Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

Great game. LaR are 1 point winners (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Try scorer could have gone more central..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Nice of LAR is get their crap game out of the way before next week!!!

That is if Leinster win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Standard Libbok

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

You have to feel for libbok, he must work so hard on his placekicking and its just not for him.

Everything else he does is top class but you can be a 10 and miss as many kicks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

LaR win away, they live to fight another day

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Smart from La Rochelle to run down those 3 or 4 mins at the scrum, did well to hold their nerve but I expect the Stormers will be disappointed that the ref wasn’t a bit firmer with La Rochelle at that stage.

Will be tough for LAR to travel back to Europe for a QF in a week’s time after a tough game today, but they’re probably the one team you’d back to do it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Exeter with yet another comeback win

• Registered Users Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Other than Jack carty, libbok must be da least person ud want taking that kick 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rugbyf565

sickening seeing that negative, cynical rugby win, hope LAR get pumped next week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Stormers are one of the best counter attacking sides around. There aren't many other teams that can score the kind of trys from they do. The combination of speed and footwork really took the La Rochelle power game out of the equation in the final 15 minutes.

But the French side won anyway. I think this was the best chance for someone to get rid of La Rochelle before the final. They're incredibly hard to beat trying to play contact heavy, multi-phase rugby which most teams do.

Post edited by Clegg on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

LaR only team to win away from home so far this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

If leinster win, Off the ball will be unbearable now with the rog love in all week.

Post edited by SaoPaulo41 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

all the more reason not to do a big high lofted kick

He never struck it properly at all

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If we end up playing LAR next weekend I hope we get a stronger ref than Carley was today. The French hooker should have been penalised in that closing set for deliberately wasting time. The first time should have been a penalty, and the second time should have been a card for him.

But cynicism won out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

They can't get closer than that to being knocked out unless they actually do.

I'd see Leinster do it next week presuming they win later unless they pick up further significant injuries. LAR were struggling for a decent portion of that match against that Stormers side with a huge number of injuries and continuously shooting themselves in both feet with pointless penalties. It was a incredibly physical game and LAR now have to face a day on a plane while trying to recover.

Unless a different LAR side show up than we've seen for most of the competition I think their luck runs out next week and they go out.

oTB is unbearable anyway.
    the constant circle jerk they go on with to fill airtime is awful stuff

For all the credit Skelton should get for protecting guys who are knocked out, at some stage a ref or TMO has to call him out for throwing his full bodyweight on players who are near the ruck. He did it a few times today and one of them was a clear attempt to take out Libbok

• Advertisement

The one side that can trouble Leinster and dont fear them is LAR.

Next week will go a long way to deciding the team that lifts the trophy

Shades of Wesley.fofana v Darce there

amazing how the TMo gets every angle when its a possible french try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Agreed,switched off a long time ago. Whatever they had going for them, is a distant memory.

Them going behind a paywall was an absolute godsend.

Took any interest in listening to them when I ran out of other podcasts. They manage to make what could be interesting terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Bordeaux vs Saracens is very entertaining. 0-0 after 25 minutes, but some good attacking play and excellent defence from Bordeaux. They're counter-rucking ball superbly.

Thats not obstruction as he ran into space

i mean the radio show. Once in a while im in the car at 7pm and give it a go only to turn off after 10 mins. They spent 10 mins the other day on the clocks changing

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How is this game still scoreless?

• Advertisement

other than the over the top celebrations at the smallest thing Ben Earl is a savage rugby player and great to watch.

Advertisement