Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, the West Ham one is tricky alright, especially so soon after the trip to Goodison. I'd expect us to beat Everton, but even in this form those games are always physically and emotionally draining, so having to go straight to London so soon after is a toughy.

I'm really hoping that us facing Spurs at home, while Arsenal and City face them away, will make a bit of a difference. Spurs have only 6 away wins, but 11 home wins. Weirdly, they've not drawn a single home game in all comps this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

they've done it so many times before under Pep

What are the other reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭IrishOwl...

I like Liverpool ans I think they're a good side, and I hope them or Arsneal get over the line. I was merely pointing out that Liverpool currently are not playing that well. You can be both.

The last month, I feel Liverpool were poor the other night, ok at the weekend against Brighton, terrible in the cup against UTD, good 2nd half against City and awful against Forrest.

I think that Liverpool will need to win at least 6 of their remaining 8 games and that won't happen if they play like they have been playing the last 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

think this is nearly only game I can see city dropping points.

Come on palace!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Just seen that Jürgen has been added to the Little People, Big Dreams series. So after he's gone, we can still teach our kids about how great he was 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I think they are looking a bit tired but with Trent and Jota back next week and endo getting a rest hope that freshens it up, robertston coming in the other night looked fresh and improved them alot.

I don't think they were poor last night or against united they controlled the games for most of it, just tried to play both games out and got caught, plus missing a hatful of chances against united didn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Spurs away might be a bananaskin.

Bear in mind, we can afford to draw one game and still finish ahead of them.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Each time they did it is a reason to think they can do it again.

But they remain magnificent in full flow, have depth all across their side and the likes of Rodri and Foden are as good as anyone in world football right now at all the hard things that unlock games.

Sure, the cheating that has created this team is hateful. And indeed, the football itself is somewhat counter intuitively brutalist in the way it slowly strangles space and time before asphyxiating opponents. They would not be the first team I choose to watch.

Finally, Spurs away looks the only truly difficult game remaining on their schedule. Sure, every game is different at this time of the year, but they have played everyone else in the top six twice already.

Hopefully you find this explanation adequate for why I think they will win out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

What does that matter when a draw doesn't keep us ahead of Arsenal.l? We want to win the league, not just finish ahead of City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yeah, I know; but the poster was talking about City. Arsenal have a few tricky games remaining so chances are they'll drop points somewhere along the line.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Arsenal's goal difference over us is effectively worth a point as I can't see us overhauling that goal difference, so we will have to match their results, plus if they draw level with us that'll mean they more than likely will extend the goal difference gap. We can of course afford to drop one point more than them over the remaining fixtures, but, that would more than likely mean City overtaking both us and Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If we are to win the league, probably need to win out. Seems harsh, but it is what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Was it the West Ham early ko gets changed if Arsenal knock Bayern out of Europe? Where does it get moved to if so, Saturday evening, Sunday??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭McFly85

I know this is probably going to end 3-1 to city but still, it’s the hope that kills you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Damien360

Watching it here and it's going to be a slaughter. City very much on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Palace defence has more holes than a Swiss cheese here, they wasted a really good counter when 1 up, I think they needed that to have any hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Christ on a bike how did Atwell clear that challenge so quickly?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I recall when we played Palace earlier this season they were given a penalty nearly 2 minutes after the incident because the VAR kept reviewing the footage to find something.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

Palace have been pretty good here. Starting to think could do us a big favour here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Damien360

I'm wondering how that's not a penalty. City man grabbed palace player around the chest. Yes he went down like a sack of spuds but I thought that was a penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

City will not drop points between now and the end of the season. Don't bother watching their matches if it's out of some hope you'll get to see something happen that benefits Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

There's no arguing with KDB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

City will overtake our goal difference at this rate. May just focus on trying to win every game and ignore the goal stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Exactly,I can't understand how some posters think they will drop points,they do this every year. To finish ahead of them then we need to win 7 and draw one,end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

City's fixtures are by the far the easiest of the three. Can't see where they will drop any points apart from maybe Spurs away on the final day. And Spurs might be guaranteed top 4 or 5 by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Can't rely on Spurs to do us any favors. Sure they can't do themselves any favors.

Have to get maximum points but think we will be pipped to the post.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I think we'll lose to United tomorrow, and that'll be that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I hate gambling but I figure I might set up a few bets on City to win each game. I'm terribly unlucky so would probably lose money but I'd be happy in that case.

Maybe, but to echo Loyd's recent post, it's so exciting having a game at OT in early April to put/keep us top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Enzokk

They aren't playing Spurs on the last day, it is a fixture that still needs to rearranged. If they win the tie against Real Madrid then that match will be played on the midweek around the 15th May. If we only care about winning the league then we want those 2 to play each other in the semi's which might affect their matches around those.

For City the potential matches in that stretch are Forrest away 28 April, Arsenal/Bayern away 1 May, Wolves at home 4 May, Arsenal/Bayern home 7 May and then Fulham away 11 May and you only have the 15 May to fit in the Tottenham away match for City before the last match on the 19 May.

Arsenal have Tottenham away 28 April, City/Real home 1 May, Bournemouth home 4 May (12h30), City/Real away 7 May, Man U away 11/12 May.

I don't see many problems for City matchup wise, but the amount of fixtures with their smallish squad could cause problems. One or two injuries in important areas and they will struggle, even if they are lucky with injuries fatigue could well play a role as well.

Just to say this counts for us as well, I think all teams will do well to not lose 2 matches out of their remaining fixtures especially if City play Arsenal in the Champions League semi-finals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

There is little point comparing and complaining. It's been this way for a while now. The players know what is expected of them and that is to win the next match. We have more than enough talent and experience to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,537 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Grateful for the two goals Palace scored, could have had two more in last 10 minutes, but a 4-4 was a dream to far.

I wonder will we have a run like Arsenal 5-0, 6-0, 6-0, 4-1 , or will it be a battle every game. Would be good to have some easy results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Spurs away is not their final game that has to be fitted in somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

completely agree if I wasn’t a Liverpool supporter I’d be back city at 7-4 to win the league they should be favourites it my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Of course they are.

The media narrative that it's almost Liverpool's to lose, while Arsenal are the best team, is mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Some of these twitter accounts are fools. That was 100% a penalty to Arsenal.

Brighton are a shell of their previous selves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,537 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement

You got to hand it to Arsenal, they literally haven't needed to get out of 3rd gear their last two games

You think?

He definitely got a touch on the ball. He was stretching and anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul, but how often do we hear "he got the ball" as a reason not to give a pen?

Thought Brighton could do something against Arsenal but they are a good team. Still seem a little emotional at times so you worry for them if in an important match in the future it is going against them whether they will be able to keep their cool, but that is not a problem for us.

We have to expect City and Arsenal to win all their remaining matches, even if there are reasons to think it will not happen. Hoping for them to slip up is not good for your mental health so not going to do that any more.

"He got the ball" is just something used to justify a decision when it is your team defending that. I have used it many times and will use it in future, whether it applies or not.🤪

Used for your team or by Howard Webb covering for his var teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

Think you can forget any notions of city or arse dropping points we got to make sure by winning out that both city and arse will regret didn’t just go for it in their turgid draw . Surely we can break out in some of these games but winning out and just scrapping victories going forward am fine with . We need to keep our heads tomorrow though keep our shape at all times relax in front of goal and take our chances !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,591 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Its a great race now for the 3 teams involved so let the best team win. Some tricky fixtures for all. City best equipped for me.

Hopefully it won't be a stupid decision by a referee or VAR that decides it.

Just can't see us going eight for eight. That six days where we have Fulham, Everton and West Ham away just feels like too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

United seem to have a CB crisis ??

This is a good time to play them but I wish we would keep it tight at the back.

I'd say they could be fairly drained by that fiasco on Thursday. No need to force it leaving gaps because their pace can really hurt if the are on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I wish it wasn't, but such an obvious idea penalty it's not even funny.

• Advertisement
Advertisement