Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Wonder why he was there considering he was out injured for us.

That's daft..seriously why we do things like that is concerning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I'd prefer a draw. Arsenal are in superb form, for the most part, and are building belief by the game. Win at City and that could really push them on to really believe they can do it. Think many are writing them off too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Because he was fit by the time the international break came around. He was originally meant to be back playing for Liverpool in the FA Cup game.

This is one of the rare times when Liverpool could use the International break to their advantage with an injury-doubt player as it allowed Konate to work through his rustiness and get back to match fitness/rhythm again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I hear you but I still don't like it

Anyhow, main thing is he got through it without any problems.

We will need him at the toilet next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

all cup finals starting from tomorrow all about the wins now not the performance. YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,537 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

City haven't lost any at home, can't see Arsenal winning there, best result would be for them both to drop 2 pts, while we take 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A liverpool win, will leave us all to enjoy the big game. Hopefully an Arsenal win, with a few red cards each the cherry on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

IT would be the most typically us thing to just go ahead and drop points against Brighton tomorrow on the weekend we know for sure one of our rivals will drop points, or maybe both. If both games end in a draw tomorrow that will be confirmation to me that my premonition is coming in…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Again, has always been thus.

Good performances make it easier to win but it is always about the win, whether it is the first or last game of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Will take a scrappy win today as has been mentioned 3 points is most important thing today,especially with other 2 title rivals playing each other this looks likely that it could go down to the wire between the 3 teams,we get our points on the board and see what happens from there could be the best run in for league title in a long time, I'm going too try enjoy it anyway no matter what happens 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

with the clocks going forward does today’s game qualify as one of our hated early kickoffs?

I hope not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Because United have turned into Everton, their biggest hope each season now is hopefully beat Liverpool 😂

Post edited by citytillidie on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Wouldn't be at surprised to see that happen. The most important thing is that we win first and see what happens after that. That should be the goal for the rest of the season, win our own games and not worry what City and Arsenal do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,246 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Looks good, looking forward to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Hopefully i don't jinx them for today but it's mad to think that at the start of the season if Kelleher, Bradley and Quansah were starting a game together, I would be very wary of a win whereas now they just slot in no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Konate is on the bench, which alleviates fears that he was missing entirely.

It might be that they want Konate to start both Thursday & Sunday. He wouldn't have been able to start all 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

The only player in our squad that could improve that starting side would be Jota for Diaz.
    Bradley and Quansah really have grasped their opportunity this season, it’s great to see, and Gomez has been great at whatever position he has been asked to fill in.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I’d leave out Trent or Robbo if fit, just that the quality of their replacements hasn’t been that far away that their presence has been a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Tbh, I'd add Konate and Robbo to the last.

Notwithstanding how good Bradley has been and how Joe has improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why are we not in the conversation for the title? Every Sky conversation has been Arsenal win it’s their. Same with City. Why are we not being given the same reverence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

True!!

Like I’d even left out Alisson also, it just shows how good a squad Klopp has built, in previous campaigns we were bollo*ed when faced with a large injury list!

Exciting times ahead, let the run-in begin!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'm quite happy for Sky to build up the other two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Yeah, this would be my thinking. Let them get hard about the other two. 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Talisman

I think Robertson's best days at Liverpool are behind him, the physical exertion of the last 7 years has taken it's toll on his body. He has missed more games this season through a series of injuries than he had for his entire career. That could be down to bad luck, but he hasn't had the same sharpness due to the lack of games.

Provided Gomez doesn't get injured I'd be happy to see Robertson used as a super sub to build his fitness for the next month, the remainder of the season if needs be. It was around this time last season that Curtis Jones began to show what he could do and some part of his development was not having a surging fullback playing in his space on the pitch.

Gomez offers more defensive solidity on the left and the interplay between Elliott/Mac Allister/Jones/Szoboszlai and Diaz/Gakpo offers more of an offensive threat than Robertson's runs. He can have a bigger influence when introduced later on in games when his lack of match fitness won't negatively impact the balance of the team.

Good press by Nunez

lazy. Lazy defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Brutal start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,516 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Meh, it’s probably the best time to concede. I’m not worried just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,246 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

How many times have we conceded first now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Feels like we’ve been starting games poorly all season. No coincidence that we keep having to come from behind to win games.

• Advertisement

Need to get the next goal, preferrably sooner rather than later.

Not a good start, Brighton are 12th in away table, only winning 4, conceding 28, Sheffield bottom of away table, conceded 32. So need to chill, play our game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

No need for Salah to force that pass and give away possession.

Had the defence on the back foot from the break away

It's a foul

Not enough for a penalty is not in the rules of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Penalties were awarded for a lot less yesterday. No consistency again.

Though I don't think either warrants one.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

var again then

Tierney on VAR, so we’re 100% relying on the ref on the pitch getting the decisions correct today.

That's not enough for a pen, it would have been yesterday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Paul Tierney, are we surprised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,425 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

On first view it looked like he pulled Nunez arm back and stood on his heel. Haven't seen a replay though.

No way. That's great, what an obvious cheat that man is.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

it’s unbelievable really how consistent Tierney is with Liverpool.

So that is a foul, MacAllister barely touching Brighton player, but it was no penalty. rIGHT

Credit to Brighton, they have some serious balls to be playing like this at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,425 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They pretty much playing like this every week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Hard to see how that's a foul by Alexis but kit a foul on Nunez but there we are.

That ref is AWFUL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Coote determined to make his mark today I see.

WTF

NO FOUL, THEN A YELLOW, This is so corrupted, that's not a yellow FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Thanks for that, it must be the first year since I've moved out of my parents home that my mother didn't text me a reminder

• Advertisement
Advertisement