Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legal

• 03-04-2024 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

what do I do when my solictor has lost my 99 year lease agreement at considerable cost on myself on a lane way that I created and the lease has also been stolen from my house and now the landowner wants me off it

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭phildub

Were the leases registered with registry if deeds, tailte eireann or RTB? That might be your first step

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

So......the lease the solicitor has is missing and the one you have was stolen.…....... I think it's a conspiracy with the landowner behind it.

They'll wipe out anyone that knew about its existence next.. Be careful. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16 joethegrinder

the lease agreement that the solicitor lost was not registered with the land registry

He also lost unregistered property deeds on a farm of land that can’t be tracked

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭phildub

Unregistered property is registered in the registry of deeds. If a lease was for 99 years it should have been registered at the very least in the registry of deeds. If it hasn't been your solicitor will need to do up a deed of rectification to register your title. Did you take a mortgage out on the properties? If not then where are the rest of the deeds other than the lease? When did your lease begin, its possible some of the records have been scanned onto a system somewhere. Easiest thing to do is talk to your solicitor as the last person to hold your title

the lease agreement was drew up in 2009 and the solictor who drew it up lost his license

In 2014 for fraud. The solicitor who took over the business told me that the secretary who

Worked there took the computer with her and the deeds. There was a historical trust on the

Deeds in our favour but the man on the land wants us off the lane and says there never was

A lease agreement (his mother signed it in 2009) the copy of lease stolen in 2017 from my house. It never was registered in land registry or reg of deeds

The lane runs through unregistered land and folio numbered land that she owns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

So not only did yours get stolen but when the solicitor lost it, it was because he got arrested for fraud and his secretary then stole the lease and other legal documents..…c'mon…

This has got to be a wind up

the solicitor took money from customers and got done for it, not my lease agreement.

Can you tell me is he liable for my lease agreement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Sounds like a Mossad special op. On the positive side, they probably had to take a break from their normal murdering of Palestinian women and kids to hatch and put into action "operation steal lease"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Folks. Having something stolen from your house does not mean it was a clock and dagger-style, middle-of-the-night burglary. It could have been as simple as the neighbour taking it while after they had been invited into the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,769 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Is he liable for your lease? Well, yeah, if you can prove that the lease existed, and that he lost it, and that you are at a financial loss because of that, you can sue him for damages to compensate you for the loss you have suffered.

Obviously, there's going to be issues about proving all that.

Even more obviously, by your own account the guy has perpetrated unrelated frauds, and if so there are other people out of pocket because of his activities, so you'd be joining what could be quite a long queue to claim money off him. You have to ask yourself whether spending time and money on pursuing this claim might be throwing good money after bad.

From the story you tell, the most promising avenue for you to pursue is to track down the secretary who took the files. Hopefully she still has them, and she can perhaps be persuaded to give you yours, so that you can establish the existence of the lease, and then assert it against the owner of the land.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

All that remains is for someone to blame the dog! Wonder if the secretary had a dog….

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I think you are screwed. I spent a time doing fraud and insolvency investigations and I heard some very tall tails…..

I can't imagine any member of the judiciary believing so much corruption, fraud and theft around a single event… you'd need to have a couple of points where you can pin your story to evidence that can be verified by a third party to have a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

The crooked solicitor will be a dead duck, but maybe there might be a few bob in the law society compensation fund?

Advertisement