Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,537 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Haaland dropped, City far better, 4-1, not enough to grab 2nd. Need goals tomorrow, hopefully they flow in .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ill take a win tomorrow, and save a bit of energy for Sunday, over racking up a big scoreline chasing goal difference.

Actually I'll just take a win!

One thing I was half thinking about today. Playing Sheffield United Thursday will kind of be a nice dress rehearsal for Sunday because the teams will sort of set up similarly. At Anfield, Man Utd set up quite defensively with bodies behind the ball and tried to hit us on the counter. Playing very deep and not giving up any space in behind. Given their injuries in defence, I suspect that they will do the same again this weekend. Sheffield United will do it anyways under Wilder.

After tomorrows game, 4 of the next 5 are away, key times, need to make it through, won't be easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

No, I'm pretty sure it was a different incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

a few changes in team tonight and a win will do we would love a 4 goal plus margin but if we have to scrap our way in tight goings going forward so be it just get those W. As for set up most teams will defend deep in numbers against us anyway .

I'd take a 1-0 now.

Don't care how scrappy it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think we may need goals. We need to make up ground on Arsenal, and if we can stay ahead of City's goal difference, we can actually afford to lose a match and still finish ahead of them.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah I don't think we are that clinical lately so would be happy to win and maybe rest one or two and hope utd have a gruelling evening in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jack747

I think Klopp will go as strong as he possibly can and try absolutely pump them. Also he really doesn't like Wilder either. I think if we can an early goal, we really should go after it.

At the end of the day, the title could easily come down to goal difference and this is one of the games that you would look and say that you have a chance of improving it. They could end up not getting the win or scraping a 1nil win but I think goal difference will be Klopps mind tonight. Sends a message to Arsenal aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

I thought Arsenal would pad their GD last night so tonight is an opportunity to reel that in, that said I’ll take a 1-0 win all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Arsenal were pretty lethargic. I expect us to be too. The top teams will likely be conserving energy wherever possible without disrupting rhythm too much. Our best bet might be to try and batter them quickly and early, then just manage the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yes all fun going for goals but at this stage of the season it is more important to pick up the 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like Jota, Trent and Allison will be back doing some sort of on pitch training next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Talisman

It's reported that Barcelona can't afford to pay Amorim's release clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Barcelona haven't a lot to pi55 in, all borrowed money and Lal of their chips put on the UEFA Super league gravy train bailing them out.

For tonight, won the game and let the goals look after themselves. With gsmes every 3 days, it's often be hard for attackers to keep fresh and in their toes to get lots of goals.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Ah **** it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

If you want the Tweet in the post, just change x.com to twitter.com. 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Why any manager or player would go there is beyond me. Especially if they're up and coming.

Matip and thiago are the only ones who should consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

We should have scored 4 or 5 goals against Brighton. Mo was out for a long time, think he will be sharper this evening, get an early goal and then we definitely can get a big win. Obviously it is all about the win but goal difference could decide the winners of the league given there are 3 teams so close in points. We are +2 goals on City and 3pts ahead if we win, getting a 3/4 goal win tonight could be worth a point versus City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Could see Konate & either Robbo or Kostas start in defense, Gravenberch start in midfield & Gapko in the front 3

Some talk that Gravenberch starts alright with Endo missing out through injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Konate & Gravenberch seem to be starting, rest the team the same going by twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yep u have it right,no Endo even on the bench. Jones on the bench alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Betfair have SU at 35/1 😲

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Win is main thing tonight hopefully without any drama

Hope Endo is ok for Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yasser Larouci on the bench for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hoping Endo is just precautionary. Not a huge fan of Mac moving back into the 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,818 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Standard start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Nearly managed to concede in the first minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Jesus WTF?

We need to wake up

Shaky start as usual

These slow starts are very f******g annoying!

That's brilliant from Nunez

Shame someone didn't gamble the same

Hahhahahhahhahahhahba

1-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Goalllllllllllll

Nunez boom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭hynesie08

He Cantona'd the ball into the goal.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

That'll do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nunez works So Hard Off The Ball…… Delighted for him !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ah lads, that's a class goal. Especially coming so soon after he sprintedto get that cut back, 2 great examples of never giving up and determination from Darwin.

• Advertisement

Hopefully that relaxes us.

Well done Darwin, what was the poor keeper at.

The difference between Nunez and Diaz in 2 minutes there.

Nunez is an optimist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Really excellent from Darwin - he didn't just half heartedly close down the kick out either, like plenty of forwards do, he really went for it and forced the error.

Did all the hard bits.

Nunez in full 'magnificent beast' mode tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nice move between the front 3 there but Diaz just needed to hit it when it came to him

• Advertisement
Advertisement