Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

He was exactly where he was supposed to be. Ready to receive a pass if needed. Quansah made a terrible error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I understand I'm probably in the minority but I'd be absolutely thrilled if I didn't have to look at nunez again nxt season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

You are,I hope,,Jota a massive loss , gets alot of goals from few chances,, can't criticise too much on the game, unfortunate error gifted them a goal, not clinical enough, hopefully can still get over the line,was the wind a factor, didn't realise how strong it was until the penalty.

One other thing

If I see that stat pop up on screen about liverpool getting the most points from a losing position one more ******* time I won't be responsible for what I'll do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

think we all agree on that one it’s becoming a reverse jinx now .

• Advertisement

hoping Tuesday night both arsenal and city in the champions league have a tough battle and don’t decide the fixture in first leg .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

City are more like the 2 Chinese lassies than Sonia....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well the BBC have written us off completely going on their headline, we've let the title slip or something. Didn't bother reading it.

As Klopp said a couple of weeks back, the media will say that its all over, we've won it one day and in a few days, we've lost it, after a decent, if disappointing away draw.

Loads of twists and turns to come yet, still ahead of City and if Arsenal won all there remaining games and stay ahead in goal difference, good luck to them. Isn't going to happen.

Diaz can be very frustrating at times. Has gotten away with it the last couple of games because he scored but his decision making can be very poor.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,540 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sad

I'd be more inclined to question the 3 for not putting the ball in the net

• Advertisement

Snatch of the day in on. Hopefully we win this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Keeper error rather than brilliance from Bruno, in my view. The ball travels such a long distance and at a relatively low trajectory, just above Kelleher's head. He ought to have stopped the shot. He just lacks the mobility, athleticism and anticipation that top keepers possess. He could have made a better attempt to stop the second goal as well. Klopp is always quick to praise Kelleher but I think the absence of Allisson at this crucial stage of the season is a major blow. Klopp realises that but the title hopes are as good as gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

How does anyone blame Kelleher for that goal? He's in a pretty normal position for when your back four are in complete control of possession. It was just a terrible howler of a pass from Quansah. Under no pressure. And even then I think it falls to the only United player who would probably have scored from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

He was nearly 15 yards outside the box giving Quansah a passing option. It would be physical impossible to get back into position from the time that pass was deemed under hit to the time Bruno stroke it, like the incident was less than 5 seconds. How is he meant to turn, sprint back to the box, and also leap into the air to palm the ball within that amount of time?

His position, slow reaction and lack of elevation, let's call it. He's 6'4". The effort by Bruno was audacious but hardly a "worldie" like Beckham's versus Wimbledon. Saveable.

was waiting for this nonsense his positional sense was what you’d expect from a goalie in that situation it fell to one of their few players who hit a shot like that . Without Keleher we would be in no title race , most of our goals we have conceded down the stretch down to midfielders and defenders not doing their jobs .

My god the chances when all put together on MOTD, it's shocking the chances we missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

His position was fine - he was an easy out ball for Quansah.

As for not getting a hand to it - if he had he'd have been sent off and then we're down to 10 men with Adrian in goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭Xander10

Not getting the 3pts had nothing to do with Kelleher.

For me, this run of league games, has shown him grow in confidence. While every team wants their first choice players available , kelleher as stand is not a cause for concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Robert2014

He's outside the box, if he's gets hands on it it's a sending off straight red, no?

What a dreadful result.
    I don't think we have a hope of winning the premiership. Just not good enough. Too many inconsistent players.

I have always been a "Darwin In" guy but my patience is really wearing thin with him. He has some great games but not sure now will he ever cut it. To be a top striker, he has to be far more clinical. Not sure if he'll ever have that in him.

Diaz is a great worker and I can never question his attitude, but he drives me bananas half the time. Can Klopp not f**king tell him to stop overdoing things and pass the bloody ball earlier? He loses it so many times. I nearly threw the tv out the window today when he aimlessly ran across the pitch with the ball going nowhere.

Salah is in really sh1t form. Funnily enough, some of his passing has been top notch this season, but I don't know what's on his mind recently. His shooting has been poor. And he overdoes things similar to Diaz. If a good offer comes during the summer, I think we'd be mad to turn it down.

Szoboszlai is just not cutting it. There is potential of course. He was brilliant at the start of the season. Then he dropped down a level or two and never regained his earlier form. He's not playing like a £60 million player. He's slowly turned into an average player.

Add to that Gakpo and Gravenberch and therein lies most of our problems.

Jota can't come back soon enough. Trent too if he's kept from defending duties.

I think it's 3rd place for us, and maybe a chance at the Europa League.

Not a reaction to today. Been thinking this for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

We ain't out of anything, more twists to come,,, it's a stretch to win our remaining games but a possibility non the less ….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,321 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

we weren't going to win the league by winning today and we haven't lost it by drawing, kelleher was where he was supposed to be, this isn't on him, bad mistake from quansah.

Now I've said some silly things admittedly in my time but this is an absolutely crazy statement

Kelleher is 1 million% not at fault for that goal and tbh I don't even blame quansa for the result,that's all down to our inept forwards I'm affraid

It's nitpicking, but if he had been a couple of foot out side the box he'd have saved it, or Bruno would not have shot, I felt it was a bit too far out, as he would be available for a pass, even on the line of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭esker72

Salah is repeating what he was like two years ago when he came back from the African Cup and there were doubts about his contract situation. He was superb for the first five months of that season but came back after losing in the final and was terrible for the run in. Slightly different African Cup for him this time with the injury but he still looks miles off his best.

Thought the substitutions hampered us today. Elliott did well but Gakpo, Gomez and Jones didn't improve the situation and we weren't as dominant when they came in. That equaliser might be crucial. I can see City winning all their games but think Arsenal might wobble on the run in. We'll need to win all our games which is a big ask but not impossible if we get a bit more clinical.

• Advertisement

Salahs status as a Liverpool legend and one of the top strikers ever to play for Liverpool is well cemented but you do wonder what the combination of the distractions of the African nations and this fasting crack affect has on him in the business end of the season . It has to have a certain percentage effect on his efficiency.

Anyone have the 3 teams remaining fixtures side by side for easy reference?

there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

No doubt it was a poor result yesterday but there's still plenty of games left,and if we don't win it I hope,Arsenal do but for now its not over yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I was just replying to the question 'would he have been sent off'

Personally I had no problem with Kellehers position.

Quansah just made a bad bad mistake.

Even VVD was pointing toward the GK but Quansah didn't even get his head up.

I'd prefer if the GK was in the box all the time but that isn't how JK does things

I probably the odd one out here that’s fine but I’d nearly prefer the financial cheats win it rather then listening to the arsenal fans who not withstanding when the very odd time recently they are in title race most would prefer Man Utd beat Liverpool in any season .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Fairly ridiculous blaming kelleher to any degree, he was in the position expected of our keeper when the centre backs are in possession turning back towards him. It's a catastrophic error from Quansah that's all.

There will be changes in team with fit players coming back but one that I would like to see is Elliot start a few games yes he makes mistakes but to me he’s more likely to make things happen then others at present . Also he maybe a project player for next season but Danns is on the bench for a reason play him for 15/20 mins he’s shown he has no fear , trust the lad .One thing we need to look at just as much as the inability to finish chances is the equally inability to get clean sheets . We need both now going forward . How all this ends up who knows but please please let’s give ourselves the best opportunity to add another trophy no matter how talented this squad is there’s no guarantee that next year will be anything like this . We go agsin .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Still think we can afford another draw and emerge as champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭JimboJones99

Very frustrating yesterday, hard to be critical of the Klopp and the players but this was a massive blow. The 2 games at Old Trafford highlight why we are not equipped to win the league, not clinical enough up front and not solid enough at the back. The fact is that we just give up too many chances, which is fine as I know the offset is greater attacking play but we are not killing off games due to a lack of ruthlessness.

I cant recall a team that butchers so many chances on the break where we have the overload on. Jota has been a massive loss. Diaz and Jones are fine players and great to watch but by Jesus do they know how to take a touch on the ball. They are not big game players as they are too slow with the ball. Diaz takes 7 touches where Mane only needed 1. By the time Jones does his 4 little turns and passes the ball, the bus has been parked again.

Quansah has been and will be brilliant for us and he will learn from his mistakes but he had got away with a couple early on in the game. I cannot for the life of me understand why he didnt play against Sheffield Utd and Konate rested for yesterdays game.

Its a bit surreal that I am so despondent despite being level on points at the top but there is no way we should have dropped points after being so dominant but this has been coming. There is no way that I can see us dropping less points than Arsenal and City in the run in. I expect Man Cit & Arsenal to win all their games, I dont expect us to. But by Fowler I hope I am proven wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone have a screen grab of where Kelleher was standing when Quansah played the pass out of curiosity?

I completely understand him showing wide for it but I was surprised in the replay when the commentators said he was lucky he didn't touch it. I was a teeny tiny bit surprised he was outside his box.

Ive finally calmed down a bit. That was 90 minutes of pure stress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Do city or arsenal look like they'll drop points? Arsenal might but City won't.

we’ve also being hanging on to the fact that arsenal and city will be distracted by champions league ties can’t see that either the damming thing would be we drop more points in coming matches and it all becomes irrelevant. At least make it hard for them .

• Administrators Posts: 54,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He should be starting big games on the bench and coming on against tired legs, but the only other option was Gakpo who has yet to impress.

Nunez, Diaz and Gakpo are all decent players individually, but also too wasteful, and carrying 3 wasteful strikers in the squad is costly.

If you compare to our previous attacking options, Firmino was never the most clinical striker, but he was the only one at the time. Mane and Origi you could rely on to put the ball in the net more often than not, there was no missing open goals or blazing tap ins over the bar.

IMO if one of Nunez, Diaz or Gakpo was moved on and replaced with a more prolific attacking option it would massively improve our squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

If Arsenal win their final 7 games then they fully deserve it! However they'll drop points somewhere, City is another story however. At the most, they have a draw somewhere along the run.

The big question over us is, can we win our remaining games from here out. If we do, we will win the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I think we were quite fortunate with the penalty I know for sure if that gets given against us you’d have some moaning from us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Still very much gutted. We were totally dominant until their goal. What upsets me most is that we didn't have the mentality to brush it off and go again. We went to pieces. Several players trying to do too much, rather than take ownership of the game. That meant we had to make more changes than we might otherwise have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Id quite like to see Gakpo start 4 or 5 games in a row before saying he cant finish.

I think that particular part of his game is a notch or two higher than Diaz and Nunez. His hustle seems to be another notch or two lower though.

Since Xmas, we've lost to Arsenal away, drew with City and drew at OT and are still joint top.

I know it's well known now but the standards are outrageous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Thud

Not aiming this at you Ottoman but this is all getting a bit repetitive, there's been dozens of posts on who will/won't win out in the past week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i think a lot of people fail to realise how outrageous the standards are.

before this era of football, there was not one title race ever that was declared over because it was expected that at least one of the two top teams would win 7 games in a row to finish the season, all with the CL thrown into the mix. it's crazy, and completely ridiculous. in Ferguson's dynasty era, any point at Anfield would've been considered a great point, no matter how shít we were. these days, it's seen as unmitigated failure for us to fail to win there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement