Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Next "Possible" Car Discussion for the Mad_Lad

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Mad_Lad

I suppose I'm not driving that much to care about using some petrol, however, I see your points about the PHEV, in reality I would probably still be fine in a petrol.

Lets try some sums, not my strongest point by the way so forgive any errors.

If previously I was driving 800+ kms a week to now maybe 350

45 mpg petrol = 15.93 Km/Litre = 21.97 litres needed @ 1.77 a litre = 38.88 Euro

EV average 18 Kwh/100 kms, = 5.55 Kwh per Km = 63 Kwh needed @ 22 c/Kwh night rate currently = 13.86 a week or 25 Euro in the difference compared to EV, if you get leccy for 11 C/100 km it would be 31.95 in the difference for petrol.

Get a cheap petrol or just consider the Outlander diesel as the car to keep using when we can't be arsed bring the car to an area with crap infrastructure. The Outlander gives us the best of both worlds already.

So I suppose in reality financially paying the 18K to own the id3 is financially the soundest option because what kind if ICE would I get at that price ? I have the id3 from new and know it's history.

I think eagerev has good sound advice with the Model Y if buying new or 2nd hand EV from a financial perspective , the Model Y has come down a lot in price and if it had been that way at the time I bought the Id3 I probably would have given it serious thought, I see some 2nd had for around 38K on carzone for a 2023 which is not much more expensive than the EV 6 which is a 2023 with 87,000 kms vs the Model Y 2023 with 9500 Kms.

I think the model y should be worth consideration for Fits who hinted she's like something larger.

Still not sure about the screen/ergonomics in the Model y !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

*electric only. Add another 100 bhp from the engine for the combined 160 bhp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Double post deleted

Post edited by Busman Paddy Lasty on

Ah yeah, I was thinking power couldn't be that low. That's not so bad then.

OP, what about an M3? Like a proper M3? Buy a lovely BMW M3 before your not allowed.

Does it have to be an elec car you buy? Those tesla Y are pretty ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Forget about your 45mpg figure on petrol if you're looking at 530e. Add 50% on to that cost, you'll be somewhere low 30s

BMW M3 goes for mad money even those several years old, guaranteed to be abused. + the tax would be pretty high.

I agree, the Model Y isn't the nicest thing, probably due to aerodynamics but one couldn't ignore the value compared to other electric cars at the price it's going for now and while some of them have more battery capacity the Model Y is quite efficient and Tesla have a good charging network that most of us still have no access to despite Musk saying he's open up his charging network, he only has I think one or two sites in Ireland that are open, at least that was the case in December. I'd have to check the app.

Volkswagen's infotainment is not very good, it's a bit of a mess, the EV 6 is decent but very expensive compared to the Model Y, Ioniq 5 the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭User1998

Theres a 2023 Model Y being sold privately on DD which I reckon you could buy for €35k if you wanted to save a few quid over buying new

Not sure I fancy dealing with private dealer and handing over 35K, too risky on such a car in my opinion. But thanks for the link.

• Advertisement

Really? 1 year old car, 13,000km, full manufacturers warranty. Where is the risk?

Link isn’t working btw, but its an easy €10k to be saved judging by the spec!

it could be but the issue is the id3 and selling that privately first and people win't buy a car with outstanding finance.

Thats fair enough. Didn’t know you were trading in. Just to warn you if your thinking of buying new, Tesla don’t take trade ins. They sell your car to the highest bidder and their trade in values are abysmally low

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dand88

Out of interest was this one In carlow? Due to view an ev6 in carlow this week. Thanks

Apologies this was a reply to mad_lad in relation to the ev6 viewed with lots of scratches on bodywork and handles. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

The one he looked at was in Carlow alright. Listed on Done Deal.

:( that's the one I am due to view this week.

Mad_lad was it in quite bad condition? Did you pick up on anything else outside of the scratches? Thanks

There were a few more on there that were around the same price. Likely to be in better condition too. A couple with lower mileage.

Yes it was, the 2022 earth, not the GT, I wouldn't touch it at that price with such shabby paint work, they couldn't even try buff it up.

But, you can get 2nd hand model Y for around the same price and as eagerv says, a new My is around 42K.

I did like the interior mind you but not the steering feel, it felt awful to be honest which may have made the handing feel not so good, definitely the id3 is a lot better to drive but if you drive the 2 you will notice it, if you don't drive the id3 you won't either I suppose and might be perfectly fine with it.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I am coming from a leaf and my budget was around 35k. I really like the ev6 and fairly set on getting one. Being from carlow it was ideal to look at and hopefully get this one but I do like keeping my car clean and scratched door handles bodywork paint etc would bug me. I know it's 35k and was 55k new but to me anyway 35k is still a fair bit of money to hand out for something that wasn't minded. Do you know was the scratches and dullness just bodywork paint that could buff out or was there any other blemishes around the car out and what was inside, (chairs, dash, handles, carpets etc) like. thanks in advance.

Well, the sales chap told me that someone is seeking finance approval on it and if they get it they will buy it, I don't doubt him, as soon as I brought it back there was a couple looking for a test drive.

No, I wouldn't pay that price for a car with paintwork in such condition, scratches + really dull paint, for a 2022 it was shocking really.

The issue is that the cars are in high demand 2nd hand and many new commers to EV might ignore this due for the new and exciting EV experience but as eagerev says, for not a lot more you can get a brand new Model Y and he's a wise Man in many ways !

To be honest, the scratches around the door handles "might" buff out as it looks like finger nails. There was some other scratches around the car but I didn't take that good a look, I just saw it the way it was and said, "they're having a laugh" 87,000 Kms was it ? and paint work like that…..

There's a model Y on donedeal for around that price, might be worth a look, can't remember the mileage.

The last link isn't working but the one in Carlow certainly looked nowhere as good as these.

Yeah, noticed that. Odd because it works in the original post which is on the top of page two. No pictures of the car yet, I checked.

He told me there was no one currently in for it and after agreeing a price (subject to viewing) he said he would hold it for me ..the others either dident take it or he's holding it for a few people to ensure it goes 🤣. Thanks for linked others. I was looking at two of the three linked mainly the one from the kia garage to get the 0% or reduced finance, but again it was just nice to be able to get it local but sounds like it will be a pass on the one in carlow, will.view anyway to see.

Yeah, I think the one in Carlow is best avoided, if they sold it for 28-30K I'd say maybe but then you got the hassle of trying to clean up the paintwork.

And one more question, outside of the exterior paint being swirled and dull, did you pick up on anything else on the car inside or out I think you mentioned scratched handles inside i presume. Also they told me battery soh is 100% not sure how the garage is reading it but would have expected to see some degrading on the battery after two years and nearly 90k kms. Thanks

I'm sure the battery has degrades some, but I can't say how much.

Scratches were all outside from what I observed, Inside was pretty nice compared to my id3, I just think it was a bit on the expensive side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement