Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Still in our hands. Casual Celtic fan, as is every Irish person. As a Leeds fan, I'd forgo their promotion if it meant Celtic won the league, luckily they're not mutually exclusive!

I think Celtic fans and Irish people have waited a long time to see Celtic pass out Rangers in league titles. Win this and one more season to draw level. Go ahead and it will be a monumental moment for me. Something I've waited my whole life to see!

We'll definitely win it this year imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Oh dear I’m worried now, only joking mate. Yeah I agree although we’re behind and it’s obviously going to be tight I think we’ll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭RoryMac

It looks like the title will come down to the games against Rangers, we've a pretty good record in these games over recent years and it's something Rodgers especially seems to be good at setting up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭pavb2

Ha ha I had to turn off Rangers v Benfica match just too conflicted on the one hand you don’t want them to win but on the other progression in the Europa league means more games for them.

That Livingston goal shows why Welsh shouldn't be anywhere near the Celtic team, poor to let the guy in behind him and unbelievably slow in getting back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What a disgraceful performance so far from the team. Some of the Celtic players look as if they have downed tools

2-2

Finished 4-2 with Maeda getting his first hat-trick for Celtic and the first Celtic player to score a hat-trick this season

Awful performance except for Maeda, hat trick on his 100th appearance for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

It was his 100th game for us too so quite the way to mark it. He hit the bar as well and had a couple of other chances.

• Advertisement

Strange game in many ways. I thought we were decent in the first half without putting the game away and then the second half again we started well but didn't take our chances and then O'Riley makes a bad mistake which leads to their second goal. We got rocked by that but thankfully managed to grind it out with 2 late goals.

Obviously Maeda with the hat trick takes the plaudits. But I also though Kuhn showed well as did Johnston especially linking up with Kuhn in attack. At the back though Welsh had a nightmare and Scales I thought was not great either.

Decent performance from the bits I saw, good to see Kyogo back scoring. Kuhn looked good too

Yes I thought we played quite well. Really it could easily have been 5 or 6. They were very lucky we only won 3-1.

We’re getting some key players back. CCV is a very important player in this team. After the international break hopefully CalMac and Hatate will be back. Kyogo in better form with those 3 staying fit gives the team a huge lift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Kyogo denied a certain pen. Goalless at HT

Nice one. Perfect result no injuries hopefully and next week nail them.

Very good in the 2nd half, good to see Hatate back and CCV getting 90 mins before next week

Good win on a pitch I hate and for that I am glad Livingston are going down. I could not believe VAR did not give the penalty or maybe I could when I thought about it

Forgot to say what a great display from the Celtic fans as the teams entered the field

Other then scoring a few more goals thought today was excellent. The pitch as usual was dreadful and made the game as a spectacle so much worse as it always does. But this time I thought we absolutely dominated them and stopped them in any way shape or form being a threat. Hart had absolutely nothing to do all day and we certainly couldn't say that about the cup game a few weeks ago. Reo I thought was excellent on his return much better and sharper then I expected so that 64 minutes he got will only help there. Kyogo although he didn't score was very good and in fairness there keeper has made a couple of excellent saves to stop him scoring. Kuhn was a constatnt threat and loved how direct he and Maeda both were. O'Riley was good as was Tomo while CCV was imperious at the back. Really excellent performances all over the field.

• Advertisement

A very impressive display with seachtar na casca on the banner and every Celtic fan on all 3 sides taking part in holding up colours to make a tricolour. Sky commentator hardly even mentioned it, at the start he said they’re just putting away the Celtic fans banner. The banner was in front of the advertising hoardings. They do such a great job with those displays when they get it right.

We’re getting big players back from injuries and players like Kyogo also finding form. A big challenge next Sunday as usual but we’re in better nick now than we were all season. A win next week would be obviously be pivotal in the title race.

No question that would be pivotal. I have to say though I think it will be a big ask given how in over drive the "honest mistake" brigade are at the moment and we saw that again this weekend with us not getting a pk at 0-0 when it clearly was and even if you give the ref the benefit of the doubt the replay clearly showed Devlin kicked the back of Kyogo's heel so VAR should have given it. I mean that is exactly what VAR is there for yet nothing and yet another "honest mistake".

We’ll get nothing from the “honest mistake” lot. Scottish football and Scottish football authorities have been corrupt since day one reflecting a corrupt and sectarian society. We have a better team though and it looks like our best players are coming back into form and are reasonably healthy. They can try but if our players do their bit they can’t stop us. That’s largely been the story since the turn of the century in particular but next Sunday another part of that story is yet to be revealed.

I long for the day when Celtic play in a European league full time and get away from that cesspit.

I totally agree with you that it has been a long term issue. But I do feel that recently it has been on steroids. With Crawford Allen leaving his post at the end of the season he has nothing to loose and the fact is the "honest mistakes" have had a very significant negative impact against us so far this season and very often its very small margins that decide games. So for me while I do feel much happier now that CCV is back leading the defense and Hatate has made his return this weekend and hopefully McGregor will return next weekend while all those things and Kyogo looking more like himself is certainly cause for optimism which is great as a month ago it was not looking good at all. Having said all that I still feel due to the "honest mistakes" and VAR that we will be doing well to get a result next weekend.

We have a very good experienced manager as well who has had to put up with some strange behaviour in house at the club and from sections of the fans who should be ashamed of themselves. He’s a big asset next Sunday as well.

Yes we’re up against it but I think things are falling into place for us regarding our players and team, so I’m optimistic.

Here's hoping your right and my not so optimistic feelings are misplaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭TokTik

Rodgers win rate at Ibrox: 83%
    Clements win rate at Ibrox: 81%

We have the edge.

I will just drop this here, some fantastic drone footage of the display the other day

• Advertisement

Things hotting up for Sunday and Celtic v Rangers at Ibrox. Ally McCoist made a strange comment re the Scottish government’s recent hate crime legislation. He originally said he’d be deliberately breaking the law and then said he won’t be there after all on Sunday.

Imagine if say Neil Lennon said something like that, he’d be sacked by SKY and would never work as a pundit in Britain again. McCoist no longer works with SKY but still works as a pundit on TV, he’ll get away with it. A thoroughly irresponsible comment but it’ll be brushed under the carpet because of the side it comes from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

What a start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

O Riley calm as you like from the spot. 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The 1st goal was comical and only 20 seconds on the clock.

Great first half, really showed our extra quality to dominate. Solid in midfield with Iwata, Hatate & O'Reilly in control. Taviner is terrified of Maeda so completely out of the game.

Only worry is Beaton handing us yellow cards for every tackle we put in.

Quite funny considering all the talk around Tavernier and he goes and does that, the funny bit being the whole i got this body language before thinking s**t Maeda is on me here.

Penalty was nerves of steel, I thought the sound had gone off for a minute. The small positive of there being no away fans was to experience a full Ibrox in stunned silence.

Only half time though and Hart has kept it at 0-2 for the break.

• Advertisement

VAR doing it's best to keep the Rangers title chances alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

That's embarrassing

That's a farcical penalty reversal decision. Silva is an embarrassment, has spent all the match diving.

Some turn around.

2-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Hard not to view that as anything other than a home decision to keep the game alive. Orders from above.

• Advertisement

So, similar contact to the penalty, so should be ruled out.

Looked like it should have been a Celtic free at the beginning of the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Shadowy league figures must be raging about that. Nothing they could do to allow the goal.

Rightly ruled out. They still shouldn't have had the penalty awarded though.

Idah should have done better with that chance.

Idah!!!!!

8 Minutes of added time…

Fortunate deflection for Rangers on that goal.

And now Idah has put Celtic back ahead.

3-3 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Some goal

• Advertisement
Advertisement