Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 40- 6th/7th April 2024 'spoilers'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

That match was about what you'd expect. Ending was a bit sloppy looking though. Still wondering what they do with Jade next. Actually think her going after the tag titles would be a good way of helping her build confidence (and cover shortcomings) in the ring, make the titles feel important and give her someone more experienced as a partner to learn from.

Entrances were class and their gear was on point, even if the trio getting their entrance after coming off the platform felt a bit awkward.

Sidenote - The incessant advertising wasn't bothering me too much initially, used to it from UFC and stuff but every match having one and it being so in your face is a bit much. Dude Wipes? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

So they've literally given the gable storyline to Sami basically

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A lot of 'face wins' so far

Maybe poor Sami is going to start the downfall

• Registered Users Posts: 31,717 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Awesome build to the entrance - and kinda makes me think Sami might do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Sami Zayn is the best Babyface on the planet and we'll all be crying by the end of this match....

• Advertisement

Has the feel of Rocky 3 to it - Gable trains Sami to beat Gunther, in exchange for getting a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

When did entrance music become so generic? Not a memorable tune between any of them so far tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That's very true with Andrade, and a real shame - he's better than that whole story. Andrade should've been coming straight into a title picture. That's his level. Dudes incredible. Him and Gunther would be awesome.

They spent all that money just loading Cody's pyro for both nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Call me old fashioned, but I really really don't get the hype over Gunther.

Bores the arse off me.

Honestly, who finds a wrestler that just constantly does chops interesting?

Saw some comparisons between him and the likes of Bret Hart, LOL

Yeah hoping he'll break away from LWO sooner rather than later and he can move on to something more substantial. Can excuse it here to get him on the Mania card but this angle is overstuffed already. LWO and Legado should be over now too, it's enough already.

Him and Gunther would slap for sure.

BRAINBUSTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Just me or does Sami take those power bombs with too much of his head first? They're rough looking.

Wow didn't expect that but what a mania moment

Also what a title reign by Gunther

Well still would have preferred Gable but still a good match and a legendary reign by Gunther. Sami has been a great worker for WWE the last few years so think this is his pat on the back.

Hope Gunther moves on to the world title next. Bash in Berlin?

Also this definitely makes me think Kevin Owens is winning tomorrow.

Wow, yeah, didn't expect that before the night! Good for Sami… has deserved a singles title after the brilliant work he did in the build up to WM last year - though I can't help but feel like, within the story, it's the wrong finish. It just didn't feel right, like, they kinda rushed into the emotion of the story quite quickly over the past couple weeks. Had Gable done it, it would've felt more 'earned'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Zero interest in that win, they really fucked gable over, he deserved better ...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sami **** won. Absolutely nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Anyone's else Network just randomly switch off for the finish!

• Advertisement

Kinda funny to have a trailer for Civil War, followed by a red-white-and-blue draped ultra-nationalistic "Wheatley AMERICAN Vodka" commerial…

Gunther is the logical next challenger for the World Title anyways so it had to happen at some point. If it was Sami's first singles title like it would have been Gables I feel it would mean more but I mean, he's already held the belt twice so it doesn't have the same 'oomph' about it.

Still a great moment nonetheless

Gunther V Drew at Summerslam would be great - and with Bash in Berlin, and Clash at the Castle coming not long after, and only a few days apart, there's scope for some sort of 'series' angle like AEW did with the trios belts last year.

<Edit>

CatC dates wrong - but still, could see a couple of matches between them, maybe facing each other at Summerslam, with a rematch in Berlin. Maybe Drew wins the first, and Gunther wins the second in Germany. Gives Drew a decent 5 month run, assuming he wins tomorrow.

Rock better come out with that weird ego belt he gave himself last night.

Yeah - realised when I searched the date it actually showed me the 2022 date - my mistake! Instead probably just face each other at SS, and then rematch a few weeks later in Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So WWE will send everyone home happy with Sami winning, but there has to be heat going into tomorrow's main event... so surely Rock/Reigns going over or some screw job.

Yeah, has to be a Roman Rock win tonight to give us Bloodline Rules tomorrow. You can't hang the drama of that stipulation over it, and then not pay it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No. the network glitched during the USO match which I hope is a widespread issue, and WWE fix it on demand.

• Advertisement

That's a hell of a coat/wedding dress 😅

Advertisement