Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Starting to get a little concerned about arsenal at this stage, they are making short work of their games, barely breaking a sweat, and don't look like falling away as they usually do.

Time will tell of course, we have to look after our own business, starting to tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kefflin

Theyre playing well no doubt, but lets see how the go when the champions league gets serious. Hopefully the can at least get over bayern

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

To be honest their defensive performance against City was even more impressive. A lot of pundits and people seem to have them as outside favourites for the league or have absolute certainly they will bottle it but they have a genuine chance of winning it . Last season no one expected them to push for the title and they clearly addressed that soft core this season with signing like Ride and racking up points very impressive almost with ease in most games. Feel like we are clawing with our fingers nails through each game in comparison.

To be going to OT with the league in our hands with 8 games left is an incredible. Ill really starting to believe we can do it if we win tomorrow. Just have that same feeling as I did in the FA Cup and when we playing them at Anfield this season that this game will be a lot closer than it should be.

We really can’t afford to offer Garnacho/Rashford so much space on wings or on the break as we did last time around . Hopefully we won’t butcher so many fantastic scoring opportunities and Salah/ Szobo are nowhere near as wasteful as last few games . Going to a tense game , we need to show what we are made of .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Think I read somewhere that our away record against Man Utd and Everton is 4 wins out of 17 during Klopps reign. Reckon we will need that to be 6/19 if we want to win the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

The fear of VAR or of a dodgy ref decision is real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

It's utterly insane not to imagine that they have a huge chance of winning this title. They are streets ahead of where they were last season - Rice, Kiwior, Saliba even bloody Havertz and Jorginho have transformed them. Raya also seems to be more reliable. If we can't win it, I truly hope they do.

Looks like a very late winner for Amorim's Sporting in their top of the table clash versus Benfica.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Arsenal really should be favourites, I know we are top, but, we are really having to work hard for our wins and I think that's going to catch up with us. We're not clinical, so liable to sucker punches, Arsenal in contrast are cruising through matches, so their matches are not taking the same toll on them. The only question mark over Arsenal is that can they get over the line when the time comes. City also look like they are starting to play better and we know they will stay going until the end.

Jota is a huge loss for us, hopefully we're still top when he returns and he gets up to speed straight away. For us to have a chance we need to win some of our matches more easily to avoid us running out of steam. For tomorrow I really don't care how we win as long as we win.

Agreed. Arsenal looking imperious regardless of the opposition and dug in last weekend against City when they needed to. Their game management is really good also and I hope that's not an issue for us tomorrow at OT. Endo back tomorrow makes me more confident and we should be doing to them what Arsenal did to Brighton today - seemingly tricky away tie made to look routine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,537 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Diaz Spurs, MacAllister City. Both facts, no debate, fully admission on one, Webb fobbed off the other on TV.

We should have an extra 1 pt, fact, and the chance of 3 more with a penalty.🤩

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

For sure, he scooped it away as a reflex to not let Salah in.

Post edited by BorneTobyWilde on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Arsenal and City are looking in far better shape then us recently, we were actually awful against Sheffield utd and not much better against brighton.

Tomorrow is 100% a must win and I suppose we literally must take it one game at a time.

Another thing is its been tough playing 2 games after the other 2 I feel it ads alot of pressure,I'd like to see us play first for a change to put a little pressure on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Thanks. You said you were going to give reasons originally then you only seemed to give one, hence I asked.

I would put them as favourites. I can't see Liverpool winning all of their remaining games. They are not cutting the mustard up front at the moment. I think Jota's last injury was a huge loss. Defensively they are prone to screwing up sometimes.

But if we keep winning until Jota (and to a lesser extent, Trent) returns, I might start to change my mind!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

I said last week and still think this will go down to the wire between these 3 teams,hopefully get the win again today which won't be easy I just seen the arsenal and city results yesterday evening I don't watch when they are playing unless it's against us as,but whatever happens its been some season too still be up there with 8 games to go with the amount of injuries all season is remarkable,anyway on too today and here's hoping for another 3 points and see what happens after that, let's try Enjoy it lads and lassies while it lasts 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Both teams progressing in the CL would be fantastic would push arsenal to half 12 away to Spurs Saturday after playing Tuesday and us to 4:30 against Westham on Sunday after playing Wednesday and 2 tricky away games before it. The extra day would really suit us. Plus the added fixture dates for each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Yep. We’re the only one of the three who look like we might drop points at the moment. City look like they could pulverize through their remaining games. I hope Arsenal will have one or two games where their finishing lets them down and the ball won’t go it, but certainly showing no sign of that recently! We just have to keep going and see what happens…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Win every game, city will win all there's and arsenal look in cruise control. That's all there is to it, first one to blink loses.

8 cup finals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Exactly, couldn't understand those who were saying they wanted them to beat City last week. They've been untouchable for months now and didn't need the mental boost that a win last week would have given them.

Still in our hands, but as a glass half empty person I feel we've by far the toughest run in and schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

United could end our title dreams this afternoon, but I predict a Nunez riot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lads were talking about goals against SU at home as well. I thought we'd be careful about such predictions!

I just want us to score first for once.

I think it's simple enough as to why many wanted Arsenal to beat City.

We might not necessarily agree but, just playing the odds, there's looks more of a chance of an Arsenal slip in those remaining games than a City one

Oh definitely,fairly sick of going a goal down in most games. And should of been down a goal against Sheffield Utd Thurs as well

But the fact is that if Arsenal were good enough to go and win at City then they'd take huge confidence from that - beating the reigning PL champions in their backyard with a title on the line - which would give them the momentum they'd need to win their remaining games. It would also have shown City's fallibility. A draw was the ideal result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

"not good for your mental health" ffs 🤦‍♂️

calm down there will ya, its only a game of football

A draw today keeps it in our hands, as I can't see Arsenal winning all those games, but a draw keeps us ahead of City, and title in our hands.

Im not gonna lie, since the second half of the 2019/2020 season I've found myself watching way too many City games with a comparable about of interest as our own.

Its mental, I wasn't even going to do it yesterday until I saw Palace went a goal up

If we fail by a point, how on earth can we stay silent on the Diaz onside against Spurs, legal action should be taken, and how on earth could we lose in a court of law, when he have a signed and sealed written confession from the PGMOL. They can take points on and off of Everton, Forest willy-nilly, but can't give us our earned point, bull. Game was 2-2 , and it's the first time in VAR history that a game with two onside goals by both teams ended with 3pts for one team, and zero for the other.

Hopefully he hits a spell of form soon

• Advertisement

Salah is dropping no points, just win.

So it looks like Quansah starts ahead of Konate,not sure if Konate is injured from that tackle Thurs night or on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭jones

Need a big game from Salah he hasn't been the same since coming back from injury.

Vital we don't concede first today, if United score first we could be in trouble as they'll sit in deep and we're just not good at breaking teams didn't like that even if they are missing centre backs. On paper we should win this easily but you'd could say the same about the cup game and look how that turned out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's impossible not to imo. I've been watching most of City's and Pools games along with Arsenal's since January this year. Did same with City last year. It's the hope that kills ya with City in particular!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Don't know why we played Konate the last night. If you want him for a big game you basically can't chance playing him a few days before it. He'll pick up some kind of knock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭jones

It's the one thing I don't think klopp is exceptional at. It's like Andy Farrell with Ireland in the rugby - the base line seems to be play your best players whenever you can and take a risk that they come through it ok. For players like Konate you just can't take that risk IMO

Exactly,he played him in an Europa league game a few weeks ago and the same thing happened

Less confident with Quansah which isn't actually saying anything negative about him.

Just Konate is a beast.

Agree with the above on the rotation aspects. I'd much rather Konate skip SU, be ready for this and skip Atalanta maybe to be ready for Palace.

It'll probably end up being the opposite now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,247 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Talisman

Konate was on the receiving end of a potentially season ending wild tackle. That wasn't just some kind of knock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Talisman

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1BdxYrWqPoEKX

Liverpool FC build up is streaming.

Liverpool XI: Kelleher; Bradley, Quansah, Van Dijk, Robertson; Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Endo; Salah, Nunez, Diaz.

Subs: Adrián, Gomez, Konaté, Jones, Gakpo, Elliott, Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Danns.

Manchester United XI: Onana; Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Kambwala, Dalot; Casemiro, Mainoo; Garnacho, Fernandes, Rashford; Hojlund.

Subs: Bayindir, Amrabat, Mount, Eriksen, Diallo, Antony, Forson, Amass, Ogunneye.

Good to see a bit if depth returning to the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Think United will score 2 today, so hopefully we're clinical today and take our chances. There's really no excuse if we can't win today.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I would prefer Gomez today to Robbo, just on form right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Glad to have 2 proper fullbacks at least in the sense that it'll provide some more width in attack. Means Rashford and Garnacho will have to be alert on defence too.

You guys are mad, I can't think of many things I'd want to do less than watch City! Do you not worry it might be contagious? 🤣

Think Joe was particularly suspect on Thursday.

That being said Robbo going in doesn't necessarily mean better atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I think the biggest problem I've seen with Robbo this season is his over-eagerness when he comes off the bench. Been running around like a headless chicken and getting way out of position.

Hoping that's less of an issue with him starting today. In attack he's incomparable to Joe, having him out there might help Diaz too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I presume if it was there would be better attendance at their games...

Advertisement