Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Some game that. Finishes 3-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Don't watch much Scottish football but that was an incredible game to watch...the standard of defending was appalling on both sides but that made it entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Cant believe we threw that away, came out at the start of the second half looking like we had the game won and couldn't match Rangers intensity.

Awful from Yang for the 3 Rangers goal.

Bizarre celebrations from Rangers after the final whistle, I get it was a good comeback but you'd think they've won the league today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

they’re celebrating like they won that. A good sign. We’ll beat them at home and win the league

they were VARed back into the game. That first goal was the crucial one and we knew that the officials would do everything possible to give them a shot. We’ll go on to win the league regardless.

Celtic should leave Scotland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Xander10

In fairness they are celebrating because they looked down and out and now know a draw might suffice in the return fixture.

Only seem bits of celtic recently, but would it be fair to say Idah is showing signs of turning into a decent player?

Celtic would have taken a point prior to kick off. We’ll do them the next day despite the officials.

Adam has shown great character. He should be starting for Ireland ahead of Evan Ferguson these days with Ferguson’s current form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Very poor in the second half from Celtic and that peno to Rangers looked very dodgy. Beaton up to old tricks of giving Rangers a foul every time they were tackled and booking Celtic players very easily.

0-0 at HT, this team have no real urgency or idea… utter muck in that half. Surely they cannot play as bad in the second half!

• Advertisement

Great goal from Hatate to make it 1-0

Much better this half, Kyogo makes it 2

Idah makes it 3

Finished 3-0, better in the second half. 5 games in the league to go

Rangers concede two early second half goals to go 2-1. Still early enough for them to get a result, but I draw even would be handy for title hopes

It is turning into a very good weekend now, just about to head out and Ross County score another :)

3-2 Ross County. well well well.

survived a penalty via VAR and an attempt of a further VAR intervention

• Advertisement

Great results this weekend

Phil didn’t even hang around long enough to shake hands with the Ross County manager today, never mind do a lap of honour. Straight up the tunnel this time. LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

And more of the same tonight so far. I'm sure B-Rodge will be full of sympathy for Philippe Clement's travails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Well that was nice.

Great footballing entertainment tonight and not a lap of honour in sight.

• Advertisement

Rangers falling apart is lovely to see

Pleasing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What an impact by Forrest

What a disgrace Celtic are in defence

Our defence was awful, CCV very poor for the first goal and should've had a penalty against him in extra time. Scales absolutely brutal all game.

Fingers crossed for the penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

the decision to have Joe Hart take a peno, amateurish and needs an explanation no matter the outcome here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Got out of jail there.

Jesus! Hart doing his best to lose that, lets 2 weak penos go under him and for some reason takes one and misses

We won and that's the only thing that counts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I bet he watched Ederson take one in midweek and being an ex-City player, thought he'd be Billy Big Balls, too.

Was that a cup semi final or Joe Hart's testimonial? The way he was goofing around. Unprofessional.

There are so many issues and it concerns me for the 6 cup finals left in the season

Maeda is sorely missed for his pressing, MacGregor is not fit. Forrest needs to start games in place of Yang who is never a wide player. Kuhn needs to learn to go outside not constantly inside. Scales is bombscare stuff

I honestly thought that was a penalty for Aberdeen but I think the ref gave a free out for an earlier infringement or he viewed the Aberdeen player as stopping CCV playing the ball

Forgot to say that I like Hart and I think he is a top genuine bloke but he does not command his box at all

I think Hart looked really finished today. He has been getting gradually worse as the season has gone on, but looked like an old man today.

I don't agree on Hart, he made some really important saves today and I thought he has had an excellent season for us so far.

He's never been great at saving penalties, should've saved 2 that went under him and should've have taken one but to me he's having a decent season

Shambolic second half from Celtic, I just do not understand how they cannot get the basics right

A cracking volley from Forrest in the first half to make it 1-0

Forrest makes it 2-0 :)

Hatate hits the post and a few minutes later Idah scores into his own net 1-2

Sloppy performance from Celtic but the only thing that matters at this point of the season is picking up the 3 points.

I'd agree with Sutton that Forrest could be very important to us in the next few games.

• Advertisement

Next two games are at home and win those and the league is more or less won

Early goal from Kyogo :)

https://streamin.me/v/042def1f

Great pass from O'Riley and volley from Kyogo to make it 2

https://streamin.me/v/8cfe905b

Excellent start so far, coped with Hearts early push and not controlling the game

That was a refreshing first half, zipping the ball around quickly with two fantastic goals. Much more like the Champions

Great penalty from O'Riley 3-0

• Advertisement

Played well today, flowing again. Bodes well.

Excellent performance and currently 6 points ahead

Brilliant today. Getting close to the title now. Still work to do, good to get a performance and win like that today when the pressure is on.

The biggest danger next week is the on field officials and the VAR officials. Beaton was on VAR v Hearts at Tynecastle and he directly intervened and influenced the game. Same thing happened at Ibrox, VAR intervened and changed the course of the game.

I’m an advocate of VAR as I see it as a tool that good officials should be able to use to help them in key decisions. In Scotland it’s been used for a different purpose. It’s sad and seems like a retrograde step but Celtic and the other SPL clubs should seek to get VAR removed from Scotland.

Next week Celtic under Brendan will I’m sure be ready for what to expect from the officials as well as the actual official opponents. It’s almost like starting the game 1 down but we’re good enough to get over that. It shouldn’t be that way but unfortunately it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Rangers are dogsh1te recently, they were in trouble today but got the usual digout. Celts, keep their wits about them, they'l efine

• Advertisement
Advertisement