Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass Rooms

• 05-01-2023 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Just looking to see if any Boardsies have got a Glass Room installed on the house? Something like the photos below...

We have the area for and a foundation for a conservatory (that was never completed). I'm just looking at the pros and cons of such an outdoor room. I know my OH would love to fill it will plants!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭staples7

might be a little late but getting one installed next week if you want to pm me I’ll provide details 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I’m getting one but just a veranda not the room. Think the room would be too hot or cold depending on the house orientation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

A house near me had one installed by these guys recently. Took them 2 days. Just thought I'd pop up their details, incase you're looking for a supplier 🙂

https://www.qola.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

I can only partly see it but it looks very nice. Definitely notice a difference in the overall finish compared to neighbours with wooden/self build versions...if that makes sense. Don't know the house owners well but will ask how they find it if I get a chance and update here 👍🏻

• Advertisement

yes that makes perfect sense thank you.

it’s definitely a very different product than the wooden ones as that is reflected in the price.

any idea of price?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 davykeating

Hi, i have had a quoted for a full glass room.

6m x 3.5m at 20k supply and fit.

6m x 5m 23k supply and fit.

I am still undecided as I have concerns of the room temperature in winter (to cold to use )and summer(to hot).

Has anyone got one installed and is able to advise on that aspect?

I got a glass veranda, not a glass room. 4.5m x 4m

Rain does come in under a bit (depending on way it’s blowing) but it’s still easy ti sit out in.

I’d feel no air in glass room like the old conservatories of 80”s. I have the option to add glass and all in I’d. be talking 17k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭Shoog

Just had our 3x4m one completed.

Shouldn't really consider it as a room but as a closed in veranda. So far only been 10 days but you can fairly much sit out in it any day even if it's windy and rainy. It stays warm with the sides closed even on cloudy and windy days. If the sun comes out it could rapidly overheat so you need to open up the sides as needed.

It allows us to have the french doors open fairly much all day in the summer which gives us a nice airy atmosphere.

Just over £11k for ours, but the deck was another £1.8k and I built that myself.

Very happy - exactly what we expected and will be real luxury feel once the garden furniture arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Anyone willing to post a pic of their veranda? Apart from sitting out it would be a great place to put a clothes horse!

Advertisement