Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Who is Sharon?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Ah! thanks, had completely forgotten about er.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think she is supposed to be managing Harvey's 'business affairs' while he is locked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭prunudo

yeah, from memory, her last scene showed her on the phone and her implying now that Harvey was banged up, that things were going to change because there's a new boss in charge, ie her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I liked Bethany in the past but I haven't enjoyed her since her return her issue with Daisy isn't her wanting people to know the truth it's because of her jealousy of Daisy.

Also, Bethany was fairly sly when she wrote the story for the magazine and I'd be sure enough she told the paper about Laureen's secrets also.

Bethany won't be happy next week because ***** is returning.

Nicky.

Tracyluv's not really gone for good is she? I hope not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭littlevillage

A lot of new buildings and streetscapes tonight.

Corrie set designers have been busy.

At least Liam didn't find Dylan sitting on that bench in the tiny park..... (where every character goes... and gets found)

Nick needs to learn how to smile and be happy again.

Also, how did Alya not recognise Mason.

Also also, why not just tell the police that Mason is interfering with witnesses and threatening them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

When Dylan said he did not see Mason with the knife (after saying he had previously) you would wonder why the lawyer didn't ask whether he had spoken with Mason or any friends of his since that initial testimony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭threetrees

I'm assuming that Mason's brothers will now target Dylan. This story has not finished yet! Strange that we didn't see Mason's parents at court, I guess more will be revealed in due course, or that his brother is his guardian or something.

Is Mason in prison now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was the fella saying bro, his actual brother as looked younger than Mason

You'd think his mother would be in court as I think no father around

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I'm finding Roy annoying, at this stage I would be happy for him to get banged up in jail for a while.

But seeing the end…it would be interesting if Roy was kidnapped and disappeared for a while.

oh Roy, you silly naive man. Question is, is she an imposter or is she really Kerry and wants to harm him.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dixiedan

I find him more than annoying bytimes. Infuriating is more like it to be honest.

I wonder does Roy have Lauren imprisoned somewhere in his flat? Maybe a 'Katy in the box' storyline from Fair City circa 2019 can be resurrected for Corrie 2024???

Also was the chess game with Nicks son the first time we seen the inside of Roys rather large flat. Corrie set designers and their Tardis effects again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭phormium

Roys flat has been shown loads of times, back to when Carla was staying there and even before I'd say, back when Nina originally moved in and even further I'd say. Sure didn't Hayley die in there and I can't remember the scenes or the decor but must have shown then too.

• Advertisement

it hadn't been shown in recent times so I suspect that it had been in storage for a while. It reappeared a few weeks back, and at the time, I guessed that there was to be a storyline based around it as they had brought it back.

I'm sure the studio doesn't have endless space, so for example, around the end of the Stephen Reid storyline, we saw a lot of Rita's house, as lots of scenes centred around it, yet it hasn't been shown for a good while now. They probably recreate the sets as blocks of filming dictates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

was that a clothesline of Roy’s underwear drying indoors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭phormium

Carla and Anna cleaned up after Hayley died, the flat was shown as she took tablets to end her life or did Roy help her?

Gary is over this bullying malarky already...... and he's missing the hanky-panky with Maria....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Now can they charge Roy with murder when they don't have a body?

• Advertisement

whichever producer or writer who gave the go ahead for this Roy storyline should be sacked. Ridiculous nonsense

It's another annoying story. Even tough I'm to young to remember it the Deirdre storyline was good.

Then Gail, Anna, Sally, Tyrone and now Roy. They think they've some type of winning formula for a brilliant story.

Dee dee didn't do him any favours either, sat there quiet as the detective kept baiting him. Swain is bad as the women taking the videos.

Post edited by prunudo on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

How can someone be arrested for murder when there's no body??

I have heard of cases in the UK where people have been convicted without a body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭threetrees

Coronation Street police never ever get it right. So many wrong arrests, charges, sentences, so many innocent people jailed. I'm considering stopping watching until the Lauren story is over. I also dislike raking up old Hayley story too. It's ridiculous.

This one faked being Lauren's mother, filmed Roy without consent and nothing is done to her but Roy is arrested for breaking bail conditions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭DT2016

Corrie gone to the absolute dogs I know have there ups and down but this really is a low

legendary characters reduced to idiots it’s sad I hope someone steps in and help Corrie like what eastenders did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Sparko

Stu seems to be the only one to get any compensation for being wrongly imprisoned, the residents missed a trick there. Like you said, there's enough of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Is that blondie one the only detective in Weatherfield police station? There’s never any other detectives sent to investigate stuff on Coronation Street (except for when our Craigie was temporarily promoted). She also nearly always gets it wrong but never apologises. A five year old observing Roy could see that he is honest as the day is long, and also hardly a candidate for murder charges. Plus of course, no body available AND nothing done about the one who impersonated Lauren’s mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Agree with previous posters. The Police/legal advisers to Corrie are clearly making it up as they go.

If it was real life there would probably be a police station at the end of Coronation Street such has been the spate of crimes in the area, murders, kidnapping, arson, racism, hit & run, burglary, acid attacks, insurance scams, knife crime....

and practically every resident of Coronation Street has done some 'time' at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Roy's solicitor should just be saying, "lads, you've no body, no proof Lauren is even dead and certainly no evidence Roy killed her". And then walk Roy out of the station and file a complaint against the woman who impersonated someone to get into his house.

This story is so beyond farcical it's actually making me angry. The writers must think very little of the audience.

Rant over now 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Why on earth did Evelyn and Roy stand on the doorstep of the cafe and let your one video them, why didn’t they just go inside and lock the door, they seem to be two intelligent people most of the time. Would be happy enough if they let Roy stay in prison now for a while, we need a break from him.

One thing that still sort of amazes me is how Garry got away with everything and he basically sees himself as a great honest guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,555 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A prison has not been built that can hold me, Roy has told another inmate , ''and I'll get out of this one if it means spending my entire life here''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,555 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Roy is too innocent to have done it. He's like this guy trying to hold up a bank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Hopefully they will never find Lauren. A horrible irritating character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

THere was someone convicted of killing Captain Robert Nairac despite his body never being found and rumoured to have turned into dog food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Sparko

And she's been promoted to a full time character - hard to picture her having a drink with them all in the Rovers when she has antagonised and falsely accused so many of the locals. Maybe she'll resign and be working in Underworld by the end of the year.

Nathan is returning, he is getting released, Bethany's groomer, he must be connected with Lauren

Tracy murdered Charlie and got out of prison

I was hoping Rob would get released, he just lightly pushed Tina off the balcony 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Where is Bobby gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭DT2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

What a street!

All of the characters on the street have been arrested at this stage-even Ken and Rita in the past. Maybe with the exception of the Bailey family? Although I'm not too sure about the shady brother. Dee Dee as of yet has no record, I don't think, although we must wait until her long lost son or daughter wanders in one week to uncover all sorts about her past. Craig maybe too?

• Advertisement

He is back soon and he sort of puts Daniel in the frame again thanks to Cassie and Max also

Advertisement