Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

only 2 M3's in the inventory at the moment. it'll be interesting to see what appears and at what price level now we're at the start of Q2.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

…according to the website, it's often way off

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

prior to last week there was circa a dozen or so. can't imagine they were all sold.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Advertisement

Can only assume they were. Otherwise they’d still be online. Model 3 was No. 2 selling EV in Q1 2024 so wouldn’t surprise me that they have sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

What are people's thoughts on the extended warranty?

I only have ~3,000km left on the general warranty for my 2022 RWD model 3.

I've had a few jobs done under the warranty, but €2,941 seems pretty steep for an extra 80,000km that I'll blow through in about two years. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

What sort of jobs, or more importantly how much did you save on them? That would probably decide it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I'll be in the same boat soon on our '21. The only job I had done under warranty was a one leaky rear light and everything has been fine since 2022 so I'm happy enough to rely on the drivetrain warranty only.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

Windows squeaking because a seal was misaligned, back seat rattling because the bolt for the backrests wasn't the whole way through the seat back, boot motor failure and most recently the steering wheel was replaced because the material was bubbling. In total the invoices reach €1200.

I'm hoping I'm at the bottom of the bathtub curve at this stage.

• Advertisement

By the sound of it your car was built by the trainee interns ;-) Based on this list I would not go forking out money for the warranty. If the steering wheel bubbles again it's just an excuse to get it clad with real leather.

the boot strut was a known bad batch/part, the replacement allegedly will not have the same failure rate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Friday afternoon car perhaps.

3K for an extended warranty for non-drivetrain or battery advantage sounds a bit rich tbh.

Exactly. Once the adjustments are/were completed I expect nothing much further is needed on a Model 3.

I have heard of some front suspension work that could be needed sometime between 100 and 200k but this is just wear and tear really and doesn't justify spending 3k for 1k (or less) of work. The older pre-heatpump cars suffer from occasional cabin heater matrix failure but that part was eliminated late 2020. The repair for that is about 1k for the older cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Been searching a bit but said I’d ask for people’s experiences, particularly recent.

Im contemplating a new Model 3 (trying to decide between SR and LR - for a long commute but both should comfortably do the trip). Called into their place at the weekend and they don’t have my preferred colour/interior combo on the ground or in transit (white/black leather/19 inch alloys). When I go to the website to order it does show a LR in that combo due April-May however.

I suppose I’m just wondering if it would be foolish to order on the website in the hope of an earlier delivery over what their dealer is telling me.

There’s no difference. If you order in the store, they simply use the website to place your order.

They also don’t know what’s coming and what’s not coming. Tesla don’t build to spec, but send out multiple combinations of cars and assign as they are on the boat on the way to Europe.

Thanks. In that case I’ll take a punt on ordering from the website. I was shown what was on the boat at the dealer and it meant a white interior (nice, but not for me) or a different colour which is fine but for 2k I’m happy with a white one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Hi Gustavo, I assume it was you I was texting last night🤣. Don't forget to use the referral when you order.🤠

☀️

Haha - I’ve used the link so far and will do with the order. Just need to decide if I want the poke/sound system really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭allinthehead

It's a tough call, you certainly won't regret the extra power, not cheap though. I did a test drive in a long range a few months ago and I don't regret going for the rwd. The extra 8k or so in my back pocket has come in handy lately too.

☀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ferg01

for what it’s worth, I went for the SR+ instead of the LR and regret not having the better sound system. If I were ordering new today it’d be a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭boosabum

Derek o Reilly getting only 300km range on a rwd hl. Not the kinda numbers I was expecting. Thought he'd be closer to 375 based on the driving styles he chose.

What kind of driving and how much charge does the car take from 0 to 100%?

300km sounds like a valid range at a motorway run at real speeds of 120 km/h in current weather. In that case the car would go from 100→10% and would take about 50 kWh to charge back to 100. This would be a a consumption of 167 Wh/km. Probably similar enough for multiple short distance runs in the suburbia as well, where the car would have to be repeatedly heated up.

In summer conditions the consumption will then be considerably lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭boosabum

interesting video. its 310km from my home to park west dublin and back to ballacolla. according to the video the car wouldn't have enough juice to make it requiring a stop at junction 14 instead. not great but i guess that only applies to the days when the weather is crap, it might do it handily enough in mild weather.

Yes, so exactly what I thought. Rain, headwind, driven at 120 km/h. What's important is that the car estimated that he would arrive in Rosslare at 52% and that was exactly what he had when arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭josip

Only around 170km of the total trip would have been on 120km M11. Since he did he return leg at 100, then he only did 85km at 120, the rest at 100. If he'd kept it to 115 on the way down, he probably would have been able to return at 110 maybe even 115.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll5qiWa6YDk&t=83s

:)

I had an airport run Sat late evening, 110kms all the way on motorway apart from little bit hitting Dublin at 80 and M50 at 100. 221 M3 RWD. Range with wind and some horrible rain was 345kms

120km/h all motorway in that weather from a 57.5kwh car. I would have thought that’s good?

The 17.6 kWh/100km figure is the important number here. Quite efficient but relatively high for the M3 RWD which I assume the weather didn’t help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

sounds about right for motorway, pretty similar to what I get in the pre highland rwd 3. Maybe 20-25km more than mine depending on weather and conditions.

Advertisement