Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So "X" - nothing to see here. Elon's in control - Part XXX **Threadbans in OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

That was poorly worded (suprise) as tons of people complaint today about it. It means 2500 blue tick followers.
    On the plus side, you can hide your newly gained free blue tick, for free! The shame of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah that's why I wasn't too sure about the thing with it being subscribed followers due to how few people that would apply to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

As Quin opines though perhaps it's linked to success: for sure with someone like Musk whose gigantic wealth shielded him from life's organic rebuffs … but IT was ('til recently) a career path where you could achieve great success and seniority - financial or otherwise - quite quickly compared with other industries, ones that required a more careful climb up the ladder.

So faster than others these man-children were sitting higher up the food chain without having had the time to grow emotionally - so their development was completely arrested at some college level fuckwít stage. And with that would then come all this latter-day whaaaa, the wimmin and gay people don't like it when I shít on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Would have been the point for me although I'd been seeing general hints before that. The Thai diver just showed him to be properly dangerous. Even the hijacking of that event to self promote was properly off putting without the paedophilia accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,257 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I know at the time he started Space X I thought he was cool. By the time of the Thai diver I was either certain he was an asshole or that confirmed it but I can't remember for certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

This is a good podcast series on Content Moderation in Social Media. The last few episodes focus on more on Twitter but the whole the series is worth a listen.
    A bit like the current discussion of Musk’s immaturity, they ask the same question of Zuckerberg. Why does he deny the harm his platforms are doing? Because he’s been at it seem he was 19. He doesn’t know anything else and is blinkered because of it.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001w207

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

In hind sight that should have been a massive red flag, as we've seen with QAnon etc. it's a special type of person that casually accuses others of being a pedophile.

Another telling aspect was how many were happy to accept it as true at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Yep usually a few cans short of the six pack, or are just projecting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,213 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

That article claims several times that musk hates her giving to charity - but I don't see a single quote which proves that? It's clear he does not like her but there's nothing stating it's because she donates to charity. The headline on the article is fiction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The inference being drawn, as far as I can interpret, is that Scott's donations to DEI promoting charities is the cause of Musk's hyperbole over the "threat to western civilization" in the first place. It's the latest cause-de-jour of the more distinctly right leaning mouthpieces, talking loudly with faux concern about airplanes dropping out of the sky 'cos black people might be piloting them (IIRC this was an actual scenario Musk himself rowed in behind). Not racist you understand, no no, just that guy with the really good tan mightn't know how to fly a plan 'cos of "diversity".

In reality, DEI does sound like the usual round of empty corporate fluff that lets them affect equality - and dodge potential lawsuits - without actually putting the leg work into things. But wow wee it's mad how triggered this manchild is by it that he's now picking on this random woman. Can take the man out of Apartheid SA but can't take the Apartheid SA out of the man eh?

In other Musk news, he recently had to sit for a deposition because someone is suing him for damages because Musk falsly suggested a 22 year old Jewish guy was part of a Neo-Nazi brawl that was captured on film.

Not only did he have no real recollection of it and believes he should be able to do it anyway because FREE SPEECH, but he also had to admit he used a fake Twitter account for his own son and would roleplay as his son.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elon-musk-burner-account-role-play-toddler-son_n_66140de1e4b0c063ffb9e8a0

Although the account is not mentioned by name in the deposition transcript, Monday’s court filing contained an exhibit of the @ErmnMusk account that was shown to Musk during his testimony.

Asked about the account during the deposition by attorney Mark Bankston, who is representing Brody, Musk confirmed it was his but dismissed it as a “test account.”

“No, I would not use this account,” Musk testified. “It was just used for — for testing.”

Musk repeated the claim later in his testimony.

“I briefly used this account as a test account,” he said.

In 2022, Musk used the account while interacting with Michael Saylor, the executive chairman of MicroStrategy and a Bitcoin promoter, and Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky.

Musk asked Saylor, “Do you like Japanese girls?” in one post and said the following to Chesky in another: “I wish I was old enough to go to nightclubs. They sound so fun.”

In an April 2023 post on the account, Musk wrote, “I will finally turn 3 on May 4th!” Musk and Grimes’ son, X Æ A-12, was born on May 4, 2020.

In Monday’s court filing, Bankston alleged that Musk deleted the account in February, on the same day as the court’s discovery order. The posts can still be seen across internet archive websites.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He also claimed that he didn't think they guy was that badly impacted because "only a few million people saw his reply, which is way less than the numbers that view a primary post from him"

The guy had to move house because of the threats..

Musks arrogance is stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,428 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

On a mental level, there's just so much wrong with Musk. I know he has autism or Asperger's or whatever the hell it's called these days, but there's something deeper at fault too. Certainly not all the cylinders are firing with this guy. His casual disregarding nature says there's more going on than just being rich and not going a damn.

There comes a point when even loaded, arrogant, wankers sit back and say to themselves, "Jesus, what the hell am I doing?"

Autism community has very mixed feelings on Musk too. He basically said ages back that the Neuralink could "cure" autism. So I'd say he's a wannabe eugenicist tbh which haven't been really a mainstream thing for decades thankfully...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He's a malignant narcissist utterly convinced of his own brilliance and like all narcissists he is incapable of accepting criticism or challenges to his "authority".

He's also incredibly immature and socially awkward so his reactions to those "attacks" and petulance and stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I thought one of the main principles of Libertarianism was donating money to charities, rather than paying millions in taxes to the Government.

I'd say it who she chooses to give the money to that is annoying him, not the principle. But then Musk and principles, he's very selective about them!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Pretty sure one of the main principles of Libertarianism is to say that people should donate to charity rather than paying the government in taxes, while actually just keeping your money for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Now, now Penn.

Them roads and schools will build themselves.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 16,257 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Generally I'm ok with self diagnosis. But with him I'm not sure if he's autistic or if he thinks he can use it to excuse some of his actions. Or maybe he just thinks it's cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭francois

More on the deposition, Musk's sock puppet account trolling his ex

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1778110767809634540

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Outsourcing the AI work to people in cheaper labour markets was Amazon's idea first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,198 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Tesla laid off 15000 people two days ago and today the board is asking shareholders to approve Elons 56 billion pay deal that was struck down earlier this year by a judge

Post edited by VinLieger on

Did they actually move the company incorporation from Delaware to Texas as he threatened when he lost this earlier this year?

How do they justify this ?

Just laid off 15k employees , Stock price at its lowest level in ~5 years , Sales Revenue has cratered but Elon thinks he deserves the largest CEO payout in history????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,198 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

They have never justified the payment which is one of the reasons the delaware judge invalidated it.

It really reads like the board are just begging the shareholders seemingly under the worry that elon might leave if they don't give this to him….. oh no whatever will they do without him.

I also read they haven't maintained the requirements that were needed to approve the payment which was 650 billion market cap, they did achieve this and got to over 1 trillion but have since dropped to 450 ish due in large part to….. elon

• Advertisement

Tesla having to recall all Cybertrucks to replace the accelerator pedal, because the cover on top of the pedal can slide up and become stuck against the footwell, thereby meaning the accelerator becomes stuck pressed down.

I've also seen recent reports that you have to put your car in a special "car wash" mode if going through a car wash, because otherwise water is likely to get into the electrics. Extremely heavy rain can also cause the same thing, with one Tesla owner (not a Cybertruck, a diferent Tesla car I think) in Scotland having to pay thousands to get his car fixed after extremely heavy rain, something which Tesla said isn't covered under warranty.

Honestly, who the hell would buy one of these things? Sure, Tesla were pretty much first out of the gates with EVs and gained a huge foothold, but now, why on earth would you choose one of these rather than any other EV?

Advertisement