Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

You are likely right but it's just somewhere probably X that I read that the photo was reversed.

I know you are right about the left hand thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes, I read the same thing about it being reversed, but if it was , then the writing would be wrong too. No, I think someone (or ones !!!) were if trying to fake up ISIS involvement. But lots of little discrepancy's in any storys that come out of Russia. A big ven diagram is the best way to describe it. But for sure, whoever took and posted that pic, were not Muslims. Question is, who did take and post it? And why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

A bit on the nose, but…….. :D

An honest ( and brave ) man in Russia tells it as it is…

• Advertisement

Igor Kyivskyi

"In Russia, where there are several million security forces (police, national guard, etc.). Where, a second later, several police officers run up to the person and, if necessary, tie him up. But at the same time, “people” with machine guns calmly enter the shopping center, calmly kill Muscovites, and just as calmly leave the shopping center and drive away. And at this time, in such a large center and crowd of people, there were no police officers who could stop them?

And of course, we sincerely «believe» that all this was not planned by Putin and the FSB."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

What war? Russia hasn't got the navy to take Odesa ffs and you are worried about them invading us 🤣

This place sometimes…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

In regards to the post about Russia paying Europeans to influence votes well there are many ways to pay a person and its not always with money. I would be surprised if a few here aren't in hock to Russia in one way or another.

Dan.

There's different kinds of invasion though, isn't there? There's the undermining of society, of democracy, destruction from within, the hidden enemy. And Russia is a past master at all of them. And the West (and US/UK etc) have been under attack for a long time now. But at last, we are starting to wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Emblematic

On the photograph, my guess is that it is a deliberate fake by Russia, the purpose of which is probably to muddy the waters and distract people. To get four people to raise their left index finger in unison would require a specific instruction from the organizers of the photo. Simply not knowing how to do the gesture correctly would have most people raising their right index finger purely by coincidence since most will be right handed anyway.

And it seems to have worked. You have people online arguing over the photo, "knowledgeably" pointing out that Muslims raise their right finger to do the gesture so it have been the Ukrainians who carried out the attack and so forth.

The fake works in Russia's favour. That it is a poor fake also works in Russia's favour as the arguing over it online over whether or not it is a fake also helps Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭rogber

This is an official Isis publication? Then it seems noone has also told them that Muslims hold up the other hand when on their religious rants, because they're reproducing the "fake" photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭amandstu

Could this be double bluff?

I have no knowledge of this "left hand" thing (and so would qualify) but who would be stupid or iggorant enough to post this picture?

The Russians if they were caught on the hop?

It seems amateurish unless it was designed to be spotted.

I don't know if it's genuine or not. With the internet and AI, it is hard to know what's genuine and what's fake but this I do know for sure; Muslims consider the left hand the dirty hand because it's used in the toilet in a land where they don't have toilet paper only a jug of water. And also, for sure they would not be using it to point up to a flag that say's " There's no God but Allah, and Mohammad is his prophet" Which brings me back to my original point, just who are these guys? And who is their boss?

And from an employee of the Crokus theatre complex

• Registered Users Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Is balding Molly another way of saying balding paedophile?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

I guess so….just wait now for the grovelling apology !!! LOL (or transfer to Donbas)

I'd say it's gradually sinking in on people about Putin.

In a few years time the whole world that's not the FSB will be wondering how they were taken in by Kremlin propaganda showing Putin trying hard topless on a pony or where he hunted a pike bare shirted in the water for hours.

Looks like russians just don't care anymore for the paedophile dwarf. (Also why Putin killed Litvineko).

I'd say that it has sank into quite a lot of Russians the sort of leader that they now have, and while the population are definitely less "adoring" as they may once have been, he keeps an iron grip on them, and now more than ever, because he dares not show weakness. Like they say in Africa about the Cape Buffalo, hè's a dangerous animal at any time, but when he's wounded, he's at his most dangerous. And that's where Putin is now, at his most dangerous.

• Advertisement

Till all the buffalo killing lions attack en mass and bring the buffalo down..

He's only strong till the fsb decide to get rid. And fsb take note of the people.

Buffalo is too strong an image for putin. An ostrich surrounded by hyenas would be more apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Before his death, Litvinenko said: "You may succeed in silencing one man but the howl of protest from around the world, Mr. Putin, will reverberate in your ears for the rest of your life."

Seems no one has learned anything about Putin. Still free to wreak mayhem wherever he wants.

Lions will attack and bring down a single buffalo, but not one still with the herd. Presently, Putin is surrounded by his herd, and until that changes, he's safe, and at his most dangerous, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I used to have time for Elon Musk. Not any more. He clearly has some kind of dependency on Russia, either money or raw materials for his electric cars. It just makes no sense for him to keep talking Russia up when Putin is clearly on his way down. Europe has pledged too much to Ukraine to give up now.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

you touch on an interesting point, below is Scott Adams commenting on a David Sacks Tweet commenting on a Musk tweet (bear with me) , the gist of it is that we have been sold on emotional narratives of who should win over the difficult analysis of who is going to "win" (based on your definition I guess) and that the decisions, policies etc should be framed in reality not on what you want reality to be. Its not being pro Putin /Putinbot (insert insult of choice) to point out the reality as one sees it.

The high point for Ukraine was the end of 2022, questions have to be asked, was it incompetence in forecasting or were the yanks huffing their own supply or the yanks didnt care one way or another and hurting Russia was the main goal, that they didnt push for peace negotiations then as they should have known that Russian economy/military wouldnt collapse as predicted or that Putin wouldnt be taken out. The opposite has happened

It looks like European and some American politicians are suffering from a gambling sunk cost fallacy and arent capable of coming to rational decisions with the present circumstances sort of obvious.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

You’re way off.

America warned Ukraine the counter offensive would fail.

This was leaked in papers by that America soldier online.

Ukraine pushed ahead regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

"that they didnt push for peace negotiations then"

Why would anyone push for negotiations with putin when he has proved he does not believe in peace or with sticking to agreements or being in anyway honest or trustworthy?

You have tried to repeat this negotiated peace nonsense before and there is still no sign putin has any interest in peace.

the Yanks talked up the offensive, there might have been different/competing camps but as far as the public view of reality was set, the Russians were going to scarper when the NATO behemoths took to the field, which comes back to the theme of overstating Ukraine abilities and understating Russian ones.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

you wouldnt know if you didnt try, I believe General Milley thought they should have to, as it was when Ukraine had the better momentum. In the context that NATO got involved more than Russia probably thought they would, it would have been quite a sobering situation

• Advertisement

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/11/us-ukraine-counter-offensive-pentagon-leaks-reveal

US intelligence reportedly warned in February that Ukraine might fail to amass sufficient troops and weaponry for its planned spring counter-offensive, and might fall “well short” of Kyiv’s goals for recapturing territory seized by Russia, according to one of a trove of leaked defence documents.

Stop talking nonsense. The US knew and warned Ukraine it would fail. Your blame game talk is pure nonsense, just like Musk. Do a bit of research instead of Kremlin propaganda.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement