Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Tbh only for the day that's in it,it wouldn't surprise me with the way the weather is at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Bitterly cold and misty in Lucan. Bitterly cold and foggy in Celbridge. Love a morning like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

Sun is in and out in D9, cold in general but sun is warmer sheltered from the breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Dull and cold rain doesn’t look far away. Met Eireann not hopeful of any improvement either judging by report in the times today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

GFS doesn't show any prolonged sun or high pressure right out to the end of the run still.

That said, Easter weekend was like therapy down in Cork. Three nice days overall with rain at night - I can manage that. Could actually sit on the beach (with an extra layer on) yesterday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,273 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Pouring rain in Galway city for the past hour. Nothing on Met radar though, go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

If you click on the Play button in the Radar, you will see a shower emerge at around 15:00 right over the city for about an hour. We got a heavy shower too in west Galway and I can see a few more in the distance.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭pureza

Rains just started here in Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The radar in Shannon is offline (surprise surprise) so no coverage for the west and south.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dry and bright day NE Galway. Rain holding off.

Four days in the West and been so good tp have dry and indeed some sunny conditions. Wonder how high my grass is back in the Royal County lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Robwindstorm

The Royal County was poor yesterday until late afternoon. Constant cold drizzle blowing on an icy easterly. Much better today with sunshine but cloud now with icy easterly again ahead of the inevitable 🌧

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Normal service resumed after a nice morning in Cork, utter crap. Long range suggesting things might pick up later next week, fingers crossed because an end to this nonsense is badly needed for a whole host of reasons.

dirty evening out there’s cold and wet.

That would really be good news. The bar is so low I think anything would be an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Someone posted this pressure anomaly chart on netweather last week. Shows how much low pressure we have had since last July. The one area in the whole of the Northern hemisphere lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 rbelmc

greetings from Sweden

the weather never fails to surprise-the first half of the winter was the snowiest since 2010 and then the 2nd half was mostly mild with occasional snowy spells

this weekend decent spring temperatures arrived for the first time and we got up to 13 degrees here in Norra Gotaland yesterday with a nice bit of heat in the sun while I worked in the garden

so the change back to winter weather here today has been incredible

we had our biggest one day snowfall of the whole winter and I measured 47 cm at 9pm with a temperature of minus 2

up in the north of Sweden it was the coldest April morning in 68 years at minus 30 in Nikkaluokta

currently the two major motorways in Sweden-E4 and E20 are blocked due to the conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭pureza

Wet night here in Arklow

East wind

• We have had little to no rain since Thursday afternoon of last week in south Donegal. It has been beautiful spring weather and has really dried up our garden.

I was worried about the poor farmers and their planting in the sodden ground, so hopefully this dry spell has helped them. A beautiful sunny and memorable Easter weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ros4Sam24

Has been lovely in north Roscommon since last Thursday also very good drying weather.Sad to hear change is on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very wet in Galway since around 8pm non stop rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Out for a smoke and the bats have eventually awakened ha. Almost flew in to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Bats freak me out. When we go down to Cork for a week or two during the summer to stay in an old house my in laws have , going out the back for a smoke and sometimes some of them do be flying about at night, freaks the s#it out of me lol . One night one got in the house downstairs and I ran into the downstairs toilet to escape as it was flying about the hallway lol. I just find them creepy AF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

haha not a fan of them either but used to them. One hasn’t flown in to me yet even though they’ve brushed past my face a couple of times with their ekk. My granda was cycling one night and one flew in to his neck and got stuck in his shirt collar and bit him. I’m sure that’ll help your phobia haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

You know the way people come on here and post when they are away about the lovely weather?

Well we are in Paris and it's absolutely bucketing down! It's rained every day since we got here🫣.

In fairness on Mon and Tues while it did lash it was only for 2 to 3 hours then it dried up and on the plus side the queues were shorter in Disneyland during the rain!

Kids still having an absolute ball though, it's an amazing place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

So last week there was lots of posts about the "bad" weather in Spain and Portugal. We just came home last night, drove home from the airport in the pouring rain and woke up again to dull, grey skies! Yes it rained when we were away but we had a lovely time. The rain was mostly at night so didn't affect is at all. The sun was out and being able to sit out in t-shirt and shorts and feel the sun on your skin was just amazing. Plus Portugal is lovely and green. Rather be there this morning!!!

Enjoy your trip. Disney is amazing. We went in January and it rained but like you say the queues are shorter so it's a win win!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice day here just outside Castlebar. Mix of cloud and sunny spells. Light winds

Thanks Sammy having an amazing trip.

While it has rained over the past three days what's astonishing is how accurate the forecasting app has been, so you can plan around the weather.

This morning we knew it would be torrential until 11am and like Disney magic it stopped raining exactly when it said!

It also said it would get warmer as week went on and it has, again that helped with the packing.

I know, I know we are an island off the Atlantic ocean but its shocking how inaccurate our forecasts are.

Sun out here now😎

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

there's supposed to be a heatwave in paris over the weekend, if you're still around, high 20s i believe

Yep we seen that on the app, nope we will be home by then typicial!

In fairness I wouldn't want to be in Disneyland with temperatures in high 20s we would fry😁

• Advertisement

decent day today pig of an evening cold rain dark skies. This extra hour brightness is not worth a curse really at the moment

Advertisement