Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Absolutely not - that's your claim. About Netanyahu.

Mine is that a LOT of Gazans approved the murder and degradation of Shani Louk, since we saw their own Youtube clips of passers-by (not Hamas) all cheering as her body was driven around in a truck in Gaza.

Another poster made a different point about the tendency of Islam to somehow develop the tendencies of extremists who go around the world murdering people they don't like. It's a different point, but he's not wrong. My own view of that is that all religions have their extremists, including Buddhism, Hinduism and Christianity, but that some religions (well, one in particular) seems particularly fertile ground for that line of thought. Modern christianity doesn't have any equivalent of 72 virgins for instance. I can't say for the others, but just judging by the numbers of random attackers from each of the major religions, it doesn't look like it.

Only one stands out. But maybe I'm wrong and maybe it's really those Jews kidnapping sex slaves in Nigeria and Mali, and they're just so damn clever that they're blaming Muslims for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mollser

"Hamas wasted no time in reassuming its presence in Khan Younis following the Israeli military withdrawal, seizing control of aid lorries and assuming responsibility for the firing of rockets at southern Israel from the city."

https://www.irishtimes.com/world/middle-east/2024/04/08/israel-hamas-war-gaza-strip-latest-news/

It's this kind of fcukery that makes it difficult for many to have much sympathy for the Palestinian/Hamas cause - irrespective of the fact that Israel's response is undeniably OTT. Two sides in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Imagine that. What do you expect to happen after the place is bombed to pieces? Honestly, please tell us

Sure there are two sides over in Ukraine as well …….. plenty of partisan groups attacking poor Russians over in the Donbas. Two sides. Is it equally as difficult for you to have much sympathy for the Ukrainians? When the Russians withdrew from Kharkiv, sure the Ukrainians moved back in and started firing rockets at them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mollser

Emm maybe not seizing aid and launching rockets at Israel? Should they not have other priorities like, I dunno, helping their own people first? How are they even getting the resources to launch rockets!

Your link says "seizing control of". Surely someone is needed to coordinate and distribute the little aid that is allowed to enter? The international agencies were driven out long ago

Any possible alternate infrastructure has long been obliterated by the Israelis. What other group do you think might spontaneously arise to take over?

What would you suggest they do with their rockets rather than fire them against the genocidists wiping out their people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Something I came across recently -

Israel committing Genocide and War Crimes against Palestinians did not start in 2023. There was violence against Palestinians every day. You can't be defending yourself while occupying a country.

1. Haifa Massacre 1937.
    2. Jerusalem Massacre 1937.
    3. Haifa Massacre 1938.
    4. Balad el-Sheikh Massacre 1939.
    5. Haifa Massacre 1939.
    6. Haifa Massacre 1947.
    7. Abbasiya Massacre 1947.
    8. Al-Khisas Massacre 1947.
    9. Bab al-Amud Massacre 1947.
    10. Jerusalem Massacre 1947.
    11. Sheikh Bureik Massacre 1947.
    12. Jaffa Massacre 1948.
    13. Khan Yunis Massacre 1956.
    14. Jerusalem Massacre 1967.
    15. Sabra and Shatila Massacre 1982.
    16. Al Aqsa Massacre 1990.
    17. Ibrahimi Mosque Massacre 1994.
    18. Jenin Refugee Camp 2002.
    19. Gaza Massacre 2008/09.
    20. Gaza Massacre 2012.
    21. Gaza Massacre 2014.
    22. Gaza Massacre 2018/19.
    23. Gaza Massacrer 2021.
    24. Present Gaza Massacre - ongoing.

But concentrate on an isolated incident by an Islamist in Europe. All murders are evil regardless of who commits them.

This is because Hamas' whole existence is all about destroying Israel. Since they were elected, they've run Gaza as a war economy, with everything else being subsidiary to that. If they had a chance of winning that war, that forced sacrifice by the Gazans might be justified, or at least understandable, but in reality all they've done is destroyed their own economy so that massive numbers were already wholly or partly dependent on foreign aid before October 7th (and most of those who weren't directly in receipt of aid were employed by the various aid organisations and so were indirectly dependent).

Someone linked to an interview with Hamas a day or so ago, where they made it clear that nothing has changed in that respect: if they get back into power, they have zero intention of giving Gazans a choice in this matter. No democracy, and no change in direction for the economy: it will be back to preparing more attacks on Israeli citizens in their homes.

That's what posters here calling for an unconditional ceasefire are supporting. I don't even think most Gazans would now support that - but it seems like nobody's interested in asking them anyway.

Same as posters on here defend Egypt not letting desperate people out of Gaza, even though Gazans themselves are paying corrupt Egyptian officials small fortunes to let them cross the border. Whose interests do those posters think they are supporting if not Hamas'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

So no pattern at all with Islam and terrorism…

There are 83k Muslims in Ireland ………… you must be absolutely crapping yourself walking about the country given they are all out to get you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

Simple question - do you think Judaism is backwards for citing Old Testament standards of morality when it comes to perpetuating genocide?

This is not a simple question, this is a false statement and a lie presented as a question.

• Advertisement

"You must remember what Amalek has done to you, says our Holy Bible. And we do remember."

You do know right, that it is the Old Testament that Judaism follows? No?

They didn't occupy any country, there was no country there, but it was their ancestral land. And the history of this conflict doesn't start in 1937 just as it doesn't start in 2023, but how you pick and choose speaks volumes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

So all Turkish people are responsible for erdoogan then by your logic. And all Iranians are responsible for those who are in lower over them.

You are using a strange logic to attack the belief system of over 1 billion people and twisting it to suit your defence of those who are Jewish. You should learn some tolerance.

Now now for the extremes, but there is hardly a religion or belief system that is without extreme fundamentalists and few in history have been without them

And significant jihadi terrorism activity, so far limited to financing, but this would be a subject for a different thread.

You should send your evidence of same on to the Gardai.

Well if you want to call Gaza a ''territory'' feel free. It is not Israeli either way.

Israel has been illegally settling land for 75 years, displacing people, forcing them jnto refugee camps, imprisoning without charge, witholding natural reources, blockading ports, destroying airports, shooting children....

They need to have an awfully hard long look at what they are doing before the can cast aspersions elsewhere

They know, that's how I know, from whatever ended up in the news. Which would be much less than what's really going on.

https://www.thejournal.ie/terrorism-report-europol-europe-ireland-5822827-Jul2022/

Absolute nonsense. Saying what Erdogan has done in Turkey is not blaming all Turks for that. We can state facts without that being blame. I don't even think all Gazans support Hamas, as my posts will have made clear, if you actually read them, instead of just projecting.

Same for Iran. Indeed I'd go further than that and say that most Iranians I know are more secular than any other Muslim majority country in the region. It's tragic that they have a religious dictatorship, but it's certainly not the fault of individual Iranians.

Now off you go and make the same comment to the poster who repeatedly quotes a single comment about Amalek as evidence of something significant about Israel.

Oh wait, you won't do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

funny I have these same questions of Israel Bombing children and women and aid workings and shooting doctors in the head point blank and seizing more illegal settlements and stealing aid and bombing everything taller than a shoe box be it bakery or university or hospital. I thought they needed international aid too?

But that's exactly how you've framed it when you tries to turn it he other way. You are setting double standard and arguing against yourself at this stafe

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭thereiver

Most buildings in Gaza are now heaps of rubble hospitals and health centres are being bombed aid has to be brought in by truck or boat. There's a question will aid workers go in as it hardly safe to go anywhere without the risk of bombs or missiles theres a good article in guardian opinion by a Palestinian writer Today he sees no sign of hope in the future his Israeli friends that are liberal are a minority with no influence Israeli media tv are dominated by right wing extremists or people who just support the government no matter what they do

Israel is probably waiting to attack rafah because of the phone call that Biden made last week

Some palestians work as aid workers

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ironically, you have just done what you accuse others of.

You should apply to the IDF for a job as a spokesperson 😉

Did I say it was? No, I've never said it was. Stop trying to claim I've said things I've not said. It's not your first attempt

I've not defended Hamas, not once, yet you have kept defending the ongoing murder of ordinary Palestinians

Oh wow, a whole 4 of them. I've changed my mind - it's ok to kill all the Palestinian toddlers so.

/sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Small bit of good news -

"Ireland will shortly formally recognise the State of Palestine, Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs Micheál Martin has told the Dáil.

It is understood that Ireland and some other EU states will announce
    formal recognition of Palestine once a peace initiative – expected in
    the coming weeks – is under way. Sources were reluctant to put a date on
    this but said it would be “sooner rather than later” and was a matter
    of weeks rather than months."

https://www.irishtimes.com/politics/2024/04/09/ireland-will-soon-formally-recognise-state-of-palestine-tanaiste-tells-dail/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭mvt

You are wrong here & if you don't want to admit that's fine. Knock yourself out with your reply,I won't be.

Advertisement