Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I think they've been on there for a while now... it's the Cherry red from the Berlin gigafactory that I would love to see available here.

https://www.tesla.com/en_eu/giga-berlin-model-y-colors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

It is, isn't it? Can order a new MY with it now as far as I can see.

You can order the new ultra red, but not the Cherry Red ones. They're only available in left hand drive from Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

That's not true. Cherry Red and Quicksilver are now available on the Irish site for order... if you're willing to swallow the almost €4,200 total cost.

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. It must be very recently changed. I humbly stand corrected...

I'll be looking into it when I'm changing my current MY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Nice colour alright. Reminds me of the deep Mazda metallic red from recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I like the Quicksilver also, would look smart with the light interior.

I prefer light colour exteriors, easier to keep looking smart. Not sure I would pay the extra VRT for the new colours though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

When you go to order a model Y it still has the text that it is 0% finance although it also still says ends on March 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 90pinions

The new Quicksilver grey on the Model Y Irish site looks very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Seb21

Seemingly anyone who had MSM ordered is now getting Quicksilver upgrade for free but will have to wait until June-July…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Uwakiss

Yeah, i got changed to cherry red. I fear it would be a longer wait

Just got email this morning about getting free upgrade - but it didn't mention how it will effect delivery times.

We also ordered a second MY yesterday in Black with 19inch and got VIN for it last night using the Chrome Vin finder plugin.

We ordered on the basis of 0% finance deal, which will be honoured for a while yet rather than being a hard stop on 31st March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I got an email response from finance:

The 0% rate will apply on all Tesla Model Y vehicles ordered before 16th April and delivered before the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

That will help clarify for many who have ordered or those sitting on the fence to proceed with orders before 16th April as it is worth thousands

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jobrien19

Amazing how they have completely changed their tune as that's not what I was told last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I ordered a MY in Midnight Silver back in February through Leaseplan, initial ETA according to Leaseplan was 31 March, I asked again at end of March and it was then changed to 30 April. Does anybody know if any MY will arrive this month ? Or is it safe to assume it will indeed be June ( and in Quicksilver) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

Hi all, have had my Model Y for a few weeks. When I'm on the M4 going above 100kms I have a bit of a vibration through the steering wheel. My thoughts are it's wheel alignment or a balancing issue. I've never had a car on all new tires or a new car for that matter. Is some vibration normal until the tires get some wear on them? I brought the tires up to 42PSI the day after collection.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Can anyone advise on how the Tesla finance package works ?

Do you put the deposit down for say a MY and they contact you to finance it or do you have to chase them separately ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

Thanks, have booked it in for later this week. It's estimated around €200 but I don't expect to pay given it's been like that since I collected it.

Finance Ireland is the Tesla approved finance provider, you do your finance application on a Finance Ireland page but it's linked in with the Tesla website so they work together on it behind the scenes. I seem to remember with AIB being an option before, maybe for HP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

yes that’s normal. Once they confirm it’s warranty then the cost disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blue Ice

I ordered my MY RWD on 15th February 0% finance.

Est delivery date is now 8th—28th May. Does any know if Tesla is still honouring 0% finance for MY?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Anyone know what boat the next delivery is due on at the end of the month / start of May?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chickenfilletroll

Just got the message to pay the deposit for the model Y I ordered in February which is due for delivery between the 8th and 23rd of May. Before I pay though I'm still not really clear on what my monthly repayments will be. Is it best to reach out to finance ireland on this or Tesla themselves ? Also do you not get a credit agreement ? Or does that come after the deposit ?

On web site put in your details as though you were ordering a new car with same specifications, then go to bottom left of screen and you will see the cost, open the window and select for the relevant finance options (PCP or Hire purchase) and input our details.you will see monthly repayments. It is usual to only get details of finance agreement for signing a few days before actual delivery. Many people prefer to wait until they are offered a firm delivery slot before making payments over the initial booking deposit. Whether you pay now or not does not impact being offered a delivery slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chickenfilletroll

Is that actually accurate though ? Because when filling out my details on the finance ireland site, the cost was actually a little more

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lynam123

Can I ask if the deposit is the full amount owed or a portion of it? The reason why I ask is that I ordered a M3H AWD a couple of weeks ago. I’m paying approx 50% up front and the rest HP over 3 years. The 50% down payment is made up almost entirely of what I’ll get in a private sale of my current car. I’m just concerned that I’ll have to sell mine up to a month in advance in order to front the deposit, leaving me without a car for weeks. Can anyone clarify this please?

you won’t have to pay more than the booking deposit until closer to the actual delivery date but you will have to pay it before car is registered on your name and registration number provided. In other words don’t leave it to date of delivery but there should be no pressure to pay it well in advance of that. It is usual that people wait until they get a confirmed delivery slot (not an estimate) before making final payments.

• Advertisement

Call them otherwise you will be stressing. Monthly repayments on Tesla site should be accurate and for Mod Y reflect the 0% APR promotion (read back on the threads for comments on this). Cant comment on what you have entered on the Finance Ireland site but if its a standard application (as opposed to Tesla promotion of 0%APR) of course it will appear higher.

Advertisement