Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Sure the cars were deliberately spread out over something like 2 miles. It isn't the case that they were all beside each other. They had given their plans to the IDF and traveled along what was supposed to be a safe route. That is why the aren't getting away with their usual lies so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I think he is exaggerating. The UK politicians need to do some performative outrage for now, but it will die down. It wont have any lasting impact to the UK-Israel relationship.

I'd pick him up on one minor - but still relevant - point. He says the aid workers were killed by Israeli ordinance. That's incorrect. Israel long ago ran out of its own bombs and missiles. They were killed by US and British ordinance. And the US will keep sending more, regardless of whose killed.

Not directly related but I often see the comparison between apartheid South Africa and modern Israel. I get the logic, but I think it actually underplays the exceptional nature of Israel's activity. Whatever about apartheid, Israel has gone far beyond that into the realms of attempting genocide. It might be slow and creeping in Israel itself and the West Bank, but its loud and violent in Gaza. Its a genocidal state, not an apartheid state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

There is zero doubt the cars were targeted on purpose. The Israeli government has lost the plot completely and we now have a rogue state with nuclear weapons who are desperate for Iran to do something big in order to get the green light to attack them. Would they use nukes i doubt it but we aren't dealing with a rational actor anymore so who knows.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

there you ago again, "the jews". why frame it like this? what is the goal here. You're the person here accusing people of antisemitism, yet you're the one loading the gun.

Israel has a storied history of supporting terrorism by proxy too. Given you're such a philosemite, you'll be aware of the Lavon affair. The many, many countries in South America, Africa and Asia Israel supplied with arms and "consultancy" to some of the most despotic regimes going during the 70s and 80s,

There;s the FLLF in Lebanon in the 80s. Israeli forces posing as Lebanese terrorists to undermine Lebanon.

Then the killing of numerous Iranian scientists and civilians over the years too. THe use of Sunni rebels from pakistan to carry out attacks on Iran.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

And they may be fundamentalist, but so is the notion of a Zionist state. Any ethnostate is essentially a haven for fundamentalist whackjobs. Israel are in very good company with their neighbours on those stakes. Their fundamentalism just has a different flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You will travel a long way to find a bigger whack-job, murdering and conniving race than the present Israelis. Cheering on the murders, preventing aid entering and calling foe even more bombings of women and children, not to mention advertising sites for settlers on the seafront in Gaza. If you want bloodlust whack-jobs then look no farther.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

It's the existential threat narrative he uses hence needing to say the Jews instead of Israelis. If Iran wanted to kill all Jews they are doing a bad job of it given they have an indigenous Jewish population and even have a Jewish member of parliament.

And before he or any other of the usual suspects chime in, no I don't agree with Iran wanting to attack Israel or Israelis, and no I'm not claiming Iran is a progressive country (I've also been there so I am also speaking with first hand knowledge) or whatever else I'll be accused of for pointing out these facts. And in case we still have to condemn Hamas, I condemn Hamas.

Post edited by Frank Grimes on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭Odhinn

And this is being caused by a shower that some would have us believe was like a modern west european state…..

"Gaza’s children are going hungry. More than 25 have reportedly died of complications linked to malnutrition, according to the World Health Organization. Hundreds of thousands more face starvation as Israel continues its siege.

Doctors and nutrition experts say the children who survive the lack of nourishment — and
    the ongoing bombing, infectious diseases and psychological trauma — are
    further condemned to face a lifetime of health woes. Malnutrition will
    rob them of the ability to fully develop their brains and bodies. Many
    will be shorter and physically weaker as a result.

“At the simplest level, if you have impaired nutrition and growth, your
    brain stops growing,” said Zulfiqar Bhutta, a physician and the chair of
    global child health at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/interactive/2024/gaza-food-famine-malnutrition-children-aid/ There was an error displaying this embed.

Support BDS
    https://bdsmovement.net/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Biden is only now learning about the nature of Israel? That man is a clown :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mr. “Ten 9/11s” finally changed his tune after [my shocked face] the equivalent of 10+ Fallujahs happen

GOSH IF ONLY SOMEONE HAD CALLED THAT THE MOMENT HE **** SAID THAT DID ANYONE DO THAT oh wait I **** did, 6 **** months ago in this **** thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭thereiver

There are plenty of liberal Jews in Israel who hate the present government the government is in power because of the support of extreme right wing groups and the Orthodox religious Jews who do not work but get paid to study the bible and are exempt from conscription into the army .

This group is a powerful political force who are growing every year Orthodox Jews have large family's unlike most Jews

in Israel

Ordinary Jews are growing to resent them as they are not subject to conscription

IIf you are over 50 years old you may remember when government policy in Ireland was dictated by the Catholic church contraception and abortion was illegal there was no gay marriage

Since the 70s. We have moved on to a more liberal society with equal rights for

the LGBT community while Israel has become a more conservative and religious controlled country

Israel is going down the wrong path it's losing credibility and support from western country's

There ll be an investigation of the attack on the aid workers of course they will say it was a technical intelligence error

If you look at the pictures in the news you can see the large painted symbols on the cars that show it was a convoy of Central

Kitchen cars these symbols and words would

have been visible to the soldiers who launched the missiles that blew up the cars

This is getting a lot of publicity because the victims were from America and the UK there have been 100s of aid workers killed and even some journalists

A state that's based on one religious group is a flawed concept that means the rights of ordinary people who are not

religious fanatics will be compromised or ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 18,516 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Efforts to stop the UK selling arms to the terrorist regime are rapidly gathering pace. British officials say they fear they are being asked to break international law by allowing the arms sales to continue:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Good. Anyone knowingly selling weapons to be used in a genocide are monsters, just as culpable as the politicians and military personelle conducting the atrocities

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Israel "Biden is Anti semite"

Victim mentality whinging clowns.

Sad that it took the cold blooded murder of 7 people for the superpowers to wise up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭Odhinn

O they knew all along. They're fine with the usual slow drip ethnic cleansing and casual racism,killing and battery, but not this open display of macro-level atrocities, as it makes them look bad by association.

Better late than never though. The western nations seem to be finally wising up to Israel (with the exception of Germany of course, who are still hugely compromised).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭combat14

if iran attack israel directly in a US presidential election year all bets are off

as for iran attacking international embassies the eye for an eye approach wont go down well in other countries either

some in iran caution in case the israeli attack in syria is a trap

Iranian Figures Caution Against ‘Israeli Trap’ After Embassy Attack

https://www.iranintl.com/en/202404038518

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

But you see he justifies all these acts as pre emptive attacks in the name of self defense. It's a convenient position for him to take because it means Israel can never be wrong no matter what they do. He'd be quick to complain if the same doctrine was applied to Israel by another country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Lol, we will retaliate for your retaliation. Fcuking idiots.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

That and the fact it's an election year. It wouldn't surprise me if they are saying something rather different in private to the Israelis. Anyone who thinks the killing of the Aid workers is going to be a watershed moment are in for a big disappointment. America will not stop supplying arms to Israel.

I get the impression though there has been a major shift in attitudes towards the regime this week, particularly in Britain and the US. Very noticeable that the tone in the press and on TV has been hostile towards Netanyahu and Israeli actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭thereiver

I read today the IDF uses ai to identify Hamas militants they spend 10 to 20 seconds checking the person's identity they will launch a bomb or missile of there's 10 , or 20 civilians there. Eg the Idf considers it ok to kill 20 women children or men if they can kill one enemy militant if Anyone goes to certain areas they consider it free fire eg any person civilian will man woman will be shot if they go in that space

So far 200 aid workers have died mostly Palestinians at this point most of the population in Gaza is close to starvation

This is genocide ,,,/

Theres 3 good articles in gaurdian.co.uk/opinion about the war in Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

It's obvious now the Israelis are attempting to goad Iran into a response so they can justify an all out war against them meaning America will have to come onboard. That Israeli government is on a par with what we've seen in Russia the last couple of years pure psychopaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Lord Sumption (across the water) opines that the UK should stop supplying Israel with weapons and should do what it can to obstruct a plausible genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Israelis are such a shower of **** stirrers. Leave them be

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭REDBULL68

After the obvious targeted murders of these ,and many more aid workers ,America, Britain, Germany etc will say ,no more weapons for Israel, too late they have already sent them ,crocodile tears from a un that is useless, unless it suits them joke ,There is no united nations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭SeanW

I don't accept the "False flag" conspiracy theory. Though I do concede that Israel's people have the right to ask their government some serious questions. But given that terrorism against Israel is a routine occurrence, it's reasonable to imagine that some information in advance wasn't given the importance it should have.

Nearly half of the worlds Jews live in that tiny country. You're either with them, or you're against them.

Advertisement