Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Lovely day again in Lucan, Celbridge, Maynooth. Sunny and dry. Feels colder than the 12-13C it's supposed to be though. It hasn't clouded over as forecast yet so enjoying it while it lasts. Next week looks dreary but not too wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Absolute cracker of a day here in Naas, mostly sunny, light breeze, been outside all day, warm in the sun,14 degrees.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 25,273 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Thermometer says 11c, cloudy and wet, but outside I can see my breath when exhaling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

13⁰ NE Galway

The day improved as the hours moved through afternoon. Quiet surprised really two dry days in a row in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Our first evening in summer time. I'd imagine few, if anybody here, would share my view, but I'm not a fan of longer daylight in our dreary climate. Great in decent weather, but a longer day looking out at a leaden sky doesn't do it for me. Up to now I've been happy to close it out by early evening and embrace proper night, especially in the cold and damp. Blinds down, soft lights on is cosy for me and an escape. Maybe that's why I like deep winter. Looking out at it now [broad but very grey daylight] and it's depressing imo. Today was ok enough here [Tralee] until about 5PM, downhill since. And no hiding from it anymore! Just gotta hope the weather eventually improves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Same here in Tipp,every single day there is either rain or showers,no let up whatsoever,no dry day. It's very disheartening

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Would you not say to your friends hey lets head for a bite to eat or a few drinks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Stunning day in Croker today for the Donegal v Armagh game. Was half expecting the clouds to close over and it to start lashing as soon as I got back home but I was pleasantly surprised that it was such a nice evening here too in the NW. A rare occurrence!
    I’ll be eating my words in the morning 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Yes, but preferably in darkness. 😉 Are nights out not better under the cover of dark? Nocturnal escapades and all that.😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Woke up to rain here I'm NCD but it then turned into a cracker of a day.

The opposite of yesterday which started well but turned out woeful in the end after the morning sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Three days of fine weather up to yesterday- well aside from a couple of brief heavy showers on Friday and Saturday. Sunday stayed fine throughout the day.

The breeze has helped to dry things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I'd take an Easter like this in Galway every year. A few showers but largely dry and plenty of sun. Everyone has their grass cut.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Miserable morning again in South Wicklow, raining all morning and just turned heavier now. A narrow band of rain heading north westward moving very slowly, probably will be over us for the day. Disappointing end to what was a better than expected weekend weather-wise.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Thankfully a nice day near Tralee, nice and bright with sunshine in and out between the clouds, very light breeze just now, outdoors all morning , about 13C or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Cold, grey afternoon in south Dublin.
    Was raining earlier but not now at the moment.
    What’s it looking like in Dublin for the week ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

Weather forecast was way too negative for Munster, at least around Tipp and west Waterford. No rain, mostly sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭champchamp

Raining all day here in Laois. I've never seen it as wet for so long 😩

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a miserable day here in Meath, raining all day, pigmuck rain, not the heavy rain but still the sort of rain that soaks you in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Alleluia. Sitting in the sun in cork and I’m actually taking off my top! Feels like yonks I could actually do this. Bring it on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,273 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Nice and dry in the whest. Carlow Weather guy was just on NT saying that March had normal rain in some western areas, but other areas got heavier rainfall totals than their average https://www.met.ie/climate/available-data/monthly-data

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

not a bad day at all in west Waterford. Plenty sun some passing cloud but if a breeze but you’d take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 goingmadted

Another decent day in clare. Tomorrow looking ok too. That will be about 6 days in a row i think. Mad **** altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Very nice day in East Cork 🙂 sunny and stayed dry for once

Your username is very adapt for a comment today,check our the date😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

April fools and all that.

A dry day in the West. More overcast than previous days; will take the dry day for the holidays.

Advertisement