Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

There's nothing there that refers to muslim staff objecting.

Why do you support Israeli colonising the occupied territories?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

If you find organized religion so problematic, surely you done agree to the nativity either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

"Organised religions are nonsense……….."

"But don't touch my nativity scene………"

"And also, I know that there are Americans who like to go and murder and steal land in the West Bank….but that's ok because their magic book says it's their land (conveniently enough) ……."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I was going to ask you to explain some of the things I wanted you to answer but I see Weepsie has asked them.

They are their neighbours the same way that lads who arrive from America or the UK and park their caravans on your front lawn and decided to progressively take over your garden and occasionally shoot some of your family members dead as they do so, would be your neighbours who are willing to share their land with you.

You appear to have an a la carte approach to religion.

Are you using it just to mask other prejudices?

And that's why you think its ok to colonise the occupied territories?

As I stated Israel wants the US to continue to support them and this was a deliberate act to guarantee it. Many could see it coming as Israel was losing support and out in the cold because of its genocidal actions..

• Advertisement

So you're happy with all the innocent children and women being murdered. Says a lot about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭batman75

It appears Israel is trying to provoke Iran with the attack in Damascus. Netanyahu is in doodoo once the war ends with his various domestic legal troubles which pre date this conflict. The use of the word war is even contentious. Aside from October 7 this is a one sided slaughter by the Israelis.

Big supporter of the Jewish religion "giving" the right to random yanks to steal Palestinian land though???

1948 or 2024. Doesn't matter. Once they can claim one of their grandparents qualified as "Jewish" it's all good.

And what is your basis for the rights of all those immigrants into Palestine at that time to stay there?

Would you be equally as supportive of the rights of Ukrainians if (hypothetically) they started violence against the Irish and seized property and land around Ireland?

So essentially what you're saying is that because of "Arab" aggression in 1948, the colonisation of the West Bank, Arab East Jerusalem and the Golan starting 1967, is justified.

There was violence and aggression before 1948 and it was , as it continuea to be both sides. Irgun (just one zionest group), carried out 60 attacks in 3 years before 48. There were other groups. Both the USA and UK thought the idea of a Zionist state was unworkable and it was still allowed to happen.

I imagine you're not remotely familiar with UNSCOP and the various heavy handed tactics used by the USA to get countries to change their mins.

Is it Arab aggression (nice somewhat generalisation there by the way) that sees Israel illegally displaces thousands of people, kick them out of their homes, steal their land, their animals and make them homeless refugees in their own state?

Wait til he finds out that Iranians aren't Arabs………..

BEst ignored at this stage and leave it to the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

• Advertisement

So you do support the colonisation of the occupied territories?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭combat14

Biden throwing his lot firmly in with israel

US to approve $18bn sale of F-15 fighter jets to Israel - report

The Biden administration is close to approving a major new weapons sale to Israel worth more than $18bn that will include up to 50 US-made F-15 fighter jets, according to a report.

The transaction would amount to the largest US foreign military sale to Israel since the beginning of the war in Gaza, CNN reported, citing sources.

It comes as the Biden administration is also expected to notify Congress soon of a large new sale of precision-guided munitions to Israel, it said.

The sale would include up to 50 new F-15 jets, 30 Aim-120 advanced medium-range air-to-air missiles, and a number of joint direct attack munition kits, which turn dumb bombs into precision-guided weapons, Politico reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I expect Iran will respond in due course and it won't be to Israel's liking. Very reckless actions by Israel. Do they think they have a divine right to exist, it has to be earned and it can just as easily be lost. This could very easily spiral out of control of all parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭SeanW

Since you want to make this about race; 61% of Israeli Jews are of MENA (Middle East North African) ancestry, that is, they are partly or wholly Mizrahi by blood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mizrahi_Jews_in_Israel

They are MENA natives. As whether the Mizrahi (who mostly vote Likud) consider the Ashkenazi/Russian Jews to be "random Yanks" I suspect they'd give you a very short answer.

Pick 100 random English people. 10 of them will, on average, have an Irish grandparent. Now confine ourselves to people in the UK of Irish heritage and ask the alternate question - what percentage of these have at least one English grandparent? I reckon it would be far higher than the 61% your go-to wikipedia tells you.

"Ancestry" gets spread out fairly quickly SeanW in a couple of generations. I think you are not really understanding the stats you are posting (as if they are significant of anything).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭combat14

israel have the same divine right to exist as iran

This broadly speaking sounds like something I could get behind. More broadly, it's in the interest of both Israel and the Sunni nations to work together against their common enemy, but a lot has to go right for that to work.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

beeker1 threadbanned

Wait … what … I didn't understand your analogy. And yes, it was you that brought race and national origin into it.

Israel is a Jewish state, and the majority of its Jews are partly or wholly native the MENA region, they or their ancestors may have lived somewhere else in the MENA region but they fled or decided to leave those countries and make their home in Israel instead. And AFAIK they mostly agree with the rules regarding the Law of Return. Indeed, given Mizrahi politics, I doubt they'd agree with your take on "random yanks" at all.

• Advertisement

1948 is a long time ago SeanW. You are going back to grandparents at least there. If 1% of the people who migrated to Palestine to steal lands were Irish, there'd be a significant percentage of the population of Israel with Irish ancestry. As time progresses people living in an area mix. Concentration will become lower, but the number of people with a particular "type" of ancestry will increase. So you throwing out a stat about X% of Israelis having some sort of ancestry is irrelevant.

Come back to Ireland in ~80 years and there will be a significant percentage of the population with Polish ancestry. And there will also be a significant percentage of the population with African ancestry. The "weight" of that ancestry in the individual will be less, but the percentage of people who have it will be more.

It's like the fact that a huge proportion of the population of Europe could trace their ancestry back to royalty. If you had access to the records you might find your own lines crosses with some king from the middle ages etc. After a while it becomes irrelevant to say "Person X has some Y ancestry"

The colonial influx of land grabbers and thieves in the middle of the 20th century was mainly from Europe and later the US. That they might have intermixed over time with some Jewish people from elsewhere doesn't change that.

If Russia holds onto Eastern Ukraine and the Crimea, with all their settlers pushed in there, can we come back and say in 80 years that most of the then populations of that region have some Ukrainian ancestry and therefore the settlers in 2024 were justified ………………. and that would be a slower intermixing due to the conflict.

Advertisement