweat, it's got plenty, only used public charging once or twice as I never plugged it in the night before then had to do a big drive the next day. The usage on 100km roads is 15kWh.

Air con or heating is nearly always on, along with day time running lights, interior lighting and entertainment system. It's a long way from driving an ID3 with my duffle coat on. Most range it's shown was about 2 weeks ago in the good weather, 673km on both the max and min heading to galway.

I'm surprised there's not more on the road, it seems very cheap compared to a diesel e class or similar.

Post edited by drunkmonkey on

Great update and proof that EV’s are well up munching miles now without issue.
    It is surprising the EQE didn’t sell better particularly as company cars. Having sat in one in a showroom when they slashed prices earlier this year, the interior fit and finish was top class. I did think the interior was more C-Class than E-Class in terms of size though. Exterior looks are also very divisive, obviously aerodynamics took priority over the usual Merc aesthetics.

Interesting stats there....18kwh per 100kms would give you realistic 500kms real world range on average would that be about right?

Pushing 600 in good conditions on 100kmph roads.....impressive stuff.

I'm always looking at my next move currently have 2 EVs doing about 350kms which need a charge on my long trips but the EQE wouldn't going by those numbers.

If you’re looking at used, it’s likely you’d pick up an EQS for EQE money at the moment. Not many out there though.

The school run in the morning and evening is completley skewing my consumption stats i'd say, it'll easily do 500km and more.

I'd kinda agree with Joe, i'd go EQS if I got one at the same price as it's even more luxurious with a bigger range, i'm paying bik so an EQS was out of the running with a 140k starting price as bik is based on the new price not the second hand price. I'd also proabably go for a eqe 350 instead of a 300 just for a few extra bhp. The 300 is still pleanty quick for such a big car.

This is sitting on the lot a long time, i'd say there's a serious deal to be done on it.

https://www.frankhogan.ie/used-cars/Mercedes-Benz/EQS/EQS-450/3534731/

I had the C class as a loaner, the EQE has a way bigger interior, the C class felt very pokey in comparison. I've had plenty of positive comments on the looks, people are surprised it's electric. A buddy even used it as his wedding car a few weeks ago. I've the light grey nearly white interior a nightmare to keep clean but really adds to the feeling of space.

Yeah I've a cupra born through the company BIK free as it's under 45k new but an Etron which is private, no way I'd suffer that level of BIK. I bought Etron used but yeah I know it's based on new list price.

I've hit my 40s now, never had much interest in Mercs was always into BMW and Audi but starting to notice myself looking at Mercs a lot recently!

I do about 2 trips a month from Dublin to Antrim, Cork or Limerick and I think I'll try get an EV that can cover the return trip in full next when I do change. EQE and EQS will do it I'd say.

There was an EQS in low 60s a few weeks ago I put it in the bargains I'm not buying thread but it's gone. No rush anyway I enjoy the browsing and discussing and changing my mind as much as the next guy.

• Advertisement

With the eqe you've bik on 20k, think it was notional pay of €62 last week it varies depending on the milage I give to the accountant so about €30 in cash money easily covered by substance.

In the 40's as well, 3 kids now out of child seats. Had a deposit on a taycan earlier in the year. No regrets switching to the merc, I had the range justified in my head but glad it didn't work out now. Range would have drove me mad in hindsight.

That’s some bus alright, it’s an unusual colour. Frank Hogan’s wouldn’t usually be easy to deal with unfortunately.

First time dealing with them, got a good deal on the trade in I thought and service have been sound so far. I'd say they want shot of that eqs seen as they dropped so much off the eqe.

Am I correct in thinking the EQE/EQS have a 10 year HV battery warranty ? Do Mercedes sell an extended warranty here once vehicles are out of their factory warranty from new ?

Yes 10 years or 250,000km. I'm not sure about the extended car warranty, I was told to contact Mercedes directly because you can extend it in the UK but Ireland isn't under Mercedes direct as it's a franchise the garages here can't offer it seemingly. There's probably a way to do it.

Thats a great warranty compared to most manufacturers offering 8 years/160k km

• Advertisement

Yes, the 250K km’s is decent compared to the usual 160K. Audi also offer extended warranty in the UK but not here. It would make the EQS/EQE a much more palatable used car purchase if the warranty could be extended. At the minute you’d have to just budget for some eye watering bills on occasion as the car gets older.

I can’t see it being that eye watering if your willing to shop around outside the dealer network. There are quite a few repairers now for EV’s and there should be a few more by the time the warranty runs out. Plenty of good auto electricians already for electrical issues. Used parts should be accessible enough in a few years. And independent mechanics can do the brakes, suspension etc. Obviously its a premium car so repairs won’t be that cheap but you could keep costs down if you keep it away from Mercedes.

I don’t think we’re quite there yet in terms of an abundance of Indies that would take on complex repairs on an EQS or EQE. Would you also end up invalidating the 10 year HV battery warranty ?

What are these complex repairs you speak of, a mechanic mate asked me to pop the hood for a look. I said you can't. "Oh*" Then I processed to show him how you fill the window washer bottle.

I wouldn't let anyone besides Mercedes at it regardless of milage. Looking at the forums it's mainly the fancy door handles give a bit of grief which would be under warranty anyway as any repair should be permanent. My passenger ones has had a moment or two but seems fine again, I'll flag it to them when she's in for the 1st service at 30k.

Advertisement