Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭combat14

america are supplying equipment to their ally to protect them from iranian aggression

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭SeanW

Not quite, the proportion of those who made Aliyah from the MENA region is quite large.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliyah

In particular, 650,000 came from the Arab world and 70,000 came from Iran. At no time in Israel's history has the US been a large source of Jewish emigration to Israel. The Mizrahi influence remains strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Not sure if we can confirm yet, but rumours or "breaking stories" on Reddit And twitter of an Irish worker murdered by Israeli forces. (Also said other victims were Polish, Australian and UK)

Wait and see if the gets confirmed

Horrible if true

Edit:

Mainstream picking up on it

No mention of am Irish person yet. Footage online shows the passports of UK, Poland and Australian not Ireland. That might be later or early reports are wrong.

Post edited by TheValeyard on

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭TokTik

Irish UN worker, working for World Central Kitchens murdered by Israel. Time for the government to get serious. Get the Occupied Territories Bill passed, kick out the poisonous ambassador and shun them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

So you are saying that it was all built on a lie? All the claims towards the West for a homeland for Jews due to atrocities inflicted upon them in Europe. The story now is that it was just Middle Eastern Jews who decided to profit off that suffering of others and leverage it to get themselves a foothold into Palestine.

Interesting take. I don't think I've seen it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭lizzyjane

30+ thousand dead in Gaza. Over half of them innocent children? Israel is a terrorist state and backed by the U.S who are up to their neck in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭combat14

no one would be dead if hamas terrorists hadnt brutally attacked israel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭SeanW

That's kind of a weird take. The Zionists wanted a Jewish state and so lots of Jews went there, from all over the world starting with WWII survivors and then MENA natives. I don't know what role MENA native Jews had in the founding of the State of Israel, however.

Sorry. Wasn't aware this conflict started in October 2023..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ah yes was wondering why the thread blew up today.

Looks like with Bibi's pretext for genociding more Palestinians running out of both steam and international support he needed to piss on a hornet's nest to keep the protestors off his back calling for a new government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The regime has killed so many innocent people in the last six months with their indiscriminate bombing of Gaza. I imagine this will be met with a lot of anger tomorrow (reports that a British aid worker was also killed in the same strike as well as a Pole and an Australian citizen).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Are people who reply with this just pure thick or on the wind up?

Does any sane person apart from the blood thirsty psychopaths who support Israel believe what they are doing in Gaza makes them any way safer? The world is looking on in disgust, they are now a pariah state more than ever.

But Regina Gigantic Illness, Israel isn't a nuclear state… !

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

You can't have it both way SeanW. The Israelis are fond of trying to talk out of both sides of their mouth at once. But you can't claim they were all "in the area" beforehand (even though they were not in Palestine …….. so you are even then only saying the equivalent of "someone is entitled to live in Crimea because sure they were living in Russia before the invasion") but at the same time claim they were all coming from persecution in Europe.

Anyway, the reports coming in of yet another Irish person killed by Israel. So I'm not in form for any more of your postings and your idolisation of them.

Doctors Without Borders attests that IDF murdered hospital staff point blank

https://www.mediaite.com/uk/doctor-says-idf-executed-medical-staff-point-blank-in-al-shifa-hospital-operation/

“I am just shocked that we’re still having this conversation. They executed tens of people, point blank, including one of our colleagues, Dr. Ahmad Maqadmeh, who’s a very experienced plastic surgeon. Him and his mother, who’s also a physician. They executed people point blank. And including many of our who’ve been detained now, we haven’t heard back from them. Previous students of mine, detained, young doctors detained. We don’t know if they’re dead or alive. They have been gone for over 100 days. So, to say that this is a strategic targeting of Hamas is an insult to our intellect and our humanity. This is a destruction of people who heal. This is a direct targeting of healthcare workers. I just want to paint a very brief picture of what healthcare workers are telling me there: They’re saying that when they leave the hospital, civilians give them civilian clothing because wearing scrubs is sticking a target sticker on their back. That is how systematically healthcare has been targeted. And frankly, in the last 24 hours, what we’ve seen from Al-Shifa Hospital, what we’ve seen from Al-Aqsa Hospital, and what I worry is coming to the remaining hospitals of the Gaza Strip, because it has been the pattern and we will not ignore it, is a direct and systematic targeting of health care that is unjustifiable.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

Zionist murderers. They are every bit as bad as the Russian's.

I think this week may be the tipping point for that godforsaken regime and its dictator. The stories from the hospital, the bombing of the Iranian consulate and the murder of the aid workers.

The Israelis and gazans, will be safer when Hamas are removed from power.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It won't be. The American Government won't suspend military aid to Israel. The Israeli Government know it too. They would not have launched the attack on the Iranian consulate in Syria otherwise.

No doubt some posters on here will defend the Israeli attack on the consulate in Syria as a pre emptive attack in the name of self defense, yet they would be up in arms if another country applied the same doctrine to senior IDF figures. They'll probably excuse the killing of the aid workers on the basis that bad things happen in war . They might even try to pin the blame on Hamas. What they won't do is criticise the Israeli Army. If the IDF dropped a mini nuke on Gaza they would still find a way to excuse it somehow.

• Advertisement

Will that include all the thousands of dead and maimed Palestinian kids?

Lives ruined. They are people too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Jesus there is no end to how low Israel can go.

Vile SCUM.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The Gazans won't be safe until Israel are actually held to a standard that other countries are in terms of how to treat human beings and not treat them as cattle.

We're going on decades now of unprovoked attacks , illegal settling, internment.

How many times have groups of children been targeted. It's not isolated. Bombed playing on street. Snipered playing on beach. Shot walking to shops.

Yes, of course it would be better without Hamas, but we're well past the stage of pretending that they're the bigger problem now.

You can't come up with a single, factual retort to anything. It's all but they're the bad guys or they're going to kill them all. Or some absolute drivel like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

Supporting and aided by the present commander in chief of the US let's not forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Yep. It's important to remember that DNA is traced based on current populations and not historical populations.

So if someone in the US does a DNA test and gets 10% irish, it means that 10% is in common with the irish population when the sample was taken. It's not based on archaeological DNA that was discovered.

Since so many israelis came from Europe they have large amounts of european DNA. They also have some amounts of DNA going back to the semitic populations in the Levant. However all the arab populations in the Levant will have that semetic DNA but without the chunk of european DNA.

Personally I find it mad that people use the percentage amount of DNA to say whether someone has a right to be a citizen of a country. Or to claim that they have some right to be in a country.

I can't see the logic of saying that some guy who's family have been living in America for 100 years and before that in europe for 1000 years, should have any right to live in any place because of a certain percentage of DNA he shares with some other people.

I did the DNA test with 23andme. I'm 100% paddy. It comes back and says something like 100% Ireland. And then 100% British isles. However my surname is Norman. So in the far past I will have had ancestors who were french and Norse. Should I be entitled to have a place in Norway or France?

Israel is a modern, civilised, democratic country.

• It wants to succeed and grow economically like the rest of the developed world.
    • It has one of the highest standards of living in the Middle East.
    • It is one of the world’s most technologically advanced countries.
    • It has survived multiple full-on attacks from its Arab neighbours, but is now working towards normalised relations with those through peace treaties and trade deals.
    • While ostensibly a Jewish state, there is freedom of religion; over a quarter of the population are non-Jews (e.g., Israeli Arabs).

Hamas is a combination of Islamist terror cult, oppressive fascist regime, and organised crime mob.

• It wants to eliminate all Israeli Jews (whether by forced migration or by genocide is undecided).
    • It wants to replace the whole of Israel with a Sunni Muslim fundamentalist theocracy.
    • It promotes antisemitic conspiracy theories and teaches Gazan schoolchildren to hate Jews.
    • It devotes all Gaza’s aid and resources to anti-Israel war and terrorism rather than Gazan economic growth or social development.
    • It does not believe in human rights, but instead actively opposes things like equality for women, free speech, the right to protest, freedom of religion, public health and safety.
    • It throws gay men from rooftops to their death.
    • It ignores Gazan women who report being victims of domestic violence.
    • It publicly executes moderate Gazans who disagree with its policy of eliminating Israel.
    • It steals the foreign aid intended for suffering Gazan civilians.
    • And it expects those same civilians to die in their thousands — while they (Hamas) hide in underground tunnels — in order to demonstrate how awful those evil Jews are to poor, innocent Palestinians.

I would strongly dispute the "modern, civilised, democratic" description of Israel. If they applied for membership of the EU, they would be refused entry owing to multiple violations of human rights (long before October 7th). They are probably a more violent version of Lukashenko's Belarus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭Odhinn

"civilised" ?

Israel has legalised torture.

Despite being the occupying power over millions of Palestinians, it denies them even the basic protections of the geneva conventions.

It is steadily colonising the west bank, Arab east jerusalem and the golan, all of which are outside its legal borders.

It either assists or turns a blind eye to "settlers" violence against Palestinian farmers and Palestinians in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭scottser

And yet Israel is quite happy to flout international law, murder UN aid workers, starve innocents and can't deny claims of genocide. But yeh, it's all about Hamas. There just isn't enough eyeroll in the world for you, kiddo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement