Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

It's not checked you just scan at turnstile which is automated and not checked after that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Veering into Kevin Keegan territory here, but I'm desperate for Leinster to beat La Rochelle next weekend.

The lies peddled by ROG and Alldritt in the aftermath of the final really left a bitter taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It is really embarrassing for them. The medals will been seen as making it all worth it but a sad way to live.

Imagine after winning your trophy and in the aftermath rather than celebrating you're crying over the level of eye contact given during the coin toss and a bunch of other imagined slights in the build-up.

Will chuckle away with whatever nonsense ROG comes out with this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Madeoface

They should stick them in a chip van for pre and post match obligations and have the team bus suffer some Scotland type diversion en route.

ROG is a dose. Encapsulation of everything wrong about Cork. Lovely city, but full of opinionated dic#heads. Lost a lion's series all on his own.…and cost me a good few quid in the process...fkn dope.

There's a reason even Munster don't play big games in Cork..lol

ROG has become Eddie Jones lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I hope they spend the whole **** week working on clearances. Two finals in a row we shot ourselves in the feet with both barrels. Sick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Two adults, four kids, front row of the upper stand on the 10m line - 140 euro.

I know they have to incentivise buyers with the short turnaround time but that is serious value, fair play Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Echo what many are saying here. Whilst somewhat forced with the short turnaround, it is great to see such value for a Quarter Final of a European Cup in what is the glamour tie of the round.

I wonder what numbers are they expecting. From the ticket sale it looks like the upper west has not been released at all so seems it will be empty for the match. I do think this extra round of knockout games takes away from the knockouts in general. If this game was lined up for the last couple of months it would easily be a sell out. Fingers crossed they sell as many as possible. 5.30pm kick off is perfect too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

You’d have to imagine upper west is only sold if the rest of the stadium sells out. Can’t be seen by the cameras, was empty on Saturday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Oh yeah, understand that. It was more an observation about expectation about potential sales. You'd imagine if they were confident of a sell-out it would be on sale from the start. As I said hopefully they sell as many as possible.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'd say they'd be aiming for over 40k, with maybe over 45k being a bonus.

The Leicester game was plannable a long way out, and occurred at the end of a school break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭conquestscarer

They were atrocious against Leicester. I don't know why we go long when they're just going to run the ball back at us. James Lowe also had an off day and we didn't use Jamie Osborne once to kick the ball, who has a boot just as good as Lowe. Hopefully we switch to kicking to compete, using box kicks in our 22 and then when we are just in our own half using the Boks special with the out half sending up a huge kick at their wings and apply pressure.

If we kick half as badly as we did against Leicester it will be difficult to win the game, scoring a try was almost painful because I knew the **** clearances were coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wayuphigh

any presale link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wayuphigh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

And Leicester also targeted Lowe like England

JGP looks at Earl before the pass to Lowe. Itoje even points to Lowe. Would have thought Ireland would have had a plan or organised better protection of the running channel. e.g. Porter could have come away from the ruck (McCarthy swapping around) to push the running line of Earl more towards the touchline.

Would like to see Osborne been utilised beside Lowe for these kicks.

Leinster made a total hames of sorting out their clearing kicks v LaR in the finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Please note this has nothing to do with other provinces, well not nothing but I am not talking about Munster fans supporting La Rochelle, I couldn't care less

I am wondering will the rest of the URC teams be cheering on a Leinster win at the weekend?

Bulls and Leinster are only two teams left in it with a very difficult game for Bulls away in Northampton.

My reasoning behind it, if Leinster get knocked out on Saturday they only have the URC left to play for, a full firing Leinster team with no European games would be a lot more difficult to play against than a team playing in both competitions. As we have seen Leinster have focused on European instead of URC in this situation, so for the other teams to get a better chance to win the URC having them stay longer in Europe is better for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think its fair to say that other URC teams want the best opportunity to win the URC and if Leinster are depleted, they wouldn't complain as it makes the effort slightly less arduous. But I wouldn't go as far to say that anyone else from the URC is cheering on Leinster for that or any reason outside of other Irish fans who would nominally prefer an Irish team to win it. The teams themselves will be preparing for a full-strength Leinster if/when they meet them. And after last year, it would be reasonable to assume that Leinster might put out a stronger team in the URC knockouts regardless.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the URC wont even have played its last regular round of games (18) by the time the Champions cup is over so its pretty immaterial to most teams how leinster or the bulls go in the CC.

leinster have a 9 point cushion to 3rd place so will probably send a depleted squad to SA, as they have done previously anyway.

If they have a semi/final in Europe the week after I don't see them changing to be honest.

• Administrators Posts: 53,823 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Champions Cup final is on the week between your game against Ulster and your game against Connacht. The URC knockouts won't even have started.

Leinster going far in Europe would definitely benefit Ulster, as we are likely to really need a win in that game. That said, it's highly likely Leinster send a rotated team to Belfast no matter what, and Europe is unlikely to have any bearing on your selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭PMC83

Wonder will we see many changes for Sat, is Ringrose injured?

• Advertisement

Everyone seems to be saying he is out

Who will be captain? I hope they have done some "looking into the eye" training so Aldritt doesn't get upset again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Tickets are shifting quicker then I'd have expected could be on for a sell out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭KH25

Will be assessed further during the week according to Leo. Healy in a similar position.

Robbie, Keenan, Frawley and Porter all fit to play.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/2024/04/08/leo-cullen-issues-injury-update-ahead-of-quarter-final-against-la-rochelle/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Karl Dickson will referee Leinster vs. La Rochelle (Murray Kinsella)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Tickets sales are already above 20,000 for Saturday's game. Think this might be a sellout.

Will probably be more Leinster fans than at the final last summer due to relative lack of corporate giveaways and fans of other clubs attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭ongarite

35K tickets sold already which is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

How have we done when reffed by Karl Dickson? Does he suit us?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I wouldn't change any personnel this week. Why bring a rusty Ringrose? He's going to be cold and will have no match fitness.

Advertisement