Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day / night meter deemed export

Options
  • 09-04-2024 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi folks

Just wondering, are we entitled to deemed export if a day/ night meter is installed, as I refused a smart meter?

Ive been told by energy provider, that since I've refused a smart meter, from last august 2023, I will no longer receive payments, but I got a payment on my last bill March 2024 but didn't over last Xmas.

Was told the CRU or ESB won't give deemed export of I refused a smart meter and from last August I won't no longer get it.

Anyone have thoughts on this as I was hoping to join SSE to get welcome bonus but I feel I may not get paid if I switch for deemed Export and ATM I don't think I'm so posed to get paid, so it's a mistake on there behalf but I'll say nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭idc

Day/Night meters are being replaced with Smart equivalents so no you won't get deemed export if you had an older non smart version installed.
    3 phase may still get deemed as there is no 3 phase smart meter yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭zg3409

You should not get deemed export.

There is a new smart meter available from August 2023 that can work with 9 hour night rate plans and you should ask for one from ESB networks asap. There can be a big delay in getting one do apply now. This allows proper night rate plans and export payments based on actual export amount.

If you then later switch to a smart plan you can never go back to proper night rates.

I know I am in that boat waiting on esb networks, so I consume as much as I can.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Deemed export is gone for everyone now it seems. As new solar installs don't get it anymore afaik.

Did you get a smart meter letter? Or did you actively refuse one before August?

There is now a RM108 smart meter, that is a drop in replacement for the Day night meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TechShop

I have a day / night meter, was installed around may 2023 but I got paid this month but didn't Xmas 2023. So I think it's a mistke on there behalf. I refused a smart meter before August 2023. So I put a day night meter in. I was getting deemed Export untill august then they email me I wouldn't get paid, and it stopped paying me then, but now I see I'm getting deemed Export again and I'm like, is this there mistake?

Interesting. Maybe they have deemed that you don't export in the winter 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

It will currently get lost in that thread.

Interesting that there was a deemed payment recently.

Deemed payment is meant to stop if you refuse a smart meter, this is the letter I got before mine went in

I now have a RM108 DN smart meter.

It could be an oversight, It will be interesting to see if anyone else who refused gets on to say if they received FIT since it was supposed to end Q3 last year and 24hr meters were never supposed to get it but a few here in the past said they did. Hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭fits

I took out a smart meter in 2021 and replaced with day night. Got solar installed in February and day night smart meter was just installed last week. Anyone know if I need to do anything else now or when I might start getting paid for export?

Currently in energia day night plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I still get deemed export. It\'s gone for new installs (since Sept last year) but unless you opt out of a smart meter you will still get the deemed payment.

• Advertisement

Just check with ESBN that they received the NC6 form and get email proof because they can lose them. Payment should start from date of receipt of NC6 AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭glen123

Does anyone know how long it takes to be able to see any data on the ESB Networks website following RM108 installation? Won't let me add MPRN on their website, smart meter installed 4 days ago.

Anything up to 30 days from others experience here.

Mprn doesn't change with a smart meter install, unless it was a new connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭td2008

Nothing changed, 20 years at this address.

Will electricity supplier get the correct solar export figure from day 1 of the meter is installation? Any ideas? Just planning on exporting everything back to the grid and use as much as possible the 0.12 night rate instead,but don’t want to start doing it until I am paid correctly for every exported kw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

From what I can see it is accurate and lines up with what I have measured. It will be within a a few percent.

Its hard to get a 100% tally as you dont know what time of the day they cut off when billing. I must do a reconcillation now that I have nealry 6 months smart meter data. My old D/N meter was within 1% of what I had so Im not worried

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

You need the name on the ESBN account the same as you have on your supplier bill and also matching phone number.

If you get it added now you will be able to view the previous meter reads that have been done

Thanks for your help.

I did add my husband’s name to the supplier’s account when moved to Flogas last year while ESB networks account had been registered in my name only a year previously or so. I have updated the name and it allowed to add mprn and I can now see all the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TechShop

Well they stopped paying me auguest 2023 but I got it on last bill of 4 Euro and this bill 39 Euro. See my contract is going to end, not sure to stay if this a glitch or move too sse to get welcome bonus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 GarlicBed

Yes,
    I had a smart D/N installed last friday and yesterday I could see the data from Friday through to Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭fits

oh must check it out. What’s the web page?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Summer2020

still getting deemed export here. They arrived with a new smart version of the day night meter in September 2023 but there was no space for it on the meter board as it’s taller than the older version and space is tight on my board due to a harvi myenergi device there for the solar panels. He told me to get an electrician out on my own dime to get the harvi moved to make space however I haven’t and won’t be doing that.
    if they want to fit the new meter they can make the space themselves

Just the Harvi that is needed to move? Nothing else? Its quite small and runs by harvesting energy with the CT.

It could even go on the side of the meterbox. If you wanted the SM you could move it yourself.. But if you dont, well you dont have to do anything.

Technically, They can remove the harvi and not put it back as your not meant to have anything in the meterbox, the only "consumer" is the bottom right for the main overcurrent.

But generally they just let it slide and just not fit it.

Advertisement