Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning on soccer forum thread

• 05-04-2024 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭

I’ve been banned on the Republic of Ireland team forum.

from my point I had a back and forth about Irelands ability to attract a manager with another poster yesterday which resulted in a mod saying we should move on. Which we did.

Today myself and the other poster had a short civil back and forth about the FAI CEO acumen for the job.

It was completely civil to the point the other poster started to reference the topic of the previous discussion that we were warned for, I reported the post and told him I reported it so he’d cop on and move on.

Chances are that action taken by me would have ended the discussion dead but Instead we’ve both being banned.

seems overly punitive to me. the original warning didn’t state we weren’t allowed to converse. The bone of contention yesterday was different to the one today. It was a civil disagreement. Once the other poster crossed the line to hash over the discussion we were warned over I reported the post and told him why.

maybe there’s a rule I’ve missed about not telling people they’ve been reported but I wouldn’t see the reason for that.

@ShamoBuc

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

For clarification, you received a Threadban not a Soccer Forum ban.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

For further clarification, ye were both told to move on by a Mod- clearly ye didn't as ye both started again and actually reported each other !!

Also, from the Soccer Charter...

• Telling a poster you have reported their post (effectively accusing them of a breach of the charter)

I should have issued you with a 1 point Warning which would have lead to a 2 week Soccer Forum Ban due to a previous Warning- I chose to be lenient and Threadban you instead.

Let me know if you would prefer the Ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

That’s funny he reported me. Sure he was the one who dragged up the discussion we were warned over. I don’t see much wrong with the discussion today as it was civil and over a different topic but once he brought up the previous stuff it was facepalm time.

no I am much happier with the thread ban on the basis of telling him he was reported (lesson learnt) and thanks for explaining and the leniency

No problem, you are welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭Xander10

But I thought you had to be consistent in applying the rules?

and deciding to be lenient In one case was not on, because it would drum up feelings of other posters not all being treated the same.

The post was dealt with though. A threadban was imposed.

The Soccer Charter has issuing a Threadban as a consequence, a minimum of a month in fact. It came in as a result of Poster Feedback, because a Warning stays on your account so long.

Both posters were Threadbanned in this case.

Advertisement