Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog for two wheelchair users

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hi All,

What are people's thoughts on a cockapoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

A cockapoo is a cross between a cocker spaniel and a poodle, both very intelligent and energetic dogs (particularly the spaniel bit).

While I don't profess to be an expert on either (or crosses), that dog is going to take a lot of stimulation and exercise to keep them happy and sane. Can you commit to providing that? From previous posts you both seem to have a lot of other commitments, and I thought you had conceded that your lifestyles didn't really suit dog ownership? (open to correction on that).

Just seen another dog for adoption from a place near me. Gorgeous little cockapoo:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My thoughts are the same as they were the last time you posted about a dog, and the time before that too: you're simply not in a position right now to be a dog owner. I'm sorry to keep saying this, because it's clear you really, really want a dog. But wanting a dog just isn't enough. There's a line I break out all the time in so many scenarios because it's applicable to so much: Maybe the question I should be asking myself isn't "Can I?", but "Should I?".

• Advertisement
Advertisement