Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-men 97

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Reviews are pretty stellar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Its pretty dope, really enjoying it so far. Crazy to think how long it has been since the last X-Men cartoon

Watched the first two episodes really excellent.

Yea, it's brilliant. Perfectly captures that classic era of the comics. Wish they were releasing more than 10 episodes

Hopefully it gets plenty of people watching to so there is more. The reviews should help drive people to it!

Some really interesting possible places this season can go, Storm without powers, Rogue and Magneto relationship, I am guessing a Jean from another reality?!? Loads more. The animated medium really suits the X-Men so well, best marvel thing in a long while imo.

• Advertisement

Yea, it's looking like they're going to do some of the best stories from the Claremont era. Plus it's so much better now that they have the ability to explicitly use the entire breadth of characters, by name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Spoilers in this interview, but its good fun.

Jeepers episode 3 squeezed in a lot! Might have to give it another spin.

i had to rewatch it. so much going on.

that episode is up there with an episode of Batman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched the first 4 episodes. Like it so far.

I was thinking of watching the original series before staying but then figured it would make the changes too obvious. And I don't mean Rogue's a$$.

Maybe I'm misremembering but Rogue sounds different as do a couple others and the art/animation reminds me of other shows trying to fake being old like the Adult Swim shows(Venture Bros, Sealab)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭_BAA_RAM_EWE

Ep3 was some mess.

Doesn't look or sound right either.

I'm out anyway.

Looks and sounds grand to me...but I will say I thought episode 4 was the weakest so far despite the very cool 16 bit sections.

the Storm bits were very good, jubilee bits, ehhh, not so good.

looked and sounded good to me.

This week's episode MUCH better.

Bar the dodgy Irish and Scottish accents...

aaah, I went back and finished ep 3 cuz I really want to like it. And then I turned off ep4 half way through aswell. Awful. Motendo or whatever the hell was going on rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

This week's ep was excellent. Be very interesting to see where it goes from here.

Yeah Motendo one is episode 4 and yeah it is poor, episode 5 was excellent imo

Post edited by gmisk on

wow, ep5. wasn't expecting that.

good episode.

I didn't think they could do a Mutant Massacre/ E for Extinction in a "kids" show, but goddamn, they nailed it. I think that was the single best X-Men adaptation I've ever seen, just an incredible piece of story telling. So many great moments, Scott's anger in the interview, Logan and Jean, the battle. That last scene was brutal.

Had to rewind just at the fireworks before the party because I was sure I saw Uatu in the sky and it was. So then was wondering what was going to happen. Crazy!

I only have a passing knowledge of X-Men arcs in the comics and was wondering if this series would stick to pre 97 stories. I assume this one is more recent? I also see they have mutants introduced later like Pixie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah the whole Genosha massacre was around 2001 but here they added a lot of mutants created in the last few years like Pixie, Glob Herman and I think I saw Nature Girl too

Did the audio seem off during the Shi'ar parts this week? Especially for Charles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Another week another excellent episode.

The whole story arch here has been done so well. Main stream shows could learn a lot of story telling from this tbh.

Nightcrawler scene with Wolverine was excellent. When are bad guys gonna learn trying to keep Logan down is a waste of energy and body parts

ah it's awful. the whole thing is crap. I'll finish it out but it's dire.

That was the best thing Marvel has produced since Endgame.

That series had everything.

It was a nice touch to have Cable voiced by someone that can do a good Brolin impersonation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,044 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Advertisement